SF4 Gamertags

By Viewtiful_Joe, in UFS Off Topic

Well, I'm out of the game for a while. Funny part is : My stick is wired. My two front USB ports for the 360 are fried. No red ring, just... two ports that refuse to work.

Only port that works is the back, and for serious, that's the port I have to use for the Wireless doohickey (thank you eBay for getting that on the cheap or else it was no intarwebz gaming for me). So I either play SF4 online with NO stick (something which I refuse to do) or I play SF4 offline with a stick.

GouHadou said:

the thing with that is, there are few moves more enraging than getting hit with spammed Presses.

they're blockable if you stand - unless they Press close to you, and it becomes a crossup that hits you full anyway. and once you block one or two, they can just do the throw that hits if you're standing.

you get hit crouching, you get hit standing, you get thrown standing... of course their gonna try to reversal it. it's not exactly the most balanced move in the game, and the speed that it has it ridiculous.

Spammed Presses should be BANNED. that's right i said it.

You apparently haven't gotten caught up yet by the awesomeness/gayness that is standing heavy punch + dash cancel + standing heavy punch. El Fuerte has more up his mask then spammed presses.

also hatman, do you have a USB hub you can use? if not, you should be able to pick up one for like... $5-10 somewhere...

quarzark said:

also hatman, do you have a USB hub you can use? if not, you should be able to pick up one for like... $5-10 somewhere...

Yah I do but since I carry the console around like nobody's business (for RB) I'd rather not have to do so. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. It's still under Warranty until April, though, so I might want to use that.

Time to start adding people.

XBL players, get ready to accept your friend requests soon!

I'm beerbutt69 on X box live.

PSN tag : SuperCass

Just started playing, but after much unsuccess, Rose is now officially my favorite. An almost unblockable Ultra? hell yes!

Cass said:

Just started playing, but after much unsuccess, Rose is now officially my favorite. An almost unblockable Ultra? hell yes!

it's blockable... just not if they're airborne. or... doing ANYTHING except blocking :D

GouHadou said:

Cass said:

it's blockable... just not if they're airborne. or... doing ANYTHING except blocking :D

instant hell murder for example....

yeah. akuma and gief have true 'unblockables'

PSN ID is "mazzurco"

post too short blah blah blah

quarzark said:

You apparently haven't gotten caught up yet by the awesomeness/gayness that is standing heavy punch + dash cancel + standing heavy punch. El Fuerte has more up his mask then spammed presses.

It's also impossibly difficult to pull off.

It's not as simple as it sounds. You have to CANCEL the heavy punch into the Habanero Dash of your choice, then hit low punch from the Habanero Dash for the Sudden Stop, then hit heavy punch again and cancel that into Habanero Dash...

Hard Trial 10 for El Fuerte is hitting three heavy punches in a combo. Guess what they want you to do...

GouHadou said:

yeah. akuma and gief have true 'unblockables'

guitalex2008 said:

It's not as simple as it sounds. You have to CANCEL the heavy punch into the Habanero Dash of your choice, then hit low punch from the Habanero Dash for the Sudden Stop, then hit heavy punch again and cancel that into Habanero Dash...

Hard Trial 10 for El Fuerte is hitting three heavy punches in a combo. Guess what they want you to do...

Couldn't you like... Heavy Punch, LP Habanero Dash and then negative edge for the Sudden Stop?

Homme Chapeau said:

guitalex2008 said:

Couldn't you like... Heavy Punch, LP Habanero Dash and then negative edge for the Sudden Stop?

not an el fuerte player but NE usually doesnt work for non specials and for cancels. Examples are CvS2 agroove. You cant NE a Shoshosho into a FP by releasing FP.

Due to no directional input, not sure how the game looks at the sudden stop, but i would assume (with nothing to base it on and without testing) that NE may not work in this case.

The whole reason NE exists is so that if a player attempts a hadoken, and presses punch slightly early, the game will see the release of the button as an input (only for the special)

NE was originalyl implemented as a programming method to not be so strict on the controls. The brokenness of using it to RC ken's funky kick, etc was all unintentional, lol.

That being said its a coin toss of wether or not NE works for the sudden stop...im at work for another 9 hours but someone has to test this and post results. Would give me a reason to pick up el fuerte...

IF by negative edge you mean does releasing the button count as pressing it, I've HEARD it does but it hasn't worked for me for the Sudden Stop.

There's a big chance that the pause after the HP connects is throwing me off, but I've tried unsuccessfully.

I suppose if you time the LP exactly right then let it go, there's a chance the releasing the LP WILL count as that negative edge thingy. Again, I've tried unsuccessfully, but perhaps my timing is off.

Besides, who needs an infinite to rock a shoto's world with El Fuerte? :P

guitalex2008 said:

Besides, who needs an infinite to rock a shoto's world with El Fuerte? :P

Only reason is that it'd make it easier for El Fuerte's Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe Series of Chops to connect.