Surviving Avi's Fan League :-)

By eagermind, in Fan Creations

I have been asked to start a new thread. So here it is.

After passing the first 4 scenarios unscathed, I finally stumbled and failed on my first try on the 5th scenario...but I did not give up and straight away I tried again and suceeded against The Darkness and his undead minions :)

I played both games with Sister Mary, Wendy, Jacqueline, Zoey and Norman.

The first try was a disaster. Wendy got devoured on the 5 th turn due a duplicate madness card. On the same turn Zoey failed a speed check in Yuggoth (with 7 dice !!?) and also got devoured. That was a fatal blow. The game was not looking good, so I decided to end by forfeit and start again.

On the second try I was more lucky:

Starting equipment worth mentioning were a Mi-go brain case from Zoey, Press pass from Norman (from previous game) and Gate box from Jackie (also from previous games).

On the 1 st turn investigators went for clues, except Jackie who stayed at the Curiosity shop and bought an Enchanted Blade, which by the way never used. Mythos card is a “next act begins”. No gate opens, clue for Norman and Jackie cancels the terror level with Director’s diary she had as initial equipment. Wraith moves to the sky. The 2 nd turn starts with Jackie going to Unvisited Island to gather more clues. Mary gets the Silver twilight lodge membership and Norman and Zoey exchange items. Zoey gets an Alien device from Norman and he gets mi-go braincase from Zoey. Since Wendy has enough clues to seal a gate, she decides to go through the gate in the Black Cave. On the Mythos phase a gate opens on Unvisited Island guarded by a Mi-Go. Jackie gets pulled through it.

turn 3 rd starts with Jackie discarding Dread Curse of Azatoth spell for 2 clues (thanks to Zoey’s visions card) that brings her to five clues. Norman swaps places with Migo and then goes to Another world together with Jackie. Mary gets delayed gathering more clues at the graveyard and Zoey gets cursed at the witch House.

Mythos opens a Gate at the Woods. The wraith swoops down on Sister Mary and 2 monsters are released on the East town streets.

On the 4 th turn Wendy and Norman seal their gates at black cave and unvisited island respectively. Mary evades the wraith in the Graveyard and Jackie gets hysterical in another world.

Gate opens in the graveyard on top of Sister Mary who ends up delayed in the Abyss. Norman gets two extra clues (thanks to press pass) .

On 5 th turn : Zoey discards her curse. Mary discards a 2-sanity cost spell in order to get 2 clue tokens via Zoey’s visions . Jacquie comes back to Arkham through a gate box and seals the gate at the Woods. Mythos shows a gate at the unvisited isle that is sealed, then no gate this turn, one deep one token added to Insmouth. 3 seals on the board only one gate open at the moment with Sister Mary exploring it. On 6 th turn : I send Norman to the Science building where there is a clue token .He gets two (press pass) and now he can seal another gate. Zoey kills a dimensional shambler roaming the merchant district streets. Jacqueline meets with Norman at the Science Building and gets his Press pass and some money. I decided for now not to exchange gate trophies. Norman and Zoey have enough clues to seal another gate and a closing victory could be possible. We’ll see. Mythos shows a gate at the Woods that is sealed. Another deep one token added . On 7 th turn Wendy gets her 3 rd madness card and she will likely get another one next turn due to her Claustrophofia/Agoraphobia. Jackie decides it is time to go to Dunwich for clues. Mary seals the graveyard. Wendy gets a curse on an encounter in the Historical society while gathering more clues

Mythos opens a gate to Abyss at the Order of Dagon guarded by a Dark Young

On the 8 th Turn : Wendy looses 1 sanity and ends up in the Asylum with another madness(4). Norman swaps places with Dark young and enters the Abyss. Mary visits the Inner Sanctum getting a Golden sword of Yha-talla and Zoey does some tourism in Arkham while Jackie explores the countryside in Dunwich. Mythos shows a gate at Independance square...mmm..I risk it...I cancel it with 2 clues from Jacqueline...and the next myhtos opens a gate at the black Cave that is sealed....Yes :-).. 3 rd deep one token added. Finally on the 9 th turn : Norman seals the gate at the Order achieving a victory by closing gates. Yeah! :-)

It was a strange game. I missed more action or maybe the variety of environments. It was always night. The “Day” never came. But I am glad I passed it….as It can really get out of control if you get a lot of monster surges. It was not my favorite scenario of the first segment, but not my least favorite either.

