Additional radioman for the Axis and ordering out-of-range units

By Tarus, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

Last saturday we played our first game of DW and it was a blast. We didn't do everything right, of course, but we are learning from our mistakes. Next time will be glorious!

Anyway, I have several doubts that I hope you can help me with:

1) An Axis' Command Section can "upgrade" with an additional Radioman. Does it mean that the Command Section can give an order to two out-of-range units in the Command Phase?

2) When a hero joins a unit and is deployed with an Air Drop "upgrade", both units are deployed at the same time? I think so because a hero can't join to a unit after deployment.

3) If two units have several of their miniatures in base contact at opposing sides of a low wall, can they fight ignoring cover? Not only in close combat but in range combat too.

That's all for now. Thank you beforehand!

Tarus said:

Last saturday we played our first game of DW and it was a blast. We didn't do everything right, of course, but we are learning from our mistakes. Next time will be glorious!

Anyway, I have several doubts that I hope you can help me with:

1) An Axis' Command Section can "upgrade" with an additional Radioman. Does it mean that the Command Section can give an order to two out-of-range units in the Command Phase?

2) When a hero joins a unit and is deployed with an Air Drop "upgrade", both units are deployed at the same time? I think so because a hero can't join to a unit after deployment.

3) If two units have several of their miniatures in base contact at opposing sides of a low wall, can they fight ignoring cover? Not only in close combat but in range combat too.

That's all for now. Thank you beforehand!

1 - Yes

2 - Yes the hero joins the unit, airdrop is shared

3 - no cover for close combat… whether cover is ignored would be determined by the position of the unit leaders… unit leaders ignore terrain they are in (or touching) for purposes of cover… if the unit leader(s) are both touching the wall then both sides would ignore cover to each other regardless of where the rest of the troops were… assuming they have line of sight to each other over the wall.

Great. Thank you mariettabrit!

The additional radioman is really interesting then. We used it as if it were an additional (and expendable) miniature in the unit and a replacement for the other radioman. Being able to give orders to two out-of-range units in the command phase, instead of one, is really great. And cheap!

Yeah throw an extra radio-man and a hero in your command group and you get lots of extra wounds to keep your team alive :)