Have the book!!!

By fjw70, in General Discussion

How does walker combat work? AT-AT and AT-ST are my favorite Star Wars modes of transport!

The same as any other vehicle I would suppose. What are you looking for to be different from a game mechanics standpoint?

I was wondering if they used any personal scale weapons or had any extra optional rules sidebars on handling them. "Maximum Firepower" rules or anything crunchy.

Whats the Silhouette of an Imperial Star Destroyer I did guess at 7 or 8

ISD 8; also MC80 and VSD. Praetor II is 9 Silhouette.

I have four questions,

1) About how many of the talents are new for this book?

2) How do the specializations work with Edge of the Empire?

3) Do all the ranked talents continue ranking?

4) How do they handle batteries? or are they just minion groups as expected

Some of these are answered in the "what we know so far" thread.

1) There are 25-30 new talents, and less than 10 that appear in EotE but not AoR. We haven't gotten a list, but apparently many of them are similar in type (eg, adding boost, removing setback) to the AoR talents.

2) Specs work the same as in EotE. There are 6 careers with 3 specs each, plus Force Sensitive Emergent. 4 of the specs from EotE (Slicer, Scout, Pilot, and Mechanic) appear in NEW careers. So someone who wants to be a pilot could be a Smuggler/Pilot or an Ace/Pilot. The career skills from the main career different, but apparently the specs are exactly the same.

3) There has been nothing to indicate any change in how talents (in general or specific) work, so I think the answer is yes.

4) I don't think this has been raised yet.

Enjoy!

and what vehicles to?

at-at and at-st

What are the species rules for Gran, Ithorians, and Mon Calamari?

What are the Career Skills for the Engineer (so I can combine with Mechanic to possibly respec our Technician: Mechanic)?

Gran 2,2,2,1,2,3. 9+, 9+, 100 xp one rank Neg or charm, remove up to 2 setback dice from perception or ranged attacks from environment

hammerheads 2,1,2,2,3,2. 9+, 12+, 90xp. one rank survival, sonic attack bellow (pretty nasty really)

mon cal 2,2,3,1,2,2. 10+, 10+, 100xp. one rank Kno.(Edu), amphibious

engineer

Athletics, Computers, Kno(edu), Mechanics, Perception, Pilot(space), Ranged(light), Vigilance

Mechanic same

Saboteur Coordination, Mechanics, Skulduggery,Stealth (some very cool talents)

Scientist Computers, Kno(edu), Kno(lore), Medicine

A technician/ mechanic redone as a engineer/mechanic that bought into saboteur would be pretty cool.

And get the cheaper rate for 2nd spec.

"Hammerheads."

Don't mind me, just gonna reach my hand over, and, oh, my apologies, I didn't mean to shoot you in the back.

Anyways, what about our dear friends from Sullust?

Anyways, what about our dear friends from Sullust?

2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 2; wound 10+b, strain 10+w, 100 xp, 1 rank Astrogation, 1 rank Skilled Jockey

Your question isn't clear. Clarify and I'll try to answer.

Your question isn't clear. Clarify and I'll try to answer.

They are handled as suggested in the EoTE book groups of guns as minions.

T

Anyone mind posting the four specialization skills for the Driver? I'm pretty excited for Enter the Unknown and the Driver was exactly the kind of specialization I was looking to play before announced. Thanks!

Just something that occured to me.... Shouldn't the BTL-Y Wings have proton bombs as armaments?

Anyone mind posting the four specialization skills for the Driver? I'm pretty excited for Enter the Unknown and the Driver was exactly the kind of specialization I was looking to play before announced. Thanks!

Cool, Gunnery, Mechanics, Piloting (Planetary)

Just something that occured to me.... Shouldn't the BTL-Y Wings have proton bombs as armaments?

I'm guessing that the FFG SWRPG rule is to just go with the most common/standard armaments, and in this case there's not as many sources that have them carrying proton bombs besides the video games.

I'm guessing that the FFG SWRPG rule is to just go with the most common/standard armaments, and in this case there's not as many sources that have them carrying proton bombs besides the video games.

Yeah, most times a Y-Wing is listed as carrying proton torpedoes. Which I guess could be relabeled as "proton bombs" if need be, though still using the same game mechanics as the torpedoes.

It could also be that some sources were using "proton bombs" and "proton torpedoes" interchangably since the difference didn't mean much to them for the writer's purposes (that is, that they were just bomber-carried munitions as far as the writer needed).

So how does Duty work in relation to Obligation? If I brought an EOTE character over into an AOR campaign, for example, would he begin to acquire Duty from the base of 0? What if an AOR soldier left with the smuggler's crew - would he attain Obligation?

From GSA's review, apparently there are no such "Duty a , but the reviewer's got a suggestion:

One element that was (understandably) missing was suggestions on how to incorporate both characters from both Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion into a single group, particularly when it comes to combining Obligation and Duty into the same group. My general thought on the matter is that rather than rolling each separately to see which triggers, just put them all in the same chart, highest to lowest, and whichever one is rolled is what triggers, be it a penalty to Strain Threshold from the Smuggler/Pilot’s Debt Obligation or a bonus to Wound Threshold from the Soldier/Sharpshooter’s Sabotage Duty. Given how comparable the new species and careers are to those found in EotE, that part won’t be a problem, though there might be a slight edge for those PCs that make use of Obligation since they can gain extra starting XP or credits that an AoR PC won’t have access to. But, since buying up your Obligation makes it more likely to trigger, I believe it ultimately balances out. Hopefully this will be something that is addressed, either during the Beta period or in the final version of the rules in 2014.

You can look here for the Duties in question.

So how does Duty work in relation to Obligation? If I brought an EOTE character over into an AOR campaign, for example, would he begin to acquire Duty from the base of 0? What if an AOR soldier left with the smuggler's crew - would he attain Obligation?

For the EotE character, if he did indeed join up with the Rebellion (much like Han and Lando did), then they'd select a type of Duty and could start accruing points, starting from a base of zero just the same as any other fresh recruit would. If the PC were to join an existing AoR group that's already earned themselves a Contribution Rank or two, then they'd have a bit more respect since a group of established Alliance members are effectively vouching for this guy (kinda like how Luke and Han weren't just laughed out because they had Princess Leia vouching for them), but that's a roleplaying thing rather than something reflected in the game mechanics. Luke grabbed a Space Superiority Duty, while Han took a good deal longer to "come around" as he still had his Debt Obligation to Jabba to deal with.

For the AoR character, he'd only attain an Obligation if he willingly sought it out or accepted it in exchange for something else. Just because he joins up with an EotE smuggler crew doesn't mean he suddenly gets hit with an Obligation out of the blue. But he could later accept an Obligation during the game, though whether he's stuck with the "minimum 5 Obligation" after accepting that initial Obligation is a matter that's currently in the hands of the individual GM to decide.

Now, if you're building an AoR character to join a bunch of EotE characters that are also just starting out, the GM has a couple options open to them. The first is to just let the AoR PC select a Duty and carry on as normal. The second is to allow the AoR PC to still have a staring Duty, but to also take extra Obligation at the start, up to the maximum that the EotE characters can take. The third is to replace the AoR PC's Duty (particularly if they're NOT a part of the Rebel Alliance) and assign them a default Obligation the same as any other EotE PC. Personally, I like the second option the best, but which one works best for your group depends on the players involved.

Thanks for the help, guys. :)

Are there any new force trees other than sense, move, and influence from EOTE. My wife plays a force sensitive in our game, but wishes that technopathy was a force talent cause she is our mechanic and she is a big anakin solo fan

no one here have a problem with paying 30 bucks for a unfinished game?

nope. Far more annoyed that FFG wont take my money than the game is unfinished. I know what I am buying, so it is my choice.

I didn't the first time around. And for those that do, they have the choice of not purchasing it. Pretty simple solution.

Not so much an unfinished game (the book as everything you need to run a game), but more willing to contribute ideas and suggestions as well as get an early look at the material at half the cost, trading the money for the notion that our input helped shape and improve the game, even if we don't get specific mention.

Like mouthymerc said, if you don't agree with the idea, then don't buy the book.

This same argument came up during the EotE Beta, when the game was in a far greater state of potential flux. People scrambled like crazy to get copies of the EotE Beta given how quickly it sold out, paying upwards of twice the cover price, or about the same amount of money they'd pay for the final version, even after the Beta feedback period closed. *shrug* Some folks are just funny like that.

Not so much an unfinished game (the book as everything you need to run a game), but more willing to contribute ideas and suggestions as well as get an early look at the material at half the cost, trading the money for the notion that our input helped shape and improve the game , even if we don't get specific mention.

This right here is what's being paid for in buying the beta book.