Finally now that I finish the first segment… I can get rid of Sister Mary J

Edited by eagermind

That's exactly what I thought after finishing Scenario 5 :laughter:

WELL DONE!!! First segment passed! Congrats :)

Poor Mary ;'D Nobody loves her, but she'll be back!

Poor Mary ;'D Nobody loves her, but she'll be back!

Aye, she's just this living nightmare... even when you kill her, sometimes, you can't have killed her forever...

So which ones were your favorite and least favorite scenario from the first segment?

My favorites were actually the second and third scenario....The Second one because it was tough and tense in a good way. I was so happy when I overcame the challenge...but I don't feel like playing it again soon.

The third one because it has funny mechanics and it is the one with the highest replayability. It might even be better with the forthcoming brand new herald Julia has promised us?! :-).

My least favorite is the 4th one....First I don't like Werewolves. Then I remember I was frustated sometimes while playing...due to some unfair game mechanics...and also I wasn't sure about how to proceed in some situations related to the scenario which were somehow in conflict with the Arkham horror rules. Basically Some grey zones that spoiled a little bit the game for me.

Anyway..no major complaints :-)

Well I have already chosen the investigators for 6th scenario: Joe, Marie, Roland, Michael and Jenny.

I have just read the scenario and I have a question.

If Michael gets poisoned, does he take 1 unpreventable stamina damage or not (due to his ability to reduce stamina loss by 1)? Thanks

The third one because it has funny mechanics and it is the one with the highest replayability. It might even be better with the forthcoming brand new herald Julia has promised us?! :-).

Coming soon, my friend, within the next eon, I promise

If Michael gets poisoned, does he take 1 unpreventable stamina damage or not (due to his ability to reduce stamina loss by 1)? Thanks

I'd say yes, he takes the damage even if it's Michael. I hope Avi won't be soft hearted and go with this :)

I'd say yes, he takes the damage even if it's Michael. I hope Avi won't be soft hearted and go with this :)

Me, soft hearted?! I'm vaguely offended ;'D

And yes, Michael can't prevent the damage.

My favorites were actually the second and third scenario....The Second one because it was tough and tense in a good way. I was so happy when I overcame the challenge...but I don't feel like playing it again soon.

My least favorite is the 4th one....First I don't like Werewolves. Then I remember I was frustated sometimes while playing...due to some unfair game mechanics...and also I wasn't sure about how to proceed in some situations related to the scenario which were somehow in conflict with the Arkham horror rules. Basically Some grey zones that spoiled a little bit the game for me.

Anyway..no major complaints :-)

Well I have already chosen the investigators for 6th scenario: Joe, Marie, Roland, Michael and Jenny.

Interesting :') Scenario 1 (in hard mode), 3, and 4 are my favorites of the first 5. Scenario two is my least favorite, makes me sweat too much while playing ;'D

I'm very curious to see this devious monstrosity you are devising :'D

I'm very curious to see this devious monstrosity you are devising :'D

I have many things to show you. In the dark.

Finally I could continue with the League. After long holidays, being quite sick and then extremely busy at work it was impossible to find a three hours window to play….but I have not given up J .

Well I completed the sixth scenario against Yig. My investigators were Marie Lambeau, Jenny , Roland Banks, Joe Diamond and Michael McGlenn.

It was not a difficult game. But with Yig starting with an extra doom token, It was a race against time to prevent him for awakening. Marie got some extra money from Michael and went to the magic Shop buying some nice spells and thus completed her story on turn 2. This slowed down Yig. Roland passed also his story and due to an encounter in the Science Building he could move the Woods gate anywhere, so he moved it to the Historical society making it easy to seal.

