Is it a really really hard game or we didnt play it corectly

By Lighteens, in Legends of Andor

First we totaly lost in the introductionary legend, and we played the second legend, where we unciver runes and the witch. We barely won ofc with lots of luck. Today we played the third scenarion and everything could be finished in like 15 minutes because the castle was overun. Tell me how can you defeat trols with strengt power of two, and then you cannot defeat a lot of monster because the story marker moves up the track, but you have to kill mothers in order to protect the catsle and not lose completely and beside all of that you have to fullfil the fate card. And there are really strong monster, for instance for a troll you need a lleast thre people. At the beginign of the we had like 10 monsters. If we would kill all of them it would be the end

Is there any chance that you dont move a story marker after defeating a monser and therefore make a game a little bit easier or is it then just too easy? I dont think so hehe xD. So any help. I can believe that so many players tested the game and nobody noticed the replayability factor if you lose all the time. For me its one of the hardest cooperative games ever. Having uck on your side maybe helps a itte but this aone is not a wining condition

Thanks for replys

Well…when I play with my kids I don't move the Legend/story tracker on a bad guy kill. You know so it's easier…"for the kids". :D

That said, it does seem to boil down to how fast you kill, what you kill when, and knowing when to skip killing all together. I'm still getting the hang of it with all the rules in play. I've tried the first scenario a few times, and I seem to do better when I calculate ahead where critters will be (allowing for some to be in the castle, etc)…but the wins have come right down to the wire and feel mostly lucky rather than anything done on my part. ;)

I've only played the first mission of Andor, and it seemed easy, though we were playing wrong. moving the legend marker every time you kill a monster, AND the monsters returning to full health if you fail to kill them, really makes it more of a challenge. I'm excited to get to the rest of the story.

Have you ever played Yggdrasil? It's not fantasy flight, it was made my some small game maker in Germany… but it is pretty fun and difficult as far as co-op games I've played.

It feels hard--but then again, our record is 3 wins/1 loss.--though the intro mission win doesn't really count….. My wife and I have been playing two player--archer & mage… And it definitely felt like we squeeked through a couple times… Having to spend an hour for each round of battle and moving the legend track after each monster makes the game feel pretty relentless… Even though it's basically a resource management game (manage the clock, manage your 3 inventory spaces, manage your WP/extra turns), I still feel like I'm out adventuring!

Actually, when I first played, I misread the rule about team battles--for some reason, I thought you only picked the highest hero roll instead of adding them together… That made the game feel **** impossible…

We just wrapped up a game and won Legend 3, even though we started with 4 trolls on the board. But we got a pretty lucky that all the rune stones appeared very near the castle, and our fates weren't too hard… We finished the game with 3 trolls and a wardrake in the castle, and another troll and a skrall on the verge of breaking in!

Curious... has it gown any easier for you?