The Mid-West Coast Championship II: Son of the MWCC

By TripsEX, in UFS Fan Announcements

Got some Southeastern Wisconsin players looking for a ride out to Madison for this event (namely me and JDub). Anyone wanna hook us up?

I'd try the Milwaukee crew, or if worse comes to worse, see if there are any Greyhound buses that go from Kenosha to Madison...

I don't think I've talked to Nick or Jack since last year's MWCC preocupado.gif , I figured my best bet was to post here.

I did check the Greyhound schedule and there are buses running from Kenosha to Madison (I guess Racine just isn't good enough enfadado.gif ), but the earliest on leaving on June 6th is somewhere around 11:30 so it wouldn't arrive at Madison until 2 or 3. And it's still like 8 miles from the station to Misty Moutain, so I'd probably have to leave on Friday and find a place to stay somewhere.

Umm...Sad thing is, I don't know how I'm planning on getting there myself. My car isn't in top condition and I don't know if I want to risk the chances so much. Which I did in GB regionals already. I thought everything would've been fine, which it was. I got back home and then stuff started falling more apart on me. I looked over the dumb car and it seems to be running decently these past few days, but I hope it'll still be running ok then.

Another thing is, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make singles on Saturday also. I might have to work that day. Work schedule for me is like a gamble at all times for the weekend. I can't say stuff for sure until the very last minute and day of Friday. They can pretty much screw over our weekend anytime they want. If they need us to work they'll post **** up and then when they don't need us they'll just take **** down on however they feel like. They ask for volunteers but in the end even if you don't sign up, you could still be selected and have to work. So yeah, work sucks ass and I won't know until the very last minute. Then on top of things, I'm not sure how I'm going to get there.

Plus, my play group is planning on going too, so I have to think about that too. So there is 3 of us totall. If you want to, you can email me your info so I can call you or whatever it maybe. My email is [email protected] so even when the last minute thing happens I can let you and JDub know if you all still need a ride. That's if I have room or whoever I'm going with has room. Or however I am getting there also. If worst comes to worst, maybe I won't even be able to make it, due to no ride either.

So yeah....

I just emailed you my number so let me know if anything comes up.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year and stomp on all you guys just like old times.

~ATTENTION ALL OF THOSE WHO PLAN ON COMING~

There will be a couple side events going on (most likely after the cut to top 8), so far the 1st 2 are subject to change depending on what you guys want to do. If no one wants to participate in the 1st 2 I list then you can argue amongst yourselves to pick something else out and I'll run it.

1. Legacy- All that janky goodness, but bans and erratas still in effect. This will be free.

2. Set 12 only- Only the 2 latest sets allowed. We can do this one of two ways though, either a sealed or constructed, it's up to you. If you choose constructed, it will be free, and $18 if you guys want sealed (1 starter and 3 packs, or 6 packs depending on what we have in stock).

3. Hata's Challenge- Are you in need of a BRT? Do you think you're hot ****? Well, here's the deal, if you're the first one to beat James Hata (yes he will be there) twice (as in get 2 games on him) over the course of the weekend at Misty, you can have a BRT. There are a few conditions of course...
*You must use a block 3 deck, no banned cards (Hata will be following this as well)
*You can challenge him as many times over the weekend as you want
*If someone else is waiting to challenge him, you can't challenge him twice in a row (ie you gotta take turns)
*If you lose twice in a row, your wins reset to 0
*You must use the same deck, if you use a different deck you start a new challenge tally and your old one goes out the window

Good luck, and see you Saturday!

OMG, one more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the constructed side event and the Hata challenge. I think that's cool and it'll be fun. Umm so it just one BRT he's giving away or unlimited or while BRT's last? Just curious to know....

Just one, the FIRST one to beat him twice will get it. Another BRT will be given out some other way, most likely in a raffle or for something else, I'm still debating. All in all 2 BRTs will be given out this weekend.

if only i lived 20 hours closer...

OH BABY, it's almost here! The Green Bay crew leaves in 2 days! I cannot wait!

So can there be video games....

That would be awesome...STREET FIGHTER 4.................WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP?

Approval is pending for the video games at the moment. They were banned (except DS, PSP, stuff like that, those are fine) from Misty a while ago when some obnoxious/loud (and smelly >_>) regulars came and did nothing but play video games, causing MANY people to complain. I'm pretty sure I'll get the OK though, at least for Saturday. Someone will have to bring a system, controllers and games though... Not sure about the TV, I'll check on that too.

ShadowDragon said:

Approval is pending for the video games at the moment. They were banned (except DS, PSP, stuff like that, those are fine) from Misty a while ago when some obnoxious/loud (and smelly >_>) regulars came and did nothing but play video games, causing MANY people to complain. I'm pretty sure I'll get the OK though, at least for Saturday. Someone will have to bring a system, controllers and games though... Not sure about the TV, I'll check on that too.

If you find out about a TV one of our guys has a Ps3 and we have SF 4, 3rd Strike, Darkstalkers, Soul Cal III, and kof 2006 we can bring.

I have the old Darkstalkers game for PS1, and I have KoF06 with all the characters unlocked. I have everything unlocked and bought in SC3 too, so don't worry about those. I should know by tomorrow morning (hopefully later tonight) about if it's ok, and about the TV. I'll post it whenever I get a response.

Sweetness....!!! That'll make the day even better and greater.....

I'll bring a small ass tv then. it's better than nothing. hopefully we can get more than just one system running that way, and different games. well...still have to wait for the reply to be ok, but i'm hoping for it!!!!

Tekken also....don't forget....

I got Marvel vs Capcom 2 around here somewhere. I also have the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, because Super Gem Fighter Minimix rocks!

Bad news, the owner said no video games =/ They got too many complaints in the past, so I can't really blame them. Guess you guys will just have to play in side events.

That is bad news...that sucks!!!!!

BOOOOOOO...............................

this just ruined the whole weekend now...