No cultists were drawn but another serpent people joined the other two sweeping the streets. Jenny got poisoned twice, but since she had plenty of money, she got treated twice at the hospital.

The dark cultist did not stand a chance; Marie nuked him with her spells on her way to the Historical society. The cursed relics rumor hit the table on turn 3. Jenny and Joe had bought a lot of crap at the Curiosity shop and they got rid of it to pass the rumor.

Apart from that nothing really dangerous happened. I sealed the last gate on turn 11, with Yig at 9 doomers, barely in time J .

It was fun…run to gather clues, dodge the serpent people, run again before time is over …I think without Marie, Yig would have awakened.

Monster trophies:

-Joe killed a Yithian and found a Haunting horror in the Graveyard.

- Michael killed a Shoggoth, Elder thing and Ghoul

And Marie the Dark Druid.

I think I cannot carry the Dark druid over to the next scenario, then I will take the Yithian, Haunting Horror, Shoggoth and Elder thing.

Well…I hope I can play next scenario on Saturday J .

Well done Eagermind! Indeed, Marie is a compulsory character with Yig in play :) Thanks for the report, and good luck with Scenario 7! Can't wait to hear how this goes!

Well done Eagermind! Indeed, Marie is a compulsory character with Yig in play :) Thanks for the report, and good luck with Scenario 7! Can't wait to hear how this goes!

Unofficially compulsory ;') a player is welcome to try the scenario without her.

Finally I could continue with the League. After long holidays, being quite sick and then extremely busy at work it was impossible to find a three hours window to play….but I have not given up J .

Well I completed the sixth scenario against Yig. My investigators were Marie Lambeau, Jenny , Roland Banks, Joe Diamond and Michael McGlenn.

It was not a difficult game. But with Yig starting with an extra doom token, It was a race against time to prevent him for awakening. Marie got some extra money from Michael and went to the magic Shop buying some nice spells and thus completed her story on turn 2. This slowed down Yig. Roland passed also his story and due to an encounter in the Science Building he could move the Woods gate anywhere, so he moved it to the Historical society making it easy to seal.

No cultists were drawn but another serpent people joined the other two sweeping the streets. Jenny got poisoned twice, but since she had plenty of money, she got treated twice at the hospital.

The dark cultist did not stand a chance; Marie nuked him with her spells on her way to the Historical society. The cursed relics rumor hit the table on turn 3. Jenny and Joe had bought a lot of crap at the Curiosity shop and they got rid of it to pass the rumor.

Apart from that nothing really dangerous happened. I sealed the last gate on turn 11, with Yig at 9 doomers, barely in time J .

It was fun…run to gather clues, dodge the serpent people, run again before time is over …I think without Marie, Yig would have awakened.

Monster trophies:

-Joe killed a Yithian and found a Haunting horror in the Graveyard.

- Michael killed a Shoggoth, Elder thing and Ghoul

And Marie the Dark Druid.

I think I cannot carry the Dark druid over to the next scenario, then I will take the Yithian, Haunting Horror, Shoggoth and Elder thing.

Well…I hope I can play next scenario on Saturday J .

So, you're back, hello again :') Glad (but not surprised) that the yig scenario wasn't too much for you to handle. Anyone who can manage scenario two can deal with most of the other scenarios without *too* much difficulty, if they put thought into them. Well, unless they deliberately understaff their investigations or choose to play on hard mode ;'D Gl with the next scenario. Or perhaps I should say, play skillfully!

7th Scenario completed J

Here is the report:

I played with Joe, Michael, Finn, Marie & Roland. I gave the 4 monster trophies from last scenario to Michael, this way he only needs one more to pass his PS.

