Armor Rolls - Cover and LOS Question

By Dcal12, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

I have been playing that if an ability cancels out a Armor roll that the target unit still benefits from Cover is applicable. But, my opponent is telling me that Cover is part of the armor roll, therefore if the armor roll is cancelled so is all cover.

So am I playing correctly?

The other question is Blocked line of sight. If you have a area of trees (soft cover) and the attacker is on one side not touching or in the area of trees and the defender is on the other side again not touching or in the area and all LOS has to go through the area of trees, this LOS is blocked and no attack is made, correct?

Obscured would be rubble or something that is not as tall as the miniatures, but all the LOS or at least 1/2 is traced through the area of rubble?

Thanks, I know basic questions, but I think I am reading into them to much.

Dan

Dcal12 said:

I have been playing that if an ability cancels out a Armor roll that the target unit still benefits from Cover is applicable. But, my opponent is telling me that Cover is part of the armor roll, therefore if the armor roll is cancelled so is all cover.

So am I playing correctly?

Armor and cover are two separate things.

The only ability that lets you ignore both Armor and Cover simultaneously is Sniper.

Burst lets you ignore Cover but not Armor.

Phasers ignore Armor but not Cover.

If an attack includes both Burst and Phaser weapons, then it would ignore both Armor and Cover.

Dcal12 said:

The other question is Blocked line of sight. If you have a area of trees (soft cover) and the attacker is on one side not touching or in the area of trees and the defender is on the other side again not touching or in the area and all LOS has to go through the area of trees, this LOS is blocked and no attack is made, correct?

Obscured would be rubble or something that is not as tall as the miniatures, but all the LOS or at least 1/2 is traced through the area of rubble?

Cover is an issue to go over with your opponent before the game.

Generally if you can see the model through the cover, then you can shoot them. Trees and other soft cover items are one of those things that we always run as obscuring, thus providing cover. Blocked only comes about if the miniature is completely blocked from sight. Behind a wall, building, or some other large, solid structure.