The Sea of Horror Custom Expansion

By Guest, in Fan Creations

Hadanelith said:

Edit note: the encounter that sends you to the 'Lose City of Atlantis' - not quite what I think you meant, eh? Carry on the good work.

I took inspiration from the encounter that sends you to Dreamlands and back. What's not to udnerstand? there are quite a few of encounters that sends you to other worlds, have you have an encounter there and then immediately returns you back. It's self-explanetory really.

kroen said:

Hadanelith said:

Edit note: the encounter that sends you to the 'Lose City of Atlantis' - not quite what I think you meant, eh? Carry on the good work.

I'm not sure I get what you mean.

I took inspiration from the encounter that sends you to Dreamlands.

He's pointing out a typo. It says the "Lose" City, rather than the "Lost" City.

An added rule to the Maelstrom:

If all there are no Flood tokens left, add a doom token to the Ancient One's doom track instead.

One last revision to that encounter, and many sea monsters: (not including copies)

carddeck1.jpg

This looks great.

Can't wait for the finalised version.
Keep up the good work.

Razrael said:

This looks great.

Can't wait for the finalised version.
Keep up the good work.

I'm glad you like it.

Another investigator:

chloedavisfrontside.jpg

I understand the ability is quite potent, that's why I gave her a -1 penalty on focus and 1$ unspent.

carddeck1.jpg

A rule I forgot:

If a street should be flooded but there are no Flood token left, a doom token is added to the Ancient One's doom track instead.

I decided to further penalize Chloe and now she has 4$ unspent:

chloedavisfrontside.jpg

All the encoutners for the drift shore:

carddeck1k.jpg

To do list:

7 encounters for Open Sea

10 encounters for streets

20 mythos cards

10 gate cards

a few more treasures, investigators and ancient ones

and I'm done!

An added rule:

If a gate surge occurs in Arkham, don't count the open gates at The Sea for the purpose of releasing monsters equal to the of open gates. Instead, first release monsters in open gates in Arkham as usual. Then, a Sea monster is placed onto every open gate in The Sea (2 Sea monsters in every gate instead if there are 5 on more players in the game).

All the encounters for Open Sea:

carddeck1.jpg

I revised the modifier and defence onGhisguth, plus a brand new and the last Ancient One:

carddeck1.jpg

misterxfrontside.jpg

Awesome project! I love to try it out when it's finished.

Tnx.

And it's pretty close to being finished. ETA this week.

All the streets encounters:

carddeck1r.jpg

lucerosefrontside.jpg

The revised Flood markers: (they are now the size of money tokens. you can just cut them and tape them on nine of the plentiful 1$ tokens)

carddeck1.png

What's left to finish the expansion:

*10 Gate cards

*20 Mythos cards

*1 Investigator

And that's it!

A revision on a few monsters: (only changes that were made are modifiers and resistances/immunities added for some)

carddeck1u.jpg

I revised Agiter: (worshippers)

agiterfrontside.jpg

An added rule:

When closing or sealing a gate of Atlantis, return 1 Sea monster to the Sea monster cup.

This rule was added because the gate of Atlantis does not have any dimensional symbol and all sea monsters are crescent (both intentional) and I wanted to give a small added perk for closing a gate at The Sea.

Oh, and all the encounters for Atlantis:

carddeck1s.jpg

Only Mythos cards remain and 1 investigator and the expansion is complete! When it's done I will upload it in .eon files complete with all the pics that I used. I estimate I will finish the mythos card in a matter of 2 days, maybe even tomorrow. Stay tuned.

All the Mythos cards and the last investigator and last treasure item card a revision on Jack:

watersealfrontside.jpg

jackcarterfrontside.jpg

mikechanfrontside.jpg

mmmmt.jpg

That's it! The expansion is complete! In the next couple of minuts I will upload it!

A couple of typos I just found out about and I can't implement into the file I'm uploading because it's already 2 hours into the upload (it's 200mb) and it'll take too long. Here are the edits necesarry: (both on Mythos cards)

(1) The Mythos card "Massive Wave" places the a Clue token at the Drift Shore, not Darke's Carnival.

(2) The Mythos card "Moon Eclipse" should read on the second paragraph "Investigators in The Sea gain 1 extra movement point", not "Will checks in The Sea are made at a +1 bonus".

Update: The upload is taking more than I thought. Expect to see the download link the next 2 hours.

What's in the Expansion:
1 Game Board
30 Stability Tokens (though any existing tokens can be used instead)
9 Flood Markers
4 Gate Markers
5 Ancient One Sheets
10 Investigator Sheets
10 Investigator Markers
1 Herald Sheet
1 Guardian Sheet
20 Corruption Cards
20 Blessings of Garod Cards
35 Sea Location Cards
20 Mythos Cards
10 Gate Cards
10 Street Cards

36 Special Cards, Including:
8 Seasickness Cards
8 Swimming Cards
8 Boat Ownership Cards
8 Highly Wanted Cards
4 Prison Break Cards

45 Treasure Item Cards, Including:
1 Water Seal
1 Holder of Worlds
1 Workshop
1 Water Sword
2 Silver Chest
1 Scroll of Faith
3 Rusty Knife
2 Cursed Gun
2 Silver Stake Bow
3 Crystal Orb
3 Treasure Map
1 Rusty Lockpicks
3 Rusty Lighter
2 Hydrolyze
1 Gold Chest
1 Future Sight
2 White Flames
4 Elder Sign Ruins
2 Dual Bladed Sword
1 Diamond Chest
3 Copper Chest
3 Compass
2 Blessed Sword

20 Sea Monster Tokens, Including:
1 Alien Whale
1 Doom Serpent
5 Blackgull
2 Leviathan
1 Kraken
1 Hydra
4 Monstrous Eel
3 Deep One
3 Darkster

Download Links:
Part 1
Part 2

Changes:
Before printing anything, be sure to edit the following cards:
(1) The Mythos card "Massive Wave" places the a Clue token at the Drift Shore, not Darke's Carnival.
(2) The Mythos card "Moon Eclipse" should read on the second paragraph "Investigators in The Sea gain 1 extra movement point", not "Will checks in The Sea are made at a +1 bonus".

ENJOY!

(and be sure to leave comments)

Why are all 20 extra Mythos cards Gat Bursts? And why are they all Movement Icon #3 or #6?

-Frank