First gate opens at Independence square with a Nightgaunt. On the first turn Finn thanks to his Powder of Ibn-ghazi and Endurance skill manages to kill the 1 st cultist who was hanging out in the downtown streets. Joe & Michael position themselves next to the other 2 street cultists charging their weapons and ready to shoot on the next turn. Marie with some money borrowed from Michael goes as usual to the Magic Shop and a weaponless Roland watches everything staying put for one turn in the Asylum. Gate opens at the Unvisited Island releasing an always dangerous Shan who goes to the sky and the Nightgaunt swoops down on Finn

On the 2 nd turn Michael dynamites the cultist in the Merchant district thanks to his Wrestle skill (rerolling 1’s) and this way he passes his PS getting one sanity back. At the same time Joe spending some clues gets rid of the other cultist at Rivertown streets. Finn kills the Nighgaunt and the streets are safe for Roland to start gathering clues. Marie buys her second spell and also passes her PS. A gate Opens at the Silver Twilight lodge and the Shan attacks poor Joe.

I decide for now to leave the remaining cultist at the train station and concentrate on getting clues. Michael recovers 3 clues from the science building and leaves the cultist corpse at the Science building for dissection in exchange for 2 clues. Joe dodges the Shan and ends up in the graveyard having a lucky encounter killing a vampire and being rewarded with a clue and…yes an Elder sign J . Marie starts collecting clues at the lower part of the board while Roland takes the two clues in The Unnamable. Finn exhausted after two fights recovers at the Asylum. A bursting gate opens at the Devil Reef bringing Insmouth to my attention.

On the 4 th turn Joe & Michael go through a gate, Roland gets his 5 th clue and passes his PS. Marie continues her clue gathering at the Woods. Finn decides to take a meal at Velma’s dinner since there is a clue there from the last Mythos, but he ends up with a Curse after Velma reads his bleak future on the tea leaves left in his cup L . Next gate opens at the Unnamable.

On turn 5 th Roland goes through a gate and Marie gets her 5 th clue at the witch house. Finn discouraged and cursed does not want to try his luck dodging a Shoggoth guarding the Science building and decides to go to the Curiosity shop loosing stamina/sanity freezing in the street waiting for the shop to open. No gates opens this time but 2 doomers. It is time for Marie to use her witch blood in the next turns.

From here on the path to victory was clear to me. After Joe, Michael, Roland and Marie seal their gates in the next turns and with no ways to get more clues in Arkham(next gate opened at the Science building), the investigators have to travel to the other boards. This way after a technical stop at the Asylum Michael kills the last cultist at the Train station and his Tommy gun falls apart due to the Rumour “Return to the old ways”. Anyway the road was opened for Joe to take the bus to Insmouth and find his way to The Esoteric Order to collect two clues. He gets tricked by the priests and is teletransported to Y’ha-nthlei, then on the next turn can dive through the gate at the devil Reef. Meanwhile Marie cinching her coat decides to patrol the streets of Arkham nuking the monsters who dare come close to her and thus clearing the path to Roland. At some point she runs out of steam and ends up in the Asylum with her max sanity/stamina reduced. And Finn…well he was a lost case L . Anyway Roland finally goes through the gate at the Woods and seals the last gate. 14 turn, 9 doomers victory by seals.

I carry the same monster trophies Michael did not spend from the last scenario: Hunting Horror, Shoggoth, Elder Thing and Yithian.

I did not draw any cultist and even though the skill sliders movement was a little bit annoying specially for investigators with low focus, I never felt I was threatened by Ithaqua and family.

As a side note I decided afterwards to round up my experience by playing the Ithaqua campaign on my recently purchased ElderSign: Omens for my Iphone. I tried with more or less the same investigators and I got butchered..without mercy…Well after all Ithaqua can be deadly sometimes J

Edited by eagermind

Well played Eagermind! Everybody was able to kill all the Cultist before the end of turn 2 (you saved the Train Station guys for later, but still, you managed to have a board you could walk through without too much problems), so that the game returned to a "normal" difficulty. It's so good reading these chronicles!

So, Ithaqua got his revenge, uh? :D Omens sounds like something really tough!

I did not draw any cultist and even though the skill sliders movement was a little bit annoying specially for investigators with low focus, I never felt I was threatened by Ithaqua and family.

