Physical dice available when?

By Armenius Orson Carrick, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Agree, the point of the dice mechanic is that you have a reasonable chance of suceeding but even if you fail you have a reasonable chance of something beneficial happening. Taking that away it simply comes down to how many dice you have, you may as well just flip a coin. I really like the dice, I was concerned when I first heard about them but I have come to appreciate the change.
E

venkelos said:

few blank character sheets, so you can photocopy them, without forcing your book into a copier/scanner"

This is never going to happen. They'll have a character sheet in .pdf form that we can download and print. I think wasting a page of the book for a character sheet is stupid. I haven't used a book to print a characte sheet in a decade.

I've been out of touch for a while, but is there going to be a change in dice?? How about those in Beginner Game, they follow the Beta? I sincerely hope they won't be making any changes especially since so many people (Beta-owners) buy the Beginner Game for the dice most likely…

What would those changes be anyway? I remember something being said about Challenge/Proficiency dice, but not sure what it was exactly.

Wulfherr said:

I've been out of touch for a while, but is there going to be a change in dice?? How about those in Beginner Game, they follow the Beta? I sincerely hope they won't be making any changes especially since so many people (Beta-owners) buy the Beginner Game for the dice most likely…

What would those changes be anyway? I remember something being said about Challenge/Proficiency dice, but not sure what it was exactly.

What was mentioned was a change in mechanics, not on the dice themselves. It was suggested by some to increase what a Triumph was worth on the dice. FFG hasn't made any change on their end in the Beta updates or the beginners box.