Some Campaign Hades questions…

By Fook, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

1) How are vehicles handled in terms of casulty rolls- do they make them?

2) Do Heroes make casualty rolls if they take a point of damage?

3) it appears the only skill vehicles can get is Hades Veteran, correct?

4) page 45: "Units with the Team special ability invert the results of their casualty rolls.." -What the hell is the "Team ability" and where can i find it (searched all over the place to no avail, i just cant find it)

Also, anyone have any luck running this campaign w/ just two people? if so, what rules have you tweaked?

We're just starting out a modified map I altered and set up w/ 3 platoons to a side to see how it plays… be curious to see how other people have dealt with the balance when reduced to two.

4. Team - See page 43 of the core rules, it's an ability only the two man squads (snipers/observers) have

Haha omg… Oh yeah! So obvious I missed it! Thank you!

Anyone else on Hades? Not a lot of discussion on it at all, my fear is the same as posted in the other thread- that Dust Warfare/Tactics will die a slow drawn out death. There just isn't the hub of sustained excitement and discussion activity as there once was :( then again this is one of those rare simple and elegant games where there just isn't a lot of debate- things just tend to work (well, work when you can remember simple rules like "Team")

Fook said:

4) page 45: "Units with the Team special ability invert the results of their casualty rolls.." -What the hell is the "Team ability" and where can i find it (searched all over the place to no avail, i just cant find it)

Also, anyone have any luck running this campaign w/ just two people? if so, what rules have you tweaked?

We're just starting out a modified map I altered and set up w/ 3 platoons to a side to see how it plays… be curious to see how other people have dealt with the balance when reduced to two.

I think you are mixing and matching Warfare and Tactics. Let me start by saying, I know nothing about Tactics at all.

1. In Warfare, there are no casualty rolls only armor rolls (which all units normally get to make). Vehicles that take damage may suffer effects on the vehicle damage table.

2. See #1.

3. There are no skills in Warfare.

I think you need to post your questions on the Tactics forums.

Nope, referring to the the new warfare campaign book:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3781

the questions have to do with post game clean up and unit experience rolls with multiwound single models. I can't seem to find any concrete statement as to how heroes and vehicles are handled in these rules, Just wondering if other people may have made sense of it

My bad. You are talking about the Hades Campaign in the Warfare book. Ignore my previous post.

Fook said:

1. One model, One dice if eliminated from battle.

2. No, if they are eliminated from battle, they get one die.

Casualty roles are made only if a model is removemd from the table. Also note: Heroes joined to units that are eliminated will make casualty rolls seperate from the unit the where attached to.

3. Yes. Heroes aswell. Veteran is a special ability earned from xp roles in campaign. It is not a unit upgrade.

4. Core rules page 43 box. It should be under Special Abilities section, but it is not.

5. We are playing the campaign with 6 and it is challenging. You will have to modify it alot to run with fewer. Hope it goes well.

@Mav

As per question #2 and hero casualties, do the new multimodel/wound single unitl bases like the Axis 3 man squads follow the same rules as heroes then I assume? Whole bases eliminated before casualty rolls?

That is a very good question. I do believe it follows the same logic. No casualty roll unless the model leaves the table. If it does, it gets one dice. This is similiar to a mech with multiple wounds. So there are advantages to this, multiple wounds, and the disadvantage of one dice.

MORE Questions:

A Blutkreuz Command section makes a successful Wiederbelegungserum order and raises multiple solo zombies.

Next battle. Are tey there or not? I would want to keep these solos myself.

HADES Axis Heavy Weapon Teams: How many suppression markers suppress them?

Thanks

Yet another question!

When you are building your platoon, are you stuck with any platoon upgrde you take? The rules for spending AP say you can use it on units but it doesn't say anything about platoon upgrades…Should I assume that I have to keep whatever upgrade I started with?

WIth zombies that have been "made" on the battlefield, I would say, since they are not a unit, and cannot take objectives in a game, they are not included in your platoon from one campaign game to the next. Besides, you get the original model back that was lost if you make your casualty roll.