;') You'll find it more of a challenge with the harder version. But, yeah, I felt like some of these scenarios were too easy in their regular mode. Part of the reason is I wanted to make sure people could beat them but wasn't willing to do enough playtesting to get the difficulty to the exact point I wanted it to be ideally (as long as I could do mental calculations that a scenario was beatable, I'd be okay with it). For the regular mode, I tried to make segment starting scenarios easier, and later scenarios harder. There were a few exceptions to this (like scenario 2).

Anyway, you should be able to get through the next few scenarios with minimal sweat :') I just hope you have fun doing it! (If you feel like it's too easy, subtract an investigator for a bit more challenge, remember, the game's not all about winning :'D it's about ENJOYING winning).

Anyway, you should be able to get through the next few scenarios with minimal sweat :') I just hope you have fun doing it! (If you feel like it's too easy, subtract an investigator for a bit more challenge, remember, the game's not all about winning :'D it's about ENJOYING winning).

Do not worry Avi. I had fun . It is always better an Ithaqua with some muscle than a normal Ithaqua :-).

I have decided for the next scenario to randomly draw the investigators from the segment pool (apart from mandatory Jenny who is in and Sister Mary who is out. No way I am going to play with her unless I am forced to do it) an see what happens.

Even though some scenarios are easier, I am enjoying the league....It is the whole experience that I like mostly :Apart from playing the scenarios, it is also to read the story, get to know new Heralds/AOs, deciding which investigators to play and in which order, items to carry over, to come with an strategy for each scenario, being curious about what is coming next...

Do not worry Avi. I had fun . It is always better an Ithaqua with some muscle than a normal Ithaqua :-).

I have decided for the next scenario to randomly draw the investigators from the segment pool (apart from mandatory Jenny who is in and Sister Mary who is out. No way I am going to play with her unless I am forced to do it) an see what happens.

Even though some scenarios are easier, I am enjoying the league....It is the whole experience that I like mostly :Apart from playing the scenarios, it is also to read the story, get to know new Heralds/AOs, deciding which investigators to play and in which order, items to carry over, to come with an strategy for each scenario, being curious about what is coming next...

Very cool! :'D Good luck! (You might want to pick your team for the last scenario in this segment though!)

Also ;') I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Edited by Avi_dreader

Scenario 8 completed. It was fun…. I played with Joe, Michael, Jenny, Roland & Finn. On the set up I did not get anything worth of mention, apart from Jenny who got the always useful press pass, and no extra weapons apart from fixed possessions. All 4 monster trophies from last scenario are in Michael’s possession.

Jenny starts with 2 corruptions (black creeping doom & black nightmarish visions). The first mythos card opens a gate at the Witch House releasing a Moon beast which moves to the French hill streets

. On Turn 1 Michael takes care of it with dynamite and this way he passes his PS. Joe rushes to the woods and as soon he picks up the two clues a gate opens on top of him :-I. Roland bumps into Erica Carlyle in Hibbs roadhouse and gets a retainer. Meanwhile Jenny & Finn decide to go shopping at the Curiosity shop but they only find mediocre stuff. On Mythos a monster surge occurs in the Witch house releasing some nasty monsters.

On turn 2 Roland goes to the the black cave to get another clue. It turns to be another luring trap when another gate opens on him waking up on another Time with only 4 clues :-(. Finn kills a maniac on the French Hill streets where Michael was and gives him the Understudy’s script who gives it to Jenny afterwards when they meet up at the curiosity shop This time they buy some fancy magic weapons. The mythos turns to be “The Endlessly Breeding” rumor moving all the monsters and activating Jenny corruptions. This way she gains 3 clues (thanks to press pass) and loses two sanity. 5 doomers already on turn 2. Now all monsters could move twice or four times in case of the Rat-things, but since only Joe or Roland has enough money left, I will have to wait to pass it.

On turn 3 Michael goes to Dunwich in order to gather clues there, Jenny reads the Understudy’s script and gets 3 more clues and tries her luck once more at the curiosity shop and this time she gets a precious Elder sign J . Finn does what he does best and sneaks the monsters in the streets ending up in the graveyard where he finds a clue. On the other world Joe meets the haunter of the dark who rewards him with 2 clues after draining some of his stamina. Mythos opens a gate at Independence square and the rat-thing due to some “Fires in the Night” environment moves to the Woods waiting patiently for Joe to come back from the other world on the next turn.

