Future Expansion

By player1310912, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Just out of curiosity, how many teams did the original BB miniatures game have?

According to LRB6 its 24 teams.

For the next expansion, i would well see a new dice and magic items/bad tricks cards (like in the board game). It would add more fun to the game i think, and, of course, a new syndicate with 3 "jungle" teams : the amazons, the halflings, and the lizard men.

May be in November ?

Edited by kinor

Hopefully any future expansion will have some replacement cards for the original teams. The new mechanics and teams introduced in the two expansions so far have left the original teams feeling in need of a minor refresh.

I certainly hope Amazons, High Elves, Lizardmen and Norse and Halflings make it to the next expansion

but I am not sure how they are going to give each new faction a unique card mechanic. Maybe this is a problem and as the result there will not be another

expansion (i hope not) there is a large demand for Blood Bowl. :)

I would also love to see an expansion..my group and I love this game...I would love new teams.

Lizardmen,Norse,Amazons,Haflings and High elves would be great....I would also love a season variant.

About 13 months since the release of "Foul play" and still nothing, even not an announcement.....but i keep hoping for that.

Mmm .. 13 months ..?

In germany "Foul Play" was released some months ago :)

About 13 months in america ! :)

Edited by kinor

Team Manager is one of my favorite games (despite rarely getting to the table; I should remedy that) but I suspect it won't get many more expansions. I really wish it went the route of Death Angel where we could get some print on demand teams though.

If we do get lucky and get a new one, I'd love to see Lizardsmen, Amazon, and Underworld (Just for fun).

Edited by OmegaDestroyer

There is absolutely no reason why there will not have new expansions.

First, because this is the best card game ever.

Second, because it was sold very well among fans all over the world.

Third, because a LCG would not be adapted for bbtm.

Fourth, because we did not receive any official information that this game stopped.

And finally fifth, because there is still the possibility to create 4 or 5 more syndicates !!!

1) halfelings, amazones, lizard-men

2) norses, high elves, bretonnians

3) khorn demons, khemri, necromantics

4) ogres and snotlings, underworld, slanns

And even a fifth one with the chaos humans (like in the first version of the boardgame), the hobgoblins (with the troglodyte as the "big guy" still like in the first bb gameboard), and the chaos pact. And even the Elves (not sylvan, not dark, and not high) may be included in one of these 5 syndicates.

According to me, the delay for a third expansion is due to the development of the differents products concerning star wars these last times by FFG.

So don't worry fans, and be as optimistics as i am !

Edited by kinor

That is some...impressive optimism. We are coming up on 2 full years since the last expansion. Not even Elder Sign or Battlore had those kind of delays. BBTM has 4 syndicates, 12 teams, and its a super fun deckbuilder and doesn't really need anything else. With a re-release of Blood Bowl coming, we might see something new, but man. That is optimism. Come over to the WHQ:ACG forums, we need some of that over there...

Edited by FatherTurin

There is absolutely no reason why there will not have new expansions.

Fourth, because we did not receive any official information that this game stopped.

So don't worry fans, and be optimistic as i am !

Umm... how many non-LCG games have they actually announced are ending? Hey guys, Rune Age will still be supported because they haven't announced that it won't!

Sorry but rune age is a deck building game, nothing to do with BBTM.

Sorry but rune age is a deck building game, nothing to do with BBTM.

Isn't BBTM kind of a deck builder anyway? And besides, how does the type of game matter in this instance. I am saying that FFG never announces ends to games, unless they are LCG, and have a regular release schedule.

But the question is : why should they stop whereas there is still the possibility to release other teams (12) compared to those from the boardgame and the computer game ?

Why should FFG stop at midway whereas the selling of this game and its two expansions was successful ??

It would be nonsense and stupid.

Edited by kinor

But the question is : why should they stop whereas there is still the possibility to release other teams (12) compared to those from the boardgame and the computer game ?

Why should FFG stop at midway whereas the selling of this game and its two expansions was successful ??

It would be nonsense and stupid.

My apologies if this has been mentioned already, but someone who isn’t entertained like the mindless masses out there that liked the latest starwars movie (no offence intended). I’d be happy if Fantasy Flight Games would just release some new team decks. I’m not bothered about a considered expansion with new rules and tokens etc. just a few new teams and some star players will do me and I don’t mind paying the same as the other expansions for them. I also wouldn’t mind paying for a few new star players to add to the current unions as a stand-alone product.

Do the creators read these posts? I’d really like them to get this opinion.

mindless masses out there that liked the latest starwars movie (no offence intended)

Not intended? You mean that you have typed in "mindless masses" accidentally?

mindless masses out there that liked the latest starwars movie (no offence intended)

Not intended? You mean that you have typed in "mindless masses" accidentally?

It wasn't intended to be taken literally, but more of a majority. The obsessive and the mindful with bad taste are excluded.

Feeling inspired by Andy Dufresne from Shawshank Redemption, I've decided to email requesting news regarding expansions. I'm not expecting much response but in true Andy Dufresne style I think I'll contact them once a week until I get some news. It only took six years for Andy, but I think I'm capable of being way more annoying.

I already emailed the creators of BBTM several months ago but i always received the same answer : "impossible to give information because of the confidentiality policy".

We just have to check out the news every day, with much patience to bear the endless news about star wars the card game, star wars imperial assault, x-wing, star wars the roleplaying and so on.....

Edited by kinor

We just have to check out the news every day, with much patience to bear the endless news about star wars the card game, star wars imperial assault, x-wing, star wars the roleplaying and so on.....

A browser extension would be useful to filter out all the star wars news.

Anyway, it's more efficient to set up some notifications based upon the RSS channel. I'm using IFTTT for that, but certainly there are other services that offer such functionality.

Edited by tsuma534

I already emailed the creators of BBTM several months ago but i always received the same answer : "impossible to give information because of the confidentiality policy".

I still haven't had a reply of any kind. I find it depressing checking the news and seeing all the star wars crap all the time. Old boys like me aren't the marketing demographic anymore. Stupid kids have no taste.

Just wondering if the base game is still in production. If the game is scheduled for reprint then it would be a sign for a will from FFG to sustain the product line [and possibly introduce more expansion content]. If it's not and it's getting out of print then we wouldn't have to grow impatient as it'd be a definitive sign that the line is being put in decline.

Edit: Foul Play is planned for reprint. I´m pretty sure I´ve seen a few copies of the core game still available online and in stores. Hard to make any conclusion.

Edited by Indalecio

Just wondering if the base game is still in production. If the game is scheduled for reprint then it would be a sign for a will from FFG to sustain the product line [and possibly introduce more expansion content]. If it's not and it's getting out of print then we wouldn't have to grow impatient as it'd be a definitive sign that the line is being put in decline.

Edit: Foul Play is planned for reprint. I´m pretty sure I´ve seen a few copies of the core game still available online and in stores. Hard to make any conclusion.

The core set I am pretty sure had a reprint already this year. I think FFG are fully ok with keeping a reprint ongoing. I dont think this necessarily indicates any new expansions sadly.

I do wonder if this years upcoming re release of the main Games Workshop BloodBowl tabletop game may stir up enuogh interest for FFG to revisit the game??