Phasers Questions but not only phasers !

By caps2, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

Hi everybody, sorry for my bad english, i will try to explain as well as i can. The rule for Phasers speaks : "Armors rolls cannot be taken against an Attack Action that includes a Phaser Weapon.Cover may still reduce the damage from a Phaser weapon as normal."

And the rulebook speaks about an "Attack action" : Pick target unit (s) and allocate weapon (s) firing.

So, for example, i have a Cobra with Phaser,cal.30 and cal.50. I choose to pick 3 targets units and fire unit A with phaser , unit B with cal.30 and unit C with cal.50.

If i understand well, all the target units cannot make armors rolls according the Phasers Rule even if i don't shoot phasers to unit B and C. Is correct ?

The same question can be made if i use grenade or burst weapon.

Thanks

only the target of the phaser attack is denied an armor save.

grenades will only deny cover saves to the target, that is why you want to throw at least 1 grenade to each target.

Since this is the only phaser question thread the search got me I'd like to ask a follow up question here: phasers vs. effects of cover.

The rules for armor rolls state, that soft or hard cover give bonus successes to this roll.

The rules for phasers state however, that the target can't take an armor roll (as asked above and clarified in the FAQ), but the effects of cover still count.

How can they still count, if I can't make any armor roll at all, where then and only then they would be the bonus successes?

Could this be clarified in the FAQ maybe, too?

(Please do excuse my bad english, too. German fan of Dust Warfare here. ;) )

scorpnoire said:

How can they still count, if I can't make any armor roll at all, where then and only then they would be the bonus successes?

The general idea is that Cover is not dependent on Armor. In the rule book it is worded poorly and in such a way that would make Phasers unstoppable.

So, cover does apply to Phaser attacks, Armor does not.