BGotW Rules question

By TatteredKing2, in Reference Materials

Just got BGotW. Looks like a lot of fun, but I had a question. There are 16 green and 16 red corruption cards. The rukles state to take the eight green corruption cards, shuffle them and put them on top of the eight red corruption cards. SHould this be 16 green on top od 16 red or should the players select eight at random from each deck and create the corruption deck from there?

This is in no way official but the wording has the smell of a typo. I assume that if the corruption deck was meant to be reduced to 8 red and 8 green then the rules would state that a bit more explicitly as it would have such a major influence on the game, particularly in games with a lot of investigators. Considering gameplay balance 8 of each just seems too few to me.

I've always gone with 16 of each and from the discussions in the league forums regarding balancing banked clues and corruption cards in the third scenario it seems like other people more experienced than myself are doing the same.

I could easily be wrong (what do I know?), so some official clarification would be nice.

If you download the BGotW rulesheet from this site (Catalog ->), you'll note 16+16.

Dam said:

If you download the BGotW rulesheet from this site (Catalog ->), you'll note 16+16.

100% correct. Thanks for clearing that up.