On turn 4 Finn kills a proto-shoggoth in northside streets getting pretty wounded, so Jenny has her path to independence square clear and this way she goes to Another time giving the elder sign to Finn. Jenny is allowed to come back to Arkham after a lucky encounter there. At the same time Roland gains 3 clue tokens also in another time and so he passes his PS. Joe seals the gate at the Woods and Michael continues gathering clues in Dunwich. Mythos opens a gate to the Dreamlands in Devil Reef. 7 doomers.

On turn 5 Joe faces the Rat-thing. He needs 5 successes in 9 dice…come on Joe you can do it!...he rolls only 3 successes..I decide to use his 2 clue tokens and yes the Rat-thing is defeated and goes back to the Unnamable..Yeah!. Finn evades a Flying polyp and enters the gate at the Witch House. Jenny & Roland seal their gates at Ind.Square and Black cave. Gate appears at Unnamable and Jenny’s corruptions get activated again make her loose two more sanity and gaining 3 clues.

On turn 6 Michael, Roland and Jenny continue to gather clues . Joes ends up insane after trying to beat a vampire in the Merchant district streets. Mythos opens a gate to Celeano at the Unvisited Isle with a Cultist-Rat-thing…Jenny gets two more corruptions and Michael gets a red one, which at the same time gets activated forcing him to get another green one.

Turn 7 : Roland has enough clues to seal a gate and taking advantage that there are two Celeano gates opened at this moment , he dives into the one at the Witch House and Finn comes out through the one at the Unvisited Isle. He seals the gate there with the Elder sign and gets insane. Joe gets his revenge on the vampire clearing the way to the River docks and gives money to Jenny so she can pay $10 and pass the annoying Rumor. the streets are somehow “safe” again and everybody gets a monster trophy. The next mythos is another rumour…ouch…the virulent disease... The rat-things corner Joe at the Merchant districts and two doom tokens are added to the doom track which goes to 10 doomers . There are only 4 seals and possible another one in two turns (Roland)… Time is running out. There are only two gates opened: one heavily guarded by two rat-things at the Unnamable and the other one at Devil’s Reef. Due to Ancient one’s ability and corruptions… Jenny & Michael get insane and end up at the Asylum together with Finn who fails his PS.

Turn 8 the two Rat-things take their revenge on Joe. He has no option of winning this time. He discards his gun and goes to the Asylum again with another madness card and a Corruption. Michael hijacks Jenny’s motorcycle and steals some money from Jenny/Finn in order to get to Devil’s Reef as soon as possible. The others try to go direction to the hospital in order to overcome the virulent disease. Michael reaches devil reef and goes to the Dreamlands where he founds some ghouls that show him a secret tunnel that brings him back to Arkham losing one sanity. That was luck. Mythos shows a gate to unvisited Isle which is sealed J .

On Turn 9 Michael & Roland sealed the 2 remaining gates at Witch House & Devil Reef.

10 doomers.Terror level 3.

Corruptions : Jenny 4 /Michael 2/ Joe 1. There were only 2 green corruptions left on the pile

Monster trophies : 15 monster trophies. I pass to next scenario- Moon beast, Hunting Horrror, Flying Polyp and Shoggoth.

I think this was my favorite (so far) scenario from this segment :-)

Edited by eagermind

Wow, that's a close call :) Poor Joe overwhelmed by the Rat Horde :D Well played my friend, the 7 doomers on turn 4 were quite scary! And glad you liked the Scenario :)

Another scenario bites the dust :') Personally, I like the first segment better than the second, in general. Although my feelings about it change a bit for hard mode, since some of the second segment stuff become more distinct.

Finally I got time to play Scenario 9

Michael, Marie, Roland,Jenny & Joe against the worms.

