Online dice roller

By daddystabz, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

It's not an online dice roller, but I made an excel spreadsheet to roll dice and give results. If anyone is interested here's a link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pbo3kad6a49chjg

mindshadow2k said:

Yeah I made a quick and easy dice rolling macro for d6 for a friend for running Star Wars through maptool a few years ago hehe.

Mine was kind of custom. We used the Success counting system from DC Heros game (4-6 = 1 success) instead of counting up all the dice. We eliminated all the +1 and +2 to stats, etc. I had made one that would ask how many D to roll. you would put in say "5" and it would roll and 4 and the Wild Die…. then print out successes.

So, here is a little something I can post when done if anyone wants it. This is just