SSU Airblaster and others problem.

By Lska2, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Gentlemen in my recent discussion with our local SSU player a question arised.

How many of it's limited ammo weapons can a attack helo like Airblaster use?

Each of those limited weapons like napalm or bombs has 2 loads. On one hand like Steel Rain it schould be able to unleash the whole fury of it's weaponry. On the other on 24 page of Zverograd unit description it says "you cannot use both of them in the same activation" or sth similar. But there is no mentioning of that in other heli rules. The example for that is that there is only one helo model so only one of limited ammo weapons can be used. Opinions?

Yep, it's pretty straightforward. As with any Limited-Ammo weapon, you can only use in a single attack as much ammo as you have figures. So for a single chopper, only a single instance of each Limited-Ammo weapon can be used per attack.

The Steel Rain's rockets are NOT a Limited-Ammo weapon, they are are a Volley Blast weapon (page 24) which can be used all at once.

Yup, thanks for the input.

Now the heli tactics need to be revised in our tactics group:D

OK so i have another question about heli's hope Loophore or anyone else can clarify that.

In Zverograd PDF under the Carry Capacity ability it states that when a vehicle carrying a unit gets destroyed you not only throw dice for wounds but ALSO the units gets activated beacouse of the crash! On the other hand in Cerberus there is no such ruling. Indeed you wound soldiers that where inside while your fireball/punisher was destroyed but there is not a word about activation. So it only applies to flying units? The ruling isn't clear about that at all.

Ruling from Zverograd :

If the vehicle is destroyed while carrying soldiers, the player who controls the vehicle

rolls one die at a time for each miniature that is inside the vehicle. When rolling
for a soldier, that soldier is eliminated on a result. When rolling for a hero, that
hero loses one on a result. The remaining miniatures in the unit are then
placed into any space the vehicle occupied and count as having activated this turn
Ruling from Cerberus:
If the vehicle is destroyed while carrying soldiers, the player who controls the vehicle
rolls one die at a time for each miniature that is inside the vehicle. When rolling for a
soldier, that soldier is eliminated on a result. When rolling for a hero, that hero loses
one on a result.

That's a major change in the rules i say!

It looks like they updated the rules in Zverograd, I always found it a bit odd that soldiers bailing out of a vehicle could carry on as if nothing happened. Good find, I wish FFG would tell us when rules are changed.

Agreed. On the other hand maybe only if you crash from above you get activated:P