As for platoon upgrades, it is not expressed in the rules that I have seen. To extend this question, what if you lose your command section? Can you change the "type of platoon" by replacing it with another type of command section. For example, in our campaign, I have Sturmgrenadiere Platoon, but I considered changing to a Blutkreuz Platoon if I lose my command section in a campaign game. At that point I re examine my platoon upgrade. I am going to leave the decision if this is allowable to the guy running the campaign unless we recieve clarification on it before that time.

Just off the top of my head, I would say the platoon is trained or equiped a certain way and that should remain from campaign game to campaign game. There could be exceptions to this in specific cases, as in the example I mentioned above. That said, I have not "official" information on this and would leave it up to the person running the campaign or what is agreed upon by the people in the campaign.

simpatikool said:

Page 20 of the Hades campaign book says the "Basic Unit: 3 Heavy Storm Grenadiers"

Page 47 of the Core rules states "Whenever a Soldier unit has more Suppression markers than it has miniatures left alive, it is retreating."

Since it appears that all miniatures of the "basic unit" are alive until the unit takes 3 damage, then it would require 4 suppression markers to force this unit to retreat. If there is a better interpretation on this, I would like to hear it.

Otherwise suppression would effect the unit as normal for a soldier unit.

Maverickg said:

simpatikool said:

Page 20 of the Hades campaign book says the "Basic Unit: 3 Heavy Storm Grenadiers"

Page 47 of the Core rules states "Whenever a Soldier unit has more Suppression markers than it has miniatures left alive, it is retreating."

Since it appears that all miniatures of the "basic unit" are alive until the unit takes 3 damage, then it would require 4 suppression markers to force this unit to retreat. If there is a better interpretation on this, I would like to hear it.

Otherwise suppression would effect the unit as normal for a soldier unit.

I dont know where I saw it, Zach maybe? But I believe they only count as one mode. So 2 Suppression can equal retreat.

Maverickg said:

As for platoon upgrades, it is not expressed in the rules that I have seen. To extend this question, what if you lose your command section? Can you change the "type of platoon" by replacing it with another type of command section. For example, in our campaign, I have Sturmgrenadiere Platoon, but I considered changing to a Blutkreuz Platoon if I lose my command section in a campaign game. At that point I re examine my platoon upgrade. I am going to leave the decision if this is allowable to the guy running the campaign unless we recieve clarification on it before that time.

I would say it would be fine to replace a different command squad as long as the existing units in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4 positions are leagal units for that platoon. :) The guy running the campaign sounds like a cool dude! I wish he lived near me.

I am wondering, if you fill your platoon (command section, command section's support, section 1, 2, 3 and 4, and the two support section) and do not have/want any hero, do I have to save any points until something gets killed?

What about building past 150? Say I have the AP to spend. What rule says I can't as long as it is legal and 1 platoon?

I agree, we have been increasing our platoon size past 150 with AP earned in the campaign.

As for multiple figures on one base, in regards to suppression and retreat, please see the clarification on the latest FAQ.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3897

As it turns out I was wrong. My apologies.

We are letting the size go past 150,but only allowing one command section.

We are attempting a "two" player campaign. Working on how that will work has been a bit of a pain. Thus far we have both taken two platoons in our factions and both represent ONE allies platoon. I'm axis he's SSU. There's gotta be a way to set up a "remote" campaign…just takes some honesty and shouldn't really be that hard. Could have protected forums for factions. A general forum for determining game types per the week and an Moderater only results forum. There's a part of me that finds the fact that there would be "wars" on multiple fronts - to be amazingly cool. I guess you could even split up the map to truly reflect it. Each "front" would have to still communicate and coordiate with other to maintain where placement might be. You could even share the army lists with one another so that I may have to play my colleagues army against my buddy with the outcome being posted and the moderator making the decision based on faction wins coupled with total AP losses.

We allow AP to exceed 150, but you can only have ONE platoon. So if you are full up - then those points go to your reserve - but it might be a bit fun to make that AP shareable to your colleagues…just like in war - sometimes that favor of shifting a unit around can change the tides of battle.

Any interest in developing a remote campaing system for those of us where campaign players are limited?