FAQ Questions - Got any new questions guys?

By Toothless_Night_Fury, in Talisman Rules Questions

The_Warlock said:

talismanamsilat said:

See page 15, "Changing Alignment" sub-heading, second paragraph "No character, including the Druid, may change Alignment more than once in any turn."

Sigh llorando.gif . The worst thing is that I was aware of this sentence and believed it was part of an old FAQ. On the contrary it was an important clarification in the new FFG Rulebook, which I should have known. In this case I feel like I'm abusing talismanamsilat's knowledge. gran_risa.gif

Then hear this: in my above example, replace Evil Darkness with Mephistopheles. If you resolve Angel first and switch to Good (=gain one Life), then Mephistopheles can't convert you to Evil because you can change Alignment only once in a Turn. Unless you read it "No character, including the Druid, may choose to change Alignment more than once in any turn." But this is one situation in a thousand possible combinations, it won't happen too often.

Looking forward to know the answer to alboy's question (I would say that without the Staff your Alignment reverts to normal, as printed on the Character Cards).

But mephistopless convert you to evil, if you like it or not, so maybe this overides the rules...?

If you read the rules: no character including the druid may change alignment more than once in any turn.

In my eyes, it's not your free will to change. Mephistoples demands you to become evil !

This is a other situation.

I wonder what talismansilat would say..

It let me think about the hag and jester discussion

Another quick question, lf you land on a draw 1 card space & there are no cards there but only 2 gold, do you take the gold first or draw the card, lf you draw the card first & get teleported to another space do you have to leave the gold behind.

alboy said:

Another quick question, lf you land on a draw 1 card space & there are no cards there but only 2 gold, do you take the gold first or draw the card, lf you draw the card first & get teleported to another space do you have to leave the gold behind.

Gold coins are actually Bag of Gold Cards. Treat Gold Coins as if they were Adventure Cards with nr.5, so you have to draw the card first. If you're teleported, gold stays where it is.

Yes that's how you treat gold coins on a space.

Ell.

Hi Ell,

Can you take a look at the discussion from reply 50.

It's about Mephistoples.

Situation. you draw angel first and before you encounter it, you make yourself good with the druid or druid staff. After that, you encounter mephistoles and he demands you to become evil right? It's not your free will right?

( in the rules is stated that you may only changed one alignment in a turn. If i read that, it's your free will to choose. But mephistoples demands you to become evil. That's a other situation..

talismanamsilat said:

Ell.

Do the coins count in 'draw cards' limit?

8janek8 said:

talismanamsilat said:

Ell.

Do the coins count in 'draw cards' limit?

Janek:

No, coins are not cards.

But you may pick them up, at the same time when you can pick up objects. So you must treat them as a number 5 encounter card

Velhart said:

The_Warlock said:

talismanamsilat said:

See page 15, "Changing Alignment" sub-heading, second paragraph "No character, including the Druid, may change Alignment more than once in any turn."

Sigh llorando.gif . The worst thing is that I was aware of this sentence and believed it was part of an old FAQ. On the contrary it was an important clarification in the new FFG Rulebook, which I should have known. In this case I feel like I'm abusing talismanamsilat's knowledge. gran_risa.gif

Then hear this: in my above example, replace Evil Darkness with Mephistopheles. If you resolve Angel first and switch to Good (=gain one Life), then Mephistopheles can't convert you to Evil because you can change Alignment only once in a Turn. Unless you read it "No character, including the Druid, may choose to change Alignment more than once in any turn." But this is one situation in a thousand possible combinations, it won't happen too often.

Looking forward to know the answer to alboy's question (I would say that without the Staff your Alignment reverts to normal, as printed on the Character Cards).

But mephistopless convert you to evil, if you like it or not, so maybe this overides the rules...?

If you read the rules: no character including the druid may change alignment more than once in any turn.

In my eyes, it's not your free will to change. Mephistoples demands you to become evil !

The Druid or any other character cannot voluntarily change their alignment more than once in any turn according to the rules. However they may have their alignment forcibly changed during the same turn.

Ell.

talismanamsilat said:

Velhart said:

The_Warlock said:

talismanamsilat said:

The Druid or any other character cannot voluntarily change their alignment more than once in any turn according to the rules. However they may have their alignment forcibly changed during the same turn.

Ell.

Thanks ! i was thinking that already.

Conclusion. If you draw the angel and you make yourself good with the druid staff or druid before you encounter it, and second is mephistoples, then you are forced to turn to evil. gui%C3%B1o.gif gran_risa.gif

If misdirection is cast on a character at the Pits or other Inner Region space, must he "turn back" and go all the way to the Plain?

What happens if misdirection is cast on a character who is on the valley of fire?

talismanamsilat said:

Gonad the Ballbarian said:

Scenario: The evil (Rolled a 1 at the Mystic) Minstrel, who has a lion animal follower, the dark unicorn follower, and the staff of Mastery with a Demon mastered, is turned into a slimy little toad. The wizard plays next, and lands on that space where he dropped his items/followers.

a) Is the Demon still mastered, does it go to the discard pile, or does the wizard now fight him?

b) Is the dark unicorn still a follower, or does it revert to an enemy spirt? If the demon must be fought, I supposed its a craft battle vs. 17 craft?

c) Is the lion now an enemy-animal that must be defeated, or does the lion go to the discard pile?