Starting items:

Michael: dynamite, Tommy gun, staff of pharaoh, +1 speed and 4 monster trophies

Marie: enchanted knife, voice of ra, call the storm, Markings of Isis and +1 Fight

Roland: Press pass , Camilla’s Ruby, Professor Armitage and Bravery

Jenny: Cross, Calvary Saber, Key of Tawil, Call of Azure flame and Stealth

Joe: 45 automatic, dynamite , whiskey and +1 sneak

First mythos opens a gate at the Witch House releasing a Cthonian.

1 st Turn : Jenny goes shopping to Curiosity shop getting a Yithian rifle and Marie to the Magic shop and buys an Astral travel. I think Joe is the best fitted to deal with the elusive cultists since he has the highest sneak , so he goes ahead and disposes of the first one at the Rivertown streets. Roland gets two clues at the Black Cave + one extra (Press pass) and passes his PS and is ready to go to through a gate. Michael gets clue at Historical society. Mythos: Gate at Order of Dagon. The Cthonian moves and everybody lose 2 stamina.

2 nd Turn : Marie passes her PS after buying a pyrotechnic spell, Jenny continues shopping buying another magical weapon. Roland evades the Cthonian and goes to Yuggoth where he gets delayed. Michael continues gathering clues and Joe gets rid of the cultist at the French hill streets and dynamites the Cthonian using some of his clues. Mythos: Noden’s Favor- Monster surge at the WitchHouse. The River docks are demolished. No cultist or Cthonians/Lloigors this time, but a Yithian and a Fire vampire move to the French hill streets with Joe.

3 rd Turn : Jenny meets Anna Kaslow at Independence Sq. who joins her investigation. Joe evades both Fire Vampire& Yithian and goes to Miskatonic to kill the 3 rd cultist using his last clue. Afterwards he has an exhibit encounter getting and useful Mask of the Messenger increasing the terror level at the same time. Michael kills both Yithian&Fire Vampire and passes his PS. Marie gets the clue in the Science building. Mythos: Another Monsters surge this time at Esoteric order of Dagon. The Administration building crumbles to dust . 2 Lloigors emerge at the Order of dagon and they move. But fortunately nobody gets injured. The rails are washed out due to so much earth shaking and nobody can’t travel out of Arkham by train.

4 th Turn : Jenny tips some bartenders in Hibbs Roadhouse and gets some more clues bringing her up to 6. Marie gathers her 4 th clue at the Unamable. Joe puts his Mask of the messenger to sneak past the last cultist and stabs him in the heart…so no more cultists for now. Michael kills the byakhee who was at the French hill streets. Mythos: Gate to the Dreamlands at the Woods. All is quiet in Arkham and everybody test if they are lucky and this way Joe, Jenny and Roland get blessed J .

5 th Turn : Joe goes to Curiosity shop and buys a Silver Key. Michael gets another clue at Historical society. Roland seals the gate at the witch House. Then Jenny discards her key of Tawil to travel to the first area of Another Dimension. At the same time Marie casts Astral travel and appears at the first area of the dreamlands. Mythos: Gate at the Unnamable. A yithian goes through a vortex in Insmouth adding a deep one token and terror track goes from one to two.

6 th Turn : The rails are still damaged, so people are still stuck in Arkham. A weaponless Roland evades a Tcho-tcho and Dark young at the Witch House waiting for a blessed Joe to deal with them. Joe gives then the Silver key to Roland. He kills the tcho-tcho and gets rewarded with a carbine rifle which he uses to easily defeat the Dark Young. Michael goes to the Science building and exchanges some monster trophies for 2 clues that bring him to 5 clues. Meanwhile the female team continues exploring other worlds. Mythos: Another monster surge this time at the Unnamable. An earthquake destroys The newspaper and some tough monsters appear at the Unnamable.

7 th Turn : Jenny & Marie seal gates at the Order of Dagon & Woods respectively and the Lloigors are removed from the board. Roland goes to the graveyard and he finds a lantern and some clues. Joe and Michael team up and kill 3 monsters at the Merchant district streets. Mythos: Another monster surge at the Unnamable which is actually the only open gate. Velma’s dinner explodes with Velma inside. 5 monsters (a Cthonian between them) joining the other 2 there. 7 monsters guarding the Unnamable and Three of them move to the Merchant district streets threatening Michael and Joe. Finally the environment is replaced and travel between towns is functioning again. Gates cannot be sealed due to the new environment.

