THIS IS WHAT YOU BUY: Competitive Buy List and FAQ

By FiendishDevil, in Star Wars: The Card Game

updated

As a person who is only looking to play with 2-4 players casually once in awhile what would you recommend me to pick up.

I was thinking 1 copy of Core Set, Edge of Darkness, and Balance of the Force.

If you couldn't buy all the sets, which sets contain the most commonly used cards in competitive play? Should I buy the box sets first? Which cycles are stronger? Which packs in that cycle?

Did they add in other Hoth sets in later expansions? I stopped collecting around then.

Thanks

is the hoth cycle still worth picking up?

ive got all the deluxes listed and all of rogue cycle

should i buy all of echoes and no hoth, all of hoth and no echoes, or a mix of the two?

Edited by bageldrone

This is very useful. I just bought a Core and Edge of Darkness and was coming on here to ask for buying advice. :) Now I don't have to.

Not sure how hard I want to hit this game competitively, as I already play X-Wing and Imperial Assault competitively. Don't know if the wallet wants a 3rd FFG game eating up money. Also I have just gotten into Doomtown Reloaded as well, which, as much as Star Wars is my favorite thing, Doomtown seems to be a more solid game overall.

Excited to get into the LCG though. Just hope I don't get pulled in too deep lol.

Okay, looking at this, I am kind of confused. That is alot of stuff to buy to start out! Having never played any type of LCG before, I have a few questions. To start playing, should i just buy in the order that you listed the stuff in? Ex. Buy 2 core sets, than 2 edge of darkness. Also, do I really need all of this to be able to play competitively? I dont know if my wallet can handle another awesome star wars game. Thanks for your help and sorry if this post was annoying!

Okay, looking at this, I am kind of confused. That is alot of stuff to buy to start out! Having never played any type of LCG before, I have a few questions. To start playing, should i just buy in the order that you listed the stuff in? Ex. Buy 2 core sets, than 2 edge of darkness. Also, do I really need all of this to be able to play competitively? I dont know if my wallet can handle another awesome star wars game. Thanks for your help and sorry if this post was annoying!

I just have one core and one edge of darkness and I have tons of fun. That gives you enough to play all 6 factions well and no two games will be alike. I want to get some more and have had the game over a year. I just don't have a ton of money for all the games I play. I'd say get that and go from there. To have fun you really don't need every possible combination.