The Mid-West Coast Championship II: Son of the MWCC

By TripsEX, in UFS Fan Announcements

This is it folks! The time has finally arrived!

THE MID-WEST COAST CHAMPIONSHIP II

-I am very happy to announce that the day has come around once again and that you are all invited again to scenic Wisconsin to partake in a brutal yet horrifyingly fun UFS event. Things have changed, things have stayed the same, but it's still going to be super fun. So you better show up, all of y'alls! So, I will be your humble host through this post ( rhyme not intended ) and lay out all the details for what is going to be an incredible event this year.

-Important things out of the way first, two people will be running this event this year and the location has changed! I know what you're thinking, "Hey Trips! I liked Lost World of Wonders and I am scared that I will not like the new venue!" Don't worry about it, you're going to have a blast at the new place in Madison, Wisconsin ... Misty Mountain Games! Yes, John and I really enjoyed having all of you at the store last year, but things were too cramped and I got an earful for finals lasting so long last time around, so we've decided to move it to a new venue. With a new venue also comes more staff, as I will be running this event with someone next to me this time around, so the stress and dizziness can be split, Misty Mountain's very own UFS Scout ShadowDragon will be a Tournament Organizer. So now when I stress out, I know someone else will be stressing out too, and will help me not stress out.

-More about Misty Mountain Games. Misty Mountain is the ideal place for an event like the MWCC. There is huge amount of gaming space ( 225+ easily ), they serve food and drinks on site, and have a great tournament organization system. They have a good reputation for running Yu-Gi-Oh! regionals, Magic: The Gathering PTQs, and now they can put a UFS Regional under their belt. Their staff is top notch too, and they know a thing or two ( or three ) about gaming. I can tell you right now that you will not be dissatisfied with the venue.

Misty Mountain Games
4672 Cottage Grove Road
Madison, WI 53716

Misty Moutain's location is better than the what we had last year in terms of commuting and the surrounding area. Madison's airport is 10 minutes away, there are various fast food places in the immediate area, and it is MUCH easier to get to than Lost World of Wonders. Everything you need is really within earshot of the store, so don't worry about going hungry or without.

- The MWCCII: SotMWCC is going to be a two day event again. Nothing has changed but the schedule, and even then the changes help.

Saturday - June 6th is going to be our SINGLES event. Once again, SATURDAY - JUNE 6TH is going to be our SINGLES event.

Event: MWCC II Singles
Start Time: 12:00PM
Cost: $10.00
Format: 4 Rounds of Swiss into Top 8 (50 minute rounds.)
This event will follow the most current copy of Tournament Rules, the most current Ban List, and the most current Card Errata. Any disputes will be resolved the Tournament Organizers.

---

Sunday - June 7th is going to be our TEAM event. Once again, SUNDAY - JUNE 7TH is going to be our TEAM event.

Event: MWCC II Teams
Start Time: 1:00PM
Cost: $15.00 per Team
Format: 4 Rounds of Swiss into Top 8 (50 minute rounds.)
This event will follow the most current copy of Tournament Rules, the most current Ban List, and the most current Card Errata. Any disputes will be resolved the Tournament Organizers. Your must have a team of 3 people to be eligible to play.

-If you need to contact either of us Tournament Organizers, go right ahead!

ShadowDragon can be contact through e-mail at c [email protected] or on AOL Instant Messenger Screen Name " VanishNagoya "
TripsEX can be contacted through e-mail at [email protected] or on AOL Instant Messenger Screen Name " ZeroOptionEX "

-...and just to humor you, some FAQs on the whole gig.

I remember the white board from last year, everyone wrote on it and had a jovial time. Will it be around this year? If you really want it...

Lost World of Wonders was pretty cool on rules, how will Misty Mountain treat us UFS players? Better than I treat my Rock Howard deck. They are a class act.

Am I going to be able to see Omar throw a coin-block at someone again? TripsEX will have a coin-block waiting, if Omar wants to show up.

Is Jeremy Ray going to be destroyed in 'Circle of Death' again, like what happened at Nationals 2008? You better believe it.