1) The Wizard lands on the space.

2) The first card he must encounter is the Lion which has reverted to being an Enemy Animal.

3) If he defeats it, he must then encounter the Black Unicorn which has reverted to being an Enemy Spirit.

4) If he defeats it, he may take it as a Follower if he so wishes.

5) Finally he may take the Staff of Mastery which still controls the Demon. The Wizard does not need to fight the Demon.

6) Turn ends.

Hmm..

At Staff of Mastery isn't written, that we must put an enslaved Enemy at it, so when we somehow lost the Staff, enslaved enemy because of it is free, then we can enslave another Friend to be with us. I can understand why we should fight with the Lion, even why with the Black Unicorn but to be honest, we also should fight with the Demon.

Not sure if I missed these questions being answered or not, but I took a look through the forums and didn't see them;

1. With the Gladiator and the Mercenary. Can I gain 1 strength from having th mercenary "trained" and then also pay a gold to gain an additional 3 strength for a total bonus of 4?

2. With the Gladiator, does his power affect non-bipedal followers (such as the mule), we've house-ruled that he doesn't but just looking for an official ruling.

Thanks!

My opinion:

xxcommodusxx said:

1. With the Gladiator and the Mercenary. Can I gain 1 strength from having th mercenary "trained" and then also pay a gold to gain an additional 3 strength for a total bonus of 4?

Sure you can. The same applies to all Followers that add Strength or bonuses to Combat roll in battle such as the Colossus.

xxcommodusxx said:

2. With the Gladiator, does his power affect non-bipedal followers (such as the mule), we've house-ruled that he doesn't but just looking for an official ruling.

partido_risa.gif I believe you may include quadrupedes as well. Gladiator can teach fighting to Unicorn and Riding Horse as well. It's ridiculous but considering that simplicity always supersedes realism in Talisman I'm sure nobody is going to make an exception for these Followers.

The_Warlock said:

My opinion:

xxcommodusxx said:

Sure you can. The same applies to all Followers that add Strength or bonuses to Combat roll in battle such as the Colossus.

xxcommodusxx said:

partido_risa.gif I believe you may include quadrupedes as well. Gladiator can teach fighting to Unicorn and Riding Horse as well. It's ridiculous but considering that simplicity always supersedes realism in Talisman I'm sure nobody is going to make an exception for these Followers.

Haha partido_risa.gif

Getting a +1 for having a mule gran_risa.gif

I shall wait until it is clarified, but if you read the text, you may do that demonio.gif

What a Powerguy gran_risa.gif

I agree with that - only monsters or characters that the Assassin moves onto can be attacked in that manner. Otherwise, that is totally unbalanced, not that it would be the first time that's happened.

Agree with you. You don't have to Dice again. You're friend is a bit of a turd, isn't he? ;)

Another question came up.

Does Evil Darkness, Magical Vortex, Horse Thief and Curfew effect characters in the dungeon?

Another question came up.

If the Ghoul has enemy followers and he is turned into a toad or he ditch those followers or dies. What happens with those followers.

Is it the same as the minstrel, so that those followers become enemies again on that space, or must they go to the discard pile because it are resurected followers that are under control of the ghoul?

Another question that is still not answered.

It's about St Josephine.

If you are defeated in a pvp fight ( or maybe a battle or psychic battle?)

When the other player declared they wished to take a life from you , this player declared they wished to play St Josephine.

Can you heal at that moment and then lose a life?(before the other player takes a life from you)

Or can you do it right after you are losing a pvp (or normal battle(psychic) before a player declare to take a life from you?

Or is everything not possible?

The_Warlock said:

alboy said:

Gold coins are actually Bag of Gold Cards. Treat Gold Coins as if they were Adventure Cards with nr.5, so you have to draw the card first. If you're teleported, gold stays where it is.

There is a card from The Dungeon, a magic object that gives you an extra 2 gold coins when you exchange a Bag of Gold card (don't know the name or exact text offhand). Does that work when you land on gold coins as well, then?

LinkN said:

The_Warlock said:

alboy said:

There is a card from The Dungeon, a magic object that gives you an extra 2 gold coins when you exchange a Bag of Gold card (don't know the name or exact text offhand). Does that work when you land on gold coins as well, then?

I don't know that card either, however from Your words I can say, that You cannot. It works only when You draw card named:

- Bag of Gold

- Two Bags of Gold

- Three Bags of Gold

and You're gonna to exchange it to Gold coins. It don't affect any other "gold-gaining".

LinkN said:

The_Warlock said:

Since I finally have a copy of Dungeon in my hands, I confirm we're talking of a Magic Object named Gold Seeker that has following text:

Whenever you exchange any Bag of Gold Card, you gain 2 additional Gold. You may discard the Gold Seeker at the Ruins to gain 3 Gold.

Gold coins are treated like Bag of Gold Cards for the purpose of card drawing, but they're not cards anymore, because they do not count as cards towards Draw Card Spaces. With respect to Gold Seeker, they have already been "exchanged" and you can't do it again.

If we try to give some thematical sense to the Object, it increases your Gold findings when you draw and exchange Bag of Gold cards. It helps you find more Gold, but it's not a Gold multiplier. Otherwise you'll be able to increase Gold obtained by the Enrich Spell, Cave, Tomb, Miser Dragon and similar occasions.

However, this requires a FAQ.