Deploying fortifications

By GamerDroid, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

I had my first game with fortifications tonight (I didn't want Off Target Shelling, so up went the conditions). The rules state fortifications are deployed by the player during the deployment phase. Are they deployed all at once or piece by piece (as if they were a unit).

What happens if you have no deployment area (I don't think this is possible in the scenario builder but could happen in other games)?

Do fortification placements' have to follow the 4" from other terrain during deployment rule?

Does everything deploy in your area? I bought mines and then realised based on our above assumptions I was littering the area I started with mines. As we also had force collision all the fortifications were doing were creating choke points for ourselves within our own deployment area which made them a hassle to us and no impact on the opposition.

Also when deployiing camouflage I assume that has to be within the deployment zone too. What happens if the piece of terrain is in and out of the deployment zone?

If you attack a camouflaged unit do you measure distance to the camouflage marker or the terrain? Is the first attack only used to reveal the target unit, meaning they take no hits even if a Spray or Burst weapon revealed them?