I really hope this helps sort out everything you need to get here, because last year was a huge success. ShadowDragon and I are committed to making this year even better, so if you couldn't show up last year, you will want to make an appearance here. Just ask anyone who was here last year, and see if they had a fun time.

Thank god its not in may I might be able to make it it funds are there and Trips if you got more info and want to be on our show to talk more about it let me know .

LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS OKAY, I SUCK AT CIRCLE OF DEATH ITS NOT EVEN FAIR IT IS LIKE CANDY FROM A BABY

i still have that coin block demonio.gif

Just a quick little note... while Misty's currently location does serve food and drinks, its new location (close by, and its address is the one listed) will not have a kitchen so no longer will food be served. BUT, Misty is keeping the vending machines, so those will still be there for people to get their soda fix, and Misty's new location is surrounded (pretty much literally) by places to get food... such as:

Domino's Pizza
Pizza Hut
Milio's
Subway
Dairy Queen
Dairyland
Culver's
KFC
China Inn

Most of those are within the range of the parking lot, if not then within a mile...

There's also a Wendy's and a McDonald's roughly within 2 miles of the store.

And if none of those satisfy you then you can just go to the nearby Sentry and do some grocery shopping =P

**** i want to come to this, holy fudge sticks batman.

i hope i have a job soon and can save up for all this.

Scott Gaines said:

**** i want to come to this, holy fudge sticks batman.

i hope i have a job soon and can save up for all this.

Ya if we can afford a trip in June besides Nats in June we should try for it man .

Prize Support Update: There will be at least 8 additional playmats given out at this event... also, a BRT will be given away as well~

ShadowDragon said:

Prize Support Update: There will be at least 8 additional playmats given out at this event... also, a BRT will be given away as well~

i have to win this brt, because apparently i don't have any in my deck

i'm 2/2 in tournies where a brt is up for grabs, hmmm i guess i have to come to this one :) god i hope i can. heres to me having a job soon. OH PLEASE LAWD, shyne down upon me with a job.

I'm not familiar with hotels near Misty, but I do pass by this one often on my way there (It's maybe 2-3 minutes including traffic from where Misty currently is and only maybe 5-10 including traffic to where Misty will be in June):

www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/check_avail

I pretty much just got word that this was on Page 2 and no one is discussing it.

It's a REGIONAL people, and it is a BLAST. I love you all, come play with me.

Mini prize support update: There will be at least 13 playmats give out at this event, and perhaps a 2nd BRT. I'm still working on that one, once the move is settled next week then the 2nd BRT should be set.

TripsEx: Dude, I was trying to get a hold of you about this, but good thing it's up here and I checked. Hmmm are the teams and singles set in stone already? I was really hoping that the singles would be on a sunday. Well, talk to you more about it during the weekend.

The Sat-Singles, Sun-Teams is already set. Because of Misty's hours, its best that they aren't changed or else we probably won't have time for the whole thing.

I'll have to do some number crunching, but I should be able to swing this. How far is the closet airport?

And I swear, Trips, if I ever face your Yang again, it'll be a cold day in hell before I commit Strife's Patronage for anything less than a guaranteed kill. >< Dumb plays are dumb.

The nearest airport would be the Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) in Madison, and it's about 7 miles from Misty Mountain.

If you're not a fan of smaller airports, there is always General Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee, WI (hometown like WHAT) that you could fly into.

Also, Nubian better not come half-stepping if I rebuild Yang.

ShadowDragon: Thanks for reply and nice seeing you this past weekend.

This is near the bottom of page one, come on now people, this is going to be an epic fun time! The MWCC is the premier Wisco event of the year! It is also the absolute safest place to game with our very own security detail, the ASASF! So come on down!

So, does anyone know if they can make it to this? I'd like to know~

Green Bay will have around 5+ going down.

Milwaukee brings/sends roughly 5.

2 weeks people, hype it up!

Who's all going?....O wait, I'm not going...

Well, not sure on what to say yet. But hopefully everything goes well.

This will be an AWESOME event, we should have a nice turnout. Going to be a great weekend, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone there!