Strongpoint Called Target and Initiative

By Purgatus, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

Here is the situation

Kill Team has previously been called to SQUAD Mode and in that full Phase and spending of Cohesion, a battle Brother is designated as the target Caller for Strongpoint.

later Kill Team is crossing a Port airstrip and a Lictor jumps out and attacks.

Now the Kill Team goes into initiative.

Is there anyway that those Battle brothers who roll higher initiative than the Strongpoint 'Target Caller", an Action which is a Free Action,

can wait without using a Delayed Action which is a Half Action and thus does not allow use of a Full Action,

or

Is anyne who rolls higher init than the Strongpont target Caller simply boned and cannot benefitt from the =20 BS because their action happens before the target can be Called?

Purgatus said:

Here is the situation

Kill Team has previously been called to SQUAD Mode and in that full Phase and spending of Cohesion, a battle Brother is designated as the target Caller for Strongpoint.

later Kill Team is crossing a Port airstrip and a Lictor jumps out and attacks.

Now the Kill Team goes into initiative.

Is there anyway that those Battle brothers who roll higher initiative than the Strongpoint 'Target Caller", an Action which is a Free Action,

can wait without using a Delayed Action which is a Half Action and thus does not allow use of a Full Action,

or

Is anyne who rolls higher init than the Strongpont target Caller simply boned and cannot benefitt from the =20 BS because their action happens before the target can be Called?

First off, Strongpoint is sustained as long as the center does not move. Once the character moves (walks, dodges, knocked on his butt) the squad mode ends. So when the previous encounter ended and the kill-team moved on, so did Strongpoint. It would have to be reactivated (at full cohesion cost) in the next encounter.

As for your question, assuming strongpoint was reactivated, it would be your second example unless the players used the delay action (half action out of initiative).

That answer flies in th e face of what I thought true for Sustained orders and their payment of Cohesion.

I will now have to go and provide citations on how I thought things worked.

Page 224

"The Centre must remain stationary for the ability to remain in effect."

and

"…until either the Centre moves (ending the Strongpoint)…"

It is a sustained power only in as much as you continue to meet its requirements, i.e. not moving. Once you move from the point the ability ends.