Adapting Johnny One-Eye for the Revised set?

By rsrForge, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Hi! I recently got Stefan and Johnny One-Eye and I'd like to add them to my Revised set, which doesn't have any Allied units that could benefit from Johnny's skill (Badass). So I'm wondering what other skill could I give him to make him useful for the Allies, keeping in line with the miniature/character's theme, and maintaning his value at 2 points. Any ideas?

I'd say that giving him either Assault or Berserk would be a reasonable substitution.

Yeah, it's a pity that the only allied squads with limited ammo weapons are those from the original core set, and of those I find that only the Gunners are a good match for Johnny One Eye.

But yeah, I suppose giving him Berserk instead would be a suitable substitute.

Thank you very much, guys!

Loophole Master said:

Yeah, it's a pity that the only allied squads with limited ammo weapons are those from the original core set, and of those I find that only the Gunners are a good match for Johnny One Eye.

Well, considering that J-bone comes from an expansion box, and all of the limited-ammo units from the original core are also available from expansion boxes, this seems like a peculiar complaint.

I would give him heroic attack, because that's truly badass

My complaint is not with where the units come from, but with the fact that we haven't had any more such units since the very first set.

If you give him Heroic Attack you'd definitely have to increase his cost considerably. It's one of the most useful skills in the game.

Loophole Master said:

If you give him Heroic Attack you'd definitely have to increase his cost considerably. It's one of the most useful skills in the game.

Agreed!

Loophole Master said:

My complaint is not with where the units come from, but with the fact that we haven't had any more such units since the very first set.

oh, I see. Yeah, I suppose Allies haven't,

I would argue that if you look at the other Allied Infantry 3 heroes, OZZ isn't exactly worlds expensive more than Rhino or AJ, who have Berserk and Assault respectively…

SeismicShock said:

I would argue that if you look at the other Allied Infantry 3 heroes, OZZ isn't exactly worlds expensive more than Rhino or AJ, who have Berserk and Assault respectively…

True enough, but that seems to be more of a miscosting of OZZ than a true reflection of his value.

Kind of like how Lara only costs 21 points but is far, far better than the Axis heroes who cost more than she does.

Kriegschatten said:

SeismicShock said:

True enough, but that seems to be more of a miscosting of OZZ than a true reflection of his value.

Kind of like how Lara only costs 21 points but is far, far better than the Axis heroes who cost more than she does.

OZZ can get you one really good swing in, but after that… One problem (sort of) is that heroic attack is not a mobility boost, so you still need to get OZZ plus (for me) the hammers into position without losing their hitting power… Allied Infantry 3 aren't exactly the most long lived units on a board. I use the combo regularlly, and I think I have only got in, attacked and got back out without getting smote maybe a couple times.

Heroic attack is cool, but in my experience with it doesn't feel like i'm underpaying for the unit.

Where I find Heroic Attack earns it's status is when you combine it with Stimulant Kit.

Put OZZ in a group of Tank Busters or Grim Reapers, stim them up, activate Heroic Attack, and let them loose.

With Heroic Attack running, nobody can damage them for the rest of the round, which really helps to alleviate the exhaustion caused by the Stimulant Kit.

Kriegschatten said:

Where I find Heroic Attack earns it's status is when you combine it with Stimulant Kit.

Put OZZ in a group of Tank Busters or Grim Reapers, stim them up, activate Heroic Attack, and let them loose.

With Heroic Attack running, nobody can damage them for the rest of the round, which really helps to alleviate the exhaustion caused by the Stimulant Kit.

expensive combo, but i'll have to give that a shot, thanks for the idea!