Talisman - Digital Edition

By Nomad_Carl, in Talisman

I really appreciate the invitation, but I don't have time to sit at the computer long enough for a game. (I'd love to though, and I wish I could!)

That's my problem... :(

My problem is that people would think I'm cheating.

:ph34r:

What do you mean? We already know you cheat!

Two new characters are now available for the Digital Edition: the Sarachen and the Martial Artist! These are characters from the 2nd Edition that Nomad Games have updated.

I can see the characters on the iOS version, but can't purchase them???

Sometimes it takes a little while for stuff to propagate through properly. I have similar issues on both iOS and Steam... :(

Hi there,

I've just discovered the digital edition of Talisman and I'm loving it!! I used to play the 2nd edition to death back in the day! I'm playing it on my Kindle which is great but it seems to be lagging behind a bit with expansions. There's no Nether Realm or Blood Moon yet. Does anyone know when these might be available for Kindle?

Another IOS update this morning and you can now purchase the new characters

Good work with the digital edition. Just purchased the Blood Moon expansion.

Just want to point out two errors I encountered while playing today. Encountered the Rune Gate on the City Town Square, chose to encounter it but it didnt do a thing, on the next turn I could only roll the dice for movement. I played as Ghoul and defeated the Clockwork Cabinet in battle, though the only choices I had was to keep it as a trophy or keep it as a follower but as an effect of the card text, I couldnt keep it as a follower raised by the Ghoul. And thats about it, keep up the good work.

Hi there,

I've just discovered the digital edition of Talisman and I'm loving it!! I used to play the 2nd edition to death back in the day! I'm playing it on my Kindle which is great but it seems to be lagging behind a bit with expansions. There's no Nether Realm or Blood Moon yet. Does anyone know when these might be available for Kindle?

Hi. Thanks for your purchase!

We won't be releasing more expansions for the Kindle version of the game unfortunately due to technical issues we have with the game engine we use to make the game with. Sorry it's not better news, but there is still an awful lot of content in the existing Kindle version.

Good work with the digital edition. Just purchased the Blood Moon expansion.

Just want to point out two errors I encountered while playing today. Encountered the Rune Gate on the City Town Square, chose to encounter it but it didnt do a thing, on the next turn I could only roll the dice for movement. I played as Ghoul and defeated the Clockwork Cabinet in battle, though the only choices I had was to keep it as a trophy or keep it as a follower but as an effect of the card text, I couldnt keep it as a follower raised by the Ghoul. And thats about it, keep up the good work.

Thanks for pointing those out, I'll check them now and get them fixed if I can repeat them.

Much appreciated!

Good job with the Firelands, I dont want to be the only one complaining:) Just want to point two things out.

Theres a bug with the Jin-Blooded. His ability to discard a spell to get 1 fate stopped working for me in my game after about 10 turns. The appropriate button just disappeared all of a sudden.

And the Taleweaver is almost unusable unless used on oneself. As it is an object it cant be queued, you just cant be that quick to use this object at the start of someone elses turn.

I love it otherwise!!

hey I heard a rumour that the digital version was coming to the Playstation 4, any truth to this ?

It certainly is, plus PS Vita. Sometime in the Spring apparently

How enjoyable is this playing against the AI? I read a few reviews on Steam and all the ones I came across that mentioned the AI were not favorable. I'm considering it to play in offline mode on flights, but no point if the AI makes poor decisions and feels like it cheats.

I only play against AI.
Sometimes there are weird decisions ... a character choses to land on a space with a firelands token because some object there seems good...and then loses its last life because of the token, etc.
But then, I usually play with my husband and stepchildren. The teens make similar bad choices, so it's no different to me. :)

Will there be an Xbox one release, my boys want to play it on their machines

Just saw that the dragon is the next release. This is the only physical expansion I don't own so looking forward to seeing how it plays out

No news on Xbox One release sadly.

Just treat them to a PS4 ;)

Dragon should be great on digital, as the engine will handle a lot of the things that people have issues with.

Just a heads up for fans of all things digital...

At some point tonight (from 5pm GMT), the guys from Nomad Games will be announcing what their next project will be!

https://www.twitch.tv/nomad_games

Well, it's not Talisman, but I'm sure players that Fighting Fantasy fans will be stoked!

https://youtu.be/UScVIiKdSwg

As a PSA, via the Humble Store for Table Top Week, the base game is 70% off, and the Gold Edition that includes a season pass for all current and future expansions is 50% off. That's everything Talisman for $35. It's somewhat tempting for me just because it's Talisman, but I think if I'm going to go digital, I'll do it through iOS since I'd prefer to have it completely portable. But for those who want it on PC via Steam, this seems to be a pretty good deal to go with.