Wiederbelebungsserum Failsafe -

By WatchItPlayed, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

I don't know if I'm over or under thinking this one.

This Special Order says it can only be used for miniatures lost in the previous game turn. Should it say “previous game round”?

Otherwise, that would seem to mean to me that if the Axis were the initiating player in the Command Phase, would the previous game turn be, the last End Phase… that seems odd, so would it be the last turn in the previous Unit Phase (which could have been their own turn…)?

Or if they were the responding player in the COmmand Phase, would the previous turn be the Initiating players Command Phase that just happened?

If so, then if you lose a bunch of troops in the last Unit Phase, but ended up as the responding player in the Command Phsae, you wouldn't be able to use your Order on any of those damaged Units.

I always read it as the "previous game round", but since I’m now seeing that the wording doesn’t say that, it’s making me think I made a false assumption.
Thanks in advance.

We have always read it to mean the last game turn. that way you still have a chance to recover troops lost to the opponents last command phase.

I've got a question on the failsafe order too.

The rule says the Command Section of a Blutkreuz platoon may order a "Failsafe Order" to a non-Zombie unit. Up until now I've played that as a normal order, where the target has to be within command range and counts as receiving the command order for that turn. However on reading it today I also thought it could me the command section performs the order and then any non-Zombie unit gets the serum roll, and this unit could be anywhere on the board (as all units have the serum). While the first interpretation grabs me as the most likely the second also makes some sense to me as the unit could just shove the serum into itself regardless of where the command unit is (I know not to interpret fluff as rules though).

Any opinion on which is the correct interpretation?

I think I was reading one rule without considering the others. The failsafe is just an extra order that can be issued, like Take Action or Regroup. As such the recipient must be in 12" (or radio range). This performs just like Blitzkrieg and sort of like An Army of One (which ignores range). That would mean my first interpretation was the correct way of playing all this time.

Your first interpretation was the correct one it's just a normal order that can be iussed just like regroup or take action.