8 th Turn : Joe goes first and tries to clear the merchant district streets, but he is so fatigued and strained from the last combats that his will cannot take it anymore and gets insane. So it is up to Michael which unfortunately cannot kill/evade 7 monsters in order to get through the gate at the Unnamable. So he stays at the merchant districts and kills the 3 monsters there. One of them is Barnabas Marsh so one doom token is removed. There are only 3 doomers on turn 8… totally opposite as my last game. Roland loses his blessing and goes to the black cave to collect clues. He has 6 now. Jenny manages to kill two Dark young at the Order of Dagon and she is rewarded with two clues from the priests. Mary is not that lucky and the Dark young nearly eats her at the woods and she is sent to the hospital. Mythos: Gate at the Unvisited Isle. The environment is replaced by another one- Dark young gets extra toughness. A skeleton emerges from the gate at the Unvisited isle and moves towards Michael.

9 th Turn : Joe&Jenny are still blessed. Jenny goes to Bus station in Insmmouth and deals with the Deep one there. Joe this time cannot fail. He rushes to the merchant district and shoots the skeleton, then Michael can go through the gate at Unvisited Isle (better than The Unnamable which is guarded by 4 tough monsters). Roland goes to Asylum to get some sanity back. Marie goes to Science building and exchanges her gate trophy for two clues bringing her to 5. Mythos: Gate at Independence Sq. The Cthonian at the Unnamable finally moves together with a Dark cultist and poor Joe is surrounded again and his stamina drops to dangerous levels. Jenny gets caught by the earth shaking and wakes up in the hospital with an Injury.

10 th Turn : Joe miraculously kills both the Cthonian& Dark druid at the Merchant district. Marie passes Joe by and gets his crystal of elder things and goes to Unnamable. She conjures a powerful storm and unleashes all her raw power at the Unnamable without giving any chance to the Shoggoth & gnoph-kehn guarding the gate. She is down to 1 stamina but there is not time to lose; she gets through the gate to Celeano. Roland evades a Colour out of space in Independence Sq. and gets through the gate to Another time. So now there are 3 investigators in the other worlds. Hopefully they can seal 3 gates in two turns. Mythos: Another monster surge at the Unnamable…seriously?!… the Library and its profane books are destroyed by an earthquake. Another Cthonian emerges at the Unamable but it does not move this time, but a Shoggoth and a Proto-Shoggoth do and poor Joe is in deep **** again.

11 th Turn : Michael fails his check to seal the Unvisited Isle. Jenny comes to rescue Joe and nukes the Shoggoth family, then Joe can go to the South church to bless Marie who is still in the other world as it is Roland. Mythos: Another monster surge at the Unnamable….What the hell?! The earth starts shaking again. Joe grabs Father Michael by the arm trying to save him but a huge cross falls from the ceiling crushing him. As the South church starts collapsing, Joe rushes through the main door and barely makes it alive. Well there is only one rubble token left. There are 2 cultist among the monster that surged but they do not move. The cthonian at the Unnamable also stays put. Only a monster moving which is a another Shoggoth for Jenny.

12 th Turn : Jenny, the Shoggoth whacker kills another Shoggoth with her collection of magical weapons. Then Michael, Roland and Marie seal the 3 remaining gates…achieving a victory by seals. Worth noting it is at the same time a victory by closing gates , since there are no gates left open and investigators have all together 5 gate trophies J .

5 doomers (6 monster surges – 4 of them at the Unnamable).

Terror track : 2

Monster trophies : 17 . I keep Moonbeast, Shoggoth, Gug & Flying Polyp.

Edited by eagermind

Man, 6 monster surges is crazy! You've been so close to losing by Earthquake (thematically great, but still, probably not so exciting from your PoV)! Happy you passed the Scenario (not so difficult, right?)! Great monster trophies to carry over :)

Liked the double Lloigor at Dagon's :)

Good luck with the next one :)