The Sea of Horror Custom Expansion

By Guest, in Fan Creations

Frank said:

Why are all 20 extra Mythos cards Gat Bursts? And why are they all Movement Icon #3 or #6?

-Frank

If you've looked throughout this entire thread, you would know that all the sea monsters are moon symbol, intentionally. And there are 2 reasons they are all gate burst: Reason #1 is that there's only 2 unstable locations in the sea, and a new Mythos card is drawn only after 2 turns. If even only half the cards weren't gate bursts, and someone would've sealed a gate in the sea, then there's a good chance no gate would open in the sea at all for quite some time, and I want constant gates appearing there and releasing monsters to encourage players go there and kill the monsters before they enter the vortex. Still, there's 50% chance that a mythos would open a gate on an existing gate (if there's only one gate in the sea and not 2), but if it weren't a gate burt the chances of gates not appearing at all would increase dramatically if there's even 1 sealed location. Reason #2 is that I didn't wanted for gates opening at sea to cause gate surges.

I recomment you to read the rules. If you don't want to download the expansion, the rules are somewhere in the previous page or the one before that.

Cheers.

Thank you very much for your custom expansion, kroen gui%C3%B1o.gif .

But when I try to dowload Part1 , there is a error message:

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Do you want to correct that, please?

Greetings from Spain.

Abdul Alhazred said:

Thank you very much for your custom expansion, kroen gui%C3%B1o.gif .

But when I try to dowload Part1 , there is a error message:

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Do you want to correct that, please?

Greetings from Spain.

Hmm that wasn't intentinal... wait a sec.

edit: seems like I uploaded it regularly instead of to my premium account... I'm uploading both parts now and will update as soon as part 1 is uploaded.

Part 1

Will upload part 2 in a couple of hours.

Great! gran_risa.gif

It is correct now. Thank you very much for eon files. gui%C3%B1o.gif

You welcome :)

I have a question about the Massive Prison Break Rumor - when investigators pass the Fight check and discard a doom token , is it discarded from the Terror Track or from the prison. Because, if it's from the prison, it seems like this rumor would be impossible to pass. But if it's from the Terror Track, it's still difficult (which is good, of course) but possible.

00zaphod said:

I have a question about the Massive Prison Break Rumor - when investigators pass the Fight check and discard a doom token , is it discarded from the Terror Track or from the prison. Because, if it's from the prison, it seems like this rumor would be impossible to pass. But if it's from the Terror Track, it's still difficult (which is good, of course) but possible.

The terror track. I guess I should've been more clear about it.

A small reminder:

Changes:
Before printing anything, be sure to edit the following cards:
(1) The Mythos card "Massive Wave" places the a Clue token at the Drift Shore, not Darke's Carnival.
(2) The Mythos card "Moon Eclipse" should read on the second paragraph "Investigators in The Sea gain 1 extra movement point", not "Will checks in The Sea are made at a +1 bonus".

This looks really cool and I will download it once I get a grip on the current rules with the expansions that I just bought! gui%C3%B1o.gif I did have this one idea though that, since I haven't seen your completed Expansion, might have been adressed.....

Why not make a new Cthulhu Ancient one card that encorporates the new rules, seeing as he is an Oceanic Ancient One? (If you do, just make sure that he is no less tougher than regular Cthulhu!)

And it is my opinion that the Leviathan could work well as an extra Herald or even guardian, depending on how you weave in his story. idk I just picture the Leviathan as something a little more important than just a regular sea monster. Your current guardian is cool but the picture and back-story, at least, don't seem very ocean-themed when compared to your Herald.....

I wonder if someone played with it yet and can share his opinion about balance. I myself haven't (yet) for I have no ink/ink money.

Hey there,

This looks really interesting and I'd love to give it a try, but the links are dead. Is there an updated link or an alternate place to find this?

Thanks

Hello,

great work!

I have a question about the Desert Isle location. I don't quite understand the modifier thing: "make a Luck (-2) [2] check, the modifier is -1 if your Focus is 1, etc..."

Let's say my Focus is 2. Do I have to make a Luck (-2 -2= -4) [2] check? Or is it a Luck (-2 + 2 =0) [2] check?

Thanks for your answer!

Hi guys,

I think this individual left the forums a while after this was posted. I'm afraid it is unlikely you'll be able to get an answer.

Cheers,
Chris

Pity he left after so much work. I just tried to download the files but the second part seems to be corrupted. It looks good what he did though... I would love to have given it a go.

Downloaded both parts a week ago. Opened with 7Zip and extracted with zero issues.

My question deals more with the idea/pretense of someone stepping in to finish the map background. I'd volunteer to do it, but don't want to step on any toes.

Cheers,

Erm, forgive me if I'm completely wrong but isn't some of the stuff that Kroen posted ages ago (although improved) ??!?

Considering that the original poster is listed as "Unknown" which indicates a deleted account and he is the only person I know of to have had accounts banned from this site I would venture to guess that you may be right.

Sneaky Kroen and so! gran_risa.gif

Didn't know he got banned (been absent from these forums for quite a while), though I did notice his old posts listed as 'unknown'. I did recommend to someone new to Arkham Horror that they come here and look for his posts as they always caused me to chuckle (or grimace).

Hi, can anyone send to me pack of the Sea of horror expansion? Ona rapidshare it is not anymore:((( Please and thanks if somebody help. martin.kacl (a) gmail.com

Right Click and Save Picture should help.

I might have some of this at home, though I've a sneaky suspicion I just snagged the images from this thread. If I can find anything, I'll email it to you. It's not all that great an expansion - the flavour is completely anachronistic and some of the ideas were a little... ski-wiff. You'd be far better off with Vermont Horror.

I have the complete expansion. But it's 231 MB, so.... give me a confirmation before I start mailing them all. But as Jake said, there are other expansions which are much more interesting (Golden Scarab, Vermont Horror, plus Jake's one, as soon as he completes it)

Julia said:

I have the complete expansion. But it's 231 MB, so.... give me a confirmation before I start mailing them all. But as Jake said, there are other expansions which are much more interesting (Golden Scarab, Vermont Horror, plus Jake's one, as soon as he completes it)

*Blushes*

I would very much like a copy of this. I collect all custom content and finally found Golden Scarab complete just the other day so this would make it a twofer :)

Have you considered posting the files at Mediafire? They have remained fairly stable and try to stay out of trouble by staying low on the violation list.

Or perhaps you have them posted somewhere else?