Sudden Death rules

By Jericho, in WFRP House Rules

Hello everyone!

Here's a simple houserule for people who want to give more punch to Criticals.

I am one of these people that regretted the V1 and V2 explosive die damage rules (Ulric's Fury in V2).

So here's the deal:

When any character suffers one or more criticals, he must immediately make a Resilience check. The difficulty of this check is 1 Purple for each Critical suffered IN THIS ATTACK ONLY + 1 Misfortune per critical suffered earlier.

If the check fails, the character falls unconscious and suffers one Wound at his beginning of turn phase from here onwards until First aid is received or his Wound total exceeds his Wound threshold. (If Wounds exceed the Wound threshold, convert one Wound to a Crit as usual.)

If the check succeeds, the character can keep on fighting normally.

This houserule does make combat more lethal, especially for "henchmen" or non-combatants. What I like though is that it doesn't kill you outright. You are just felled and out of combat.

So what do you think?

I think it may work if you find combats not lethal enough. Bear in mind though that low To characters (characters with To 3 - 4) will easely feint from critical wounds. Then, you may need to rethink some action cards, those like the basic attack from Beastmen will be killers to your party.

Cheers,

Yepes

Yepesnopes said:

I think it may work if you find combats not lethal enough. Bear in mind though that low To characters (characters with To 3 - 4) will easely feint from critical wounds. Then, you may need to rethink some action cards, those like the basic attack from Beastmen will be killers to your party.

Cheers,

Yepes

You are right. It is deadly for low To characters. I'll play test it and adjust the difficulty of the check. I could go with 1 purple + 1 Misfortune per Critical suffered in total.

Or maybe lessen the effect of a failure. Knocked out and 1 Wound per round for X rounds where X equals total Severity of Criticals suffered?