Tracker App for iOS

By Rince, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I'm glad you like it. :)

Version 2.5 is submitted to Apple for review and should hit the app store in about a week (unless, of course, I screwed up something with the new 64bit architecture :P ).

Hi all,

The new version of AN Tracker is out now with two new features (and several smaller tweaks):

1. On the iPad, the app now automatically tracks your credit and agenda progression, and when you save a matchup into the database, the app generates a chart, showing how these values changed throughout the game. You will get a screen like this:

mzl.fxfsgcnf.png

As you can see on the picture, you can then save this image into the photo gallery on your iPad or discard it. I believe this chart is a really cool new feature for those who wish to see an in-depth view of their games, and I hope many of you will find it useful. Here are a few answers to the questions I know will surely surface in many of your minds:

- Yes I am currently looking into the possibility to integrate this feature into the iPhone version (but without agenda counters, of course, thanks to the obvious size restriction on the smaller devices).

- Due to the size of the image the app generates, it is not possible to save them into the database with the rest of the data (one image is about 500 kilobytes, and they would quickly render the save file unmanageable).

2. The second feature is a long asked intelligent suggestion box for the save menu. When you fill out the various text boxes, the app will now give you suggestion based on the already saved names and comments and auto fills the boxes if you select one. This greatly reduces the time it takes to save a game into the database, to just 3-5 seconds. This feature is available on both iPhone and iPad.

Beside these two, I have made several small tweaks that are mentioned in the update notes, including new icons that are (I hope) more descriptive to the game.

I hope you guys will enjoy this new update and keep using AN Tracker in the future. If you like what I am doing, please consider leaving me a 5-star review in the app store.

- Rince

p.s.: As the app grows so does the possibility for bugs and mistakes. If you encounter anything that you think might be an error, please send me a private message and I'll look right into it. I am also open for suggestions, comments, and criticism! :)

Hi all,

It has been a while since I last worked on the app or even looked at how it is doing on the App Store. I just assumed everything is working fine and nobody has any complaints. As it is unlikely, I am here to ask if anyone has any comments, suggestions, and/or criticism he or she would like to lay on me.

To me the, the app is more or less finished; I feel I have made everything the platform allowed (except maybe iCloud syncing, which may come in the future). But this does not mean that there could be no tweeks or adjustments to make the experience better. So, I am listening if anyone has anything to say.

- R.

my only concern is I have seen discussions where this type of program runs afoul of the Tournament Rules on aids to note-taking.

my only concern is I have seen discussions where this type of program runs afoul of the Tournament Rules on aids to note-taking.

The app is not tournament legal of course, as I believe only official FFG products can be used in a tournament.

That being said, this app does not take notes in any way nor does it aid any such activity. It simply replaces some of the tokens in the game and gives the user a few handy statistics (but those come after a match and do not influence the gameplay whatsoever).

While I obviously don't see this app being used at World's, for instance, I have seen it at many store championships and even some regionals. It is up to the app organizer if he or she allows the use of it. For instance, I've seen the iPad version's history feature utilized at tournaments to track if a player spent the correct amount of credits. It can be extremely handy at times to keep accurate count of credits spent and therefore prevent accidental cheating.

I haven't heard of AN Tracker, it looks like a good iOS tracking app. Usually I see the most used tools like Followmee GPS, GPS TRACKER, I have used Followmee GPS and it looks good.

Edited by cartercc