Inferior Jedi?

By venkelos, in General Discussion

I'll ask here, rather than start a whole new thread for something most people won't care about; in EoTE, the lightsaber says you can pick between Brawn and Agility when using it. This lets you choose to be a more mobile, quick-striking character, or a slower, more defensive one, and either way works. (Old Obi-Wan Kenobi isn't so strong now, and never really was, while Darth Vader's diminished Force powers, coupled with his cybernetics, makes him much slower, and less dodgy/cartwheely). AoR doesn't mention that, at all. They are even more "this isn't the weapon you're looking for" than EotE was. Is this still how I am to assume lightsabers work, without a skill telling me the characteristic? It's a beta, and could be an easy, accidental omission, so no biggie, but I'm curious if that has changed?

According to the novel Dark Lord, Vader's post-op fighting style has less to do with reduced agility (once he's adjusted to his cybernetics) and more to do with keeping his center (torso, head, and life support apparatus) protected. To accomplish this, he fights with elbows in and with a greater emphasis on vertical strikes.

Well, the Jedi-in-Hiding NPC got a couple of fixes, namely dropping his ranks in Melee for ranks in Lightsaber, and having the correct Soak Value.

Doesn't change the other concerns raised in this thread, but at least the NPC's been corrected :D