Have the book!!!

By fjw70, in General Discussion

Ace, Commander, Diplomat, Engineer, Soldier, Spy

T

Yes, a rundown on the Duros please, they're my favorite species. And a brief armory list would be great, I'm wondering if anything is new, although I expect not.

Have the book as well

Duros 1,2,3,2,2,2, free rank in pilot(space) and a free advantage on any astrogation checks

WT 11+brawn ST 10+will 100XP

Armory is 99.9% same didn't notice anything new

T

Thank you.

Khaine you may not want to give out the stats as it is something for people to buy the beta book and main book when it finally does become available.

Khaine you may not want to give out the stats as it is something for people to buy the beta book and main book when it finally does become available.

If FFG did not want this info posted then they can stop it. FFG seems pretty lenient about stuff like this being posted.

If FFG did not want this info posted then they can stop it. FFG seems pretty lenient about stuff like this being posted.

They've asked people to take things down in the past, so it's just people being safe.

Its different to give names like X-Wing is an available ship for use, or such and such is a nemesis. Or talking about if Armor rating of X is too much for this ship compared to this one due to lore, etc.

Are there any Silouette 4 (or maybe 5) starships that are within the 120,000 credit price ceiling for an EotE group's starting ship?

No there isn't HappyDaze

How does walker combat work? AT-AT and AT-ST are my favorite Star Wars modes of transport!

How does walker combat work? AT-AT and AT-ST are my favorite Star Wars modes of transport!

The same as any other vehicle I would suppose. What are you looking for to be different from a game mechanics standpoint?

Exactly like it does in EotE.

Are there any Silouette 4 (or maybe 5) starships that are within the 120,000 credit price ceiling for an EotE group's starting ship?

The GSA "first look" specifically mentions the option of having (½ the party size rounded up) two-seater Y-wings (the one in EotE is the BTL-S3 variant with the light ion cannons being gunner-controlled and with Fire Arc All), although a single one costs 80,000 credits (Rarity 4) in EotE, or taking a Lambda -class despite its EotE cost being 140,000 (as well as illegal and Rarity 6).

Edited by Chortles

The GSA "first look" specifically mentions the option of having (½ the party size rounded up) two-seater Y-wings (the one in EotE is the BTL-S3 variant with the light ion cannons being gunner-controlled and with Fire Arc All), although a single one costs 80,000 credits (Rarity 4) in EotE, or taking a Lambda -class despite its EotE cost being 140,000 (as well as illegal and Rarity 6).

Yes, I have heard that. I was curious if there were any ships I could poach for EotE.

I think i see where your goin, but your kinda outa luck. There are a couple but they're a lot more expensive like the YV-929 Armed transport is Sil. 4 but it runs 380,000, and the Gozanti armed transport is Sil. 5 but 200,000. Most of the ships in AoR are fighters or Sil 6+.

T

I think i see where your goin, but your kinda outa luck. There are a couple but they're a lot more expensive like the YV-929 Armed transport is Sil. 4 but it runs 380,000, and the Gozanti armed transport is Sil. 5 but 200,000. Most of the ships in AoR are fighters or Sil 6+.

T

Does the YV-929 mount turbolasers (as Wookieepedia indicates it once did) or does it follow the EotE size restriction that turbolasers require Sil 5 (and thus replaces them with something like heavy laser cannons)?

T

Does the YV-929 mount turbolasers (as Wookieepedia indicates it once did) or does it follow the EotE size restriction that turbolasers require Sil 5 (and thus replaces them with something like heavy laser cannons)?

blasters and ions plus rear concussion missiles

T

T

Looking at the original stats in Star War Gamer #2, the so-called "turbolasers" were simply renamed heavy laser cannons, as they have the x2 damage multiplier rather than the x5 that actual turbolasers (like the ones on the YZ-775) get.

Which makes sense, as the YV-929 is smaller than the YT-2400, which itself isn't as big as the YT-1300.

Awww.... no tailors ?

Yes, I have heard that. I was curious if there were any ships I could poach for EotE.

They seem to be taking a pretty careful approach to avoid making this a "players need all 3 Core books to have all their party options, even if the game is only one type" situation. So, while having the extra ships and adversaries are handy for the GM, the additional core books don't offer new player options outside the game type, really. So all the ships suited to squadron combat groups or commando insertion go into AoR, and all the starter freighters go into EotE.

Which makes a lot of sense, to me, given that it mitigates the complaints that "I don't like buying duplicate rules" and whatnot. Only the GM "has to," and even then, he can easily skip it if he doesn't feel like he needs something to treat as a bestiary supplement.

Awww.... no tailors ?

No tinkers, either.

Edited by kaffis

Awww.... no tailors ?

I was thinking exactly the same thing :P

Edited by MILLANDSON

oooh.. I want to play as am Imperial Cadet and work my way up the ranks to the Elite squadron.

Knowing the disadvantages of the Death Stars.. I'll take my chances flying off another platform (gulp!).

lol

T

Looking at the original stats in Star War Gamer #2, the so-called "turbolasers" were simply renamed heavy laser cannons, as they have the x2 damage multiplier rather than the x5 that actual turbolasers (like the ones on the YZ-775) get.

Which makes sense, as the YV-929 is smaller than the YT-2400, which itself isn't as big as the YT-1300.

Now, what would the effect be on making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs? :)

oooh.. I want to play as am Imperial Cadet and work my way up the ranks to the Elite squadron.Knowing the disadvantages of the Death Stars.. I'll take my chances flying off another platform (gulp!).lol

Hah, the average Tie pilot has a longer life expectancy than someone crewong a Death Star.

oooh.. I want to play as am Imperial Cadet and work my way up the ranks to the Elite squadron.Knowing the disadvantages of the Death Stars.. I'll take my chances flying off another platform (gulp!).lol

Hah, the average Tie pilot has a longer life expectancy than someone crewong a Death Star.

In combat anyway... though the non -average TIE pilot apparently had a tendency to be frighteningly good, so went the philosophy of some (as opposed to the official doctrine of "you are a cog in the machine").

Seriously, the Imperial Sourcebooks from WEG were awesome for this stuff and a great resource if you're willing to disregard subsequent retcons of its material and willing to pick/choose just which resources you treat as "your canon", i.e. just how the Rebel starfighters stacked up against the TIEs, since of course the sourcebooks and media could and would be biased depending on which writer was involved...

(For example, if I'm running an AoR game, then the X-wing's famous reputation will owe more to its most high-profile pilots' prowess than its own innate qualities... and you'll be more likely to see Y-wings. :P )

Edited by Chortles