NYC Thronestoberfest: 10/12

By Vaapad, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Oh man, GenCon is over. Worlds isn’t until November. How am I going to fill this lull?

Answer: Come to New York.

On October 12th, the NYC Meta will be hosting the first annual “Thronestoberfest” tournament. Whether you want another crack at a regional-caliber tournament, need to prep for Worlds, or just plain want to have fun, this is the event for you. Our June 29th regional drew 24 participants from along the eastern seaboard, and we hope to match or exceed that in October. More details will follow in the coming weeks, but for out-of-town folks who may want to travel in, here is the basic info:

Date: October 12th, 2013

Time: 10:00 a.m. registration, play to start at 10:30 SHARP

Place: The Compleat Strategist, 11 East 33rd Street, New York NY

Cost: $10 entry fee

Prizes: The top two will receive champ and 2nd place trophies, and the champion will also get a unique 1-of-a-kind custom playmat. 3 and 4 will so get something special, and let's not forget our Sansa! On top of that, we'll be raffling off all kinds of goodies (including an alt art Dany #Danigral). You don't have to buy raffle tickets - everyone will get a ticket or two just for showing up, and we may give more out as the day progresses.

Please RSVP or send questions to directly to me: dstromes(at)gmail.com

Edited by Vaapad

NYC throws the best events. In!

email me if morgan and i can crash plz. anyone who id crash with already has my email.

just joust? no melee ;(

just joust? no melee ;(

Just joust on Saturday. We typically do casual melee the night before. Because this is, for some people at least, a 3-day weekend in the US (Monday 10/14 is Columbus Day), we can do an actual melee tournament on Sunday if there is interest. But, at the very least, there will be casual melee at some point during the weekend.

Imagine how awesome this could be... then multiply that by the number of people named Walder Frey. That is how neat Thronestoberfest will be.

See you there!

Hooray! I love Thrones! I love NYC! I love Thronestoberfest!

I assume that I (and my +1) will be there in time for some kind of get together Friday night, so I hope there's some interest there. Unfortunately we'll have to head out early Sunday morning. I don't want to discourage a Sunday secondary tournament, but if there is one hopefully it is not exclusive to some casual gaming or "friendly" melee Friday night.

We'll do our now-typical Friday night affair regardless of what ends up happening Sunday.

Do we have to sign up for this or do we just show up?

Edited by Venters

OP says please rsvp.....

I'd appreciate an email in advance to the address in the OP, just so I can plan/ keep track. Need to make sure to have enough tables, prizes, etc.

OP says please rsvp.....

whoops missed that little tidbit my bad

I'd appreciate an email in advance to the address in the OP, just so I can plan/ keep track. Need to make sure to have enough tables, prizes, etc.

How much time before the event would you need/want a reply? Its myself and 2 or 3 friends who just got into this game recently so I'm trying to convience them to come out for this to event but of course there is a bit of scheduling involved with my friends.

As much as you can give, but we'd never turn anyone away. I'd say a month out, let me know what you're thinking, even if still unsure.

Where are you guys from?

oh we're actually out here in queens

oh we're actually out here in queens

Ah, sweet. We meet to play every Thursday night in manhattan. Check out our website, join the group, and come by some Thursday night! www.meetup.com/nycards

Count me in. Not expecting to accomplish much competitively, but it should be fun to see friends old and new.

Any updates here? RSVP count? Cost? Prize support? Also Morgan and I are still looking for hosts in manhattan or close to the cafe. Msg me if you have space please.

I'm guessing a little, but we're currently around 12-15 I think. Entry will be no more than $10. I'll post more about prizes once I finalize them, but there will be some customized unique gear, as always.

Less than a month away, and we're looking at 16+ players as of now! Keep the RSVP's coming!

I hear some Canadians maybe coming down...some of the Montreal guys have a car pool in the works and a ottawa boy may join them we will see.

Awesome! Yeah Philippe emailed me with some logistical questions. I hope it works out, would be great to have Canada represented!

Details added to OP. As always, hit me with questions, and RSVP if you haven't!

Btw, the trophies are different/special. If you get one, it's guaranteed to be the best trophy you ever got!

Tell them there's hockey!!!!

I'm going to get mauled now when there's not hockey aren't I? Or for stereo-typing them, eh?

I'll make sure to have my running shoes on tournament weekend. >.>

I'm super excited for this.

This time, maybe we should reserve tables across the street ahead of time... or, I could introduce darknoj to the wonder that is the nyc pickleback shot.

I'm super excited for this.

This time, maybe we should reserve tables across the street ahead of time... or, I could introduce darknoj to the wonder that is the nyc pickleback shot.

Or you could, ya know, not go there for the 30 min lunch :)