Other Games Workshop Games That FFG Should do

By REWaters, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I looked to see if this was a topic here and I didn't notice it so I'll add one now. happy.gif My appologies if this has been discussed in the past.

I'd like to see the WARGAME SERIES by Games Workshop re-made by FFG. These boardgames included BATTLE FOR ARMAGEDDON, THE HORUS HERESY, and DOOM OF THE ELDAR (or TYRANID ATTACK, depending upon which edition you received). These were great little board wargames. FFG would do a great job re-vamping them.

Also, SPACE HULK. FFG is already very familiar with dungeon crawler style games. Why not this one?

DRAGONMASTER would also be a good one to re-print.

CURSE OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB, a boardgame by Steven Hand, original creator of FURY OF DRACULA.

These are my picks. Any others?

Oh man! Curse of the Mummy's Tomb! LOL I loved that game. The 3D, pyramid board was awesome. I also remember it being quite tough, but then that was a looooong time ago and we were young 'uns back then. Not sure of its tactical/strategic merits nowadays, but would love to see it rise from the ashes Fury of Drac style :)

Warhammer Quest would be a sure success...still a big following for this game.

How about a dungeon tile range for DH and WH, perhaps even with its own miniatures...

I'd like to see FFG revise and rebox GWs Battlefleet Gothic or an Inquistor/Necromunda hybrid style board game.

WARHAMMER QUEST!!!

I'd say a brand new and huge fantasy adventure boardgame "talisman/runebound style" in the Warhammer universe and/or the Warhammer 40k universe.

I would have to go with a re-vamp of Space Hulk, still one of the best from back in the day - or perhaps Rogue Trooper, "avenge the Quartz Zone massacre!"

Pit Fighter.

Although I wouldn't mind getting in on some Necromunda either. 40K meets Final Fantasy Tactics? Sign me up, please!

I'd buy a Warhammer Quest reprint/update. The guy I used to play with moved away and took his game with him preocupado.gif

Space Hulk (which is said to be in works at GW), Warhammer quest, Man O'War. Judging by the prices these games (and mere pieces of them) fetch at eBay (one reason being of course that they're rare and have collectible value) and by the fact that all of them are still going strong, I think all of them would have been a hit.

If the game has to be non-minis, then the Horus Heresy and/or Dark Millenium CCGs, reproduced as LCGs. I think War Cry was not as good.

The press releae for the FFG/GW partnership specifically mentions Blood Bowl & Space Hulk:

"The agreement does not include certain GW titles in which miniatures feature as the predominant component of
the game, such as Space Hulk and Blood Bowl."

So while FFG can probably do games that mention the various IPs, like LCGs or CCGs, re-releasing the old games as a "Big Box" style board game with lots of minis seems to be specifically prohibited. If they can't do Blood Bowl or Space Hulk, I'm guessing Man'O'War is probably out too.

And didn't they already do their own version of Warhammer Quest? It was called Descent: Road to Legend. cool.gif

Absolutely the two player counter wargames (Battle for Armageddon, Horus Heresy, and Doom of the Eldar to a lesser extent the first two are the best). Quick, easy to hit the table and hard to find that style of game in print.

If you have the printer ink and heavy cardstock, Battle For Armageddon is still available for free download from Games Workshop. If I remember it even includes the Chaos expansion.

ManĀ“o War !!!! But taking it from the table and putting it on a nice large board !!!! Of course featuring plastic miniatures (smaller than the original ones) so that it all goes into one big box and some expansions !!!

My favourites would be Blood Royale and Mighty Empires. Anyone else?

The licensing could be a quagmire, but Rogue Trooper and Chainsaw Warrior would be neat to see again.

That would be a lot of fun. I would buy into reboxed necromunda or Star battles.

mtagge said:

Absolutely the two player counter wargames (Battle for Armageddon, Horus Heresy, and Doom of the Eldar to a lesser extent the first two are the best). Quick, easy to hit the table and hard to find that style of game in print.

I still own Doom of the Eldar. A great game.

Man O'War would be an excellent reprint, whether FFG or GW does it, personally I think it seems like a ripe concept for a CMG, as the ships could be sold as semi random packs (maybe per fleet) with cards and plastic ships, heck maybe even modify the liscence to make this happen (I.e. GW produces the minis and boosters, and FFG sells the core rules as a boxed set with 6 imperial frigates and 6 pirate ships ala the original release. Thus GW has a new outlet for minis production and the minis are hardly as hard to make as say a marine platoon, or a landraider, in parts, and the collectable thing means repeat buys of the same product, making for a higher profit margin ( I many players hate collectable minis but if done right we would be able to make it tollerable by players and it's a good concession as it means higher profit for the game company) having FFG sell the boxed set as a gateway drug and letting GW handle the minis end could be a win/win (something we would all like to see)

Except you won't see GW do a minis line that doesn't support either WH or 40k. Becasue such a line would, well, cut the income for the said lines.

As I understand it, FFG cannot reproduce any GW game that uses their scale of minis. How about Advanced Heroquest with Descent/Tannhauser scale minis?

E

Guess with the recent announcement on the GW webpage the idea of Space Hulk is a no go from FFG.

So true, but there are still 3 new games coming for this year!

DataSpider said:

Guess with the recent announcement on the GW webpage the idea of Space Hulk is a no go from FFG.

ejacobs said:

As I understand it, FFG cannot reproduce any GW game that uses their scale of minis. How about Advanced Heroquest with Descent/Tannhauser scale minis?

E