Trying to find out for us who dont have it...

By Drathen, in General Discussion

I emailed Mark Larson and this is what he advised me:

"Don't worry - we anticipate to have it available on our webstore soon! We are currently working on a few final details on our end before it will be available for purchase directly from us - check back in the next few weeks for more updates."

So I emailed him back and waiitng to hear....I will post more info when I can get it.

I just wanted to get some solid info for us is all. :)

A few weeks, eh? I might as well proceed with my purchase of extra dice and Beyond the Rim .

Yeah, I asked for more clarity on the " few weeks" part. hope to hear back today

Wow, few weeks, that's nuts. Seriously cuts into the playtest window.

T

Might explain why they extended the feedback time to November.

FEW WEEKS!?!

Doesn't Mark Larson know how excited I am! I cant wait a few weeks!

And in the non sarcastic voice: why was it available at GENCON if it's not ready yet? Ask Mark that!

A few weeks sucks! It's an a.ss long time! And its not cursing if you're speaking of a donkey!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Edited by Desslok

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

surely you meant

shut_up_and_take_my_credits_by_general_g

Edited by Poseur

o9sdi.jpg

Get it out on the web store already!

Just saying...if I see a buy out for 80 on ebay....ill buy it! stop this bidding **** lol...cash money now ;)

I'm half tempted to put my copy up on eBay $100 (when it arrives) just to see if it sells at that price, but . . . nah. Then I wouldn't have a copy. :)

Edited by fjw70

I'm half tempted to put my copy up on eBay $100 (when it arrives) just to see if it sells at that price, but . . . nah. Then I wouldn't have a copy. :)

If you buy it on ebay for more than face price the terrorists win.

But wait. If the Empire is in power, then the "terrorists" are in actuality the Rebels! I want them to win, don't you?

-EF

But wait. If the Empire is in power, then the "terrorists" are in actuality the Rebels! I want them to win, don't you?

-EF

False.

The rebels are freedom fighters in their own galaxy.

Meanwhile terrorists are funding anti-western attacks by buying up all of the collectables, and pre-release limited edition items they can get heir hands on and selling them on Ebay! And yes I know its true because Sean Hanity told me this is why comic con is evil!

I am sure the details have to do with retailers and making sure they have them before FFG puts the book on their website...

...Oh heck...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY CREDITS ALREADY!!!!!!

This is Jay Little's revenge when he found out I roll dice worse then him. I know it! ;)

I thought they were only selling it in their online store, and not bothering with retailers this time?

Edited by Split Light

I thought they were only selling it in their online store, and not bothering with retailers this time?

I figure that people which are more likely to contribute to the beta testing, sending feedback this way, are the ones who bought the book in the online store, if only because they are the ones who are already here, part of this community (barring a few who got the book at Gen Con).

Edited by OB-1

I keep hitting 'refresh' on my browser and it still is not available for sale. I'm getting carpal tunnel on my finger...

I just kind of wish they would put it out on PDF for I don’t know… free to test or just a cheaper than 30 bones copy. And before people jump down my throat, yes I know about the fact they can’t put PDF's out for some legal reason and I realize if they just gave the whole thing away for free less people would buy the finished book. I am however not one of those people. I might of read edge of the empire via the help of a friend but the moment the book came out for real with all that lovely art and this fantastic system my wallet was out and I was in line at the bookstore chomping at the bit every time it was delayed to lay my money down.

Same can be said for this book, I hope a friend will help me out in reading the beta again because I want the real book but I also want to offer feedback this time around as I have a full game running at my table with the edge of the empire system. I am just not made of money and thus want my full lovely book with all that wonderful art when it’s finally done. But alas I may actually shell the money out for my love of this system is great.

I just kind of wish they would put it out on PDF for I don’t know… free to test or just a cheaper than 30 bones copy. And before people jump down my throat, yes I know about the fact they can’t put PDF's out for some legal reason and I realize if they just gave the whole thing away for free less people would buy the finished book. I am however not one of those people. I might of read edge of the empire via the help of a friend but the moment the book came out for real with all that lovely art and this fantastic system my wallet was out and I was in line at the bookstore chomping at the bit every time it was delayed to lay my money down.

Same can be said for this book, I hope a friend will help me out in reading the beta again because I want the real book but I also want to offer feedback this time around as I have a full game running at my table with the edge of the empire system. I am just not made of money and thus want my full lovely book with all that wonderful art when it’s finally done. But alas I may actually shell the money out for my love of this system is great.

I hope one of your IRL friends buys the book then, so you can read it. It'd be bad if you had to break the law just to get the book without paying for it.

All three of the books in this system already have my money when they come out. Just like I’ve already bought an extra set of the game dice to go with the starting game box and the GM screen with the full version of edge of the empire I have sitting next to my desk right now as I type this post. So I have no real intention of breaking any laws.

What is a shame is FFG charging us twice for the same content just so you can help them beta test it. I love this system, its been a breath of fresh air in my RPG life that I have fallen in love with. That doesn't mean I like paying 30 now and then another 40 to 60 later down the line. Personally if you buy the Beta book you should get a discount on the full retail but that’s just my two cents because I actually DO want to test the new content with my gaming group currently.

And yes I do realize the price they are charging is probably covering mostly the publishing and paper / ink cost of the book but I am fairly confident in thinking that they could charge less than 30.

Heck just strip out the formatting and whatever little art the beta book might have in it and just printed it on a paper in black and white text, they could do it for cheaper to get the rules out to us for play testing.

Edited by Davrix

Is this confirmed anywhere?

Heck just strip out the formatting and whatever little art the beta book might have in it and just printed it on a paper in black and white text, they could do it for cheaper to get the rules out to us for play testing.

I'm willing to bet the playtest groups listed in the beta book received something similar to that, maybe even a straight up Word document or the like, as the draft or alpha version. Game companies aren't going to waste resources making a pretty draft for the early playtesters and editors to review. At least the ones I've worked with, anyway. Writers, developers, front line playtesters, and editors worked off Word documents and then the manuscripts went into production for all the bells and whistles. I imagine FFG does something similar.

Is this confirmed anywhere?

On the info page for AoR it reads that the book will be available through the online store and selected retailers.

Now who those selected retailers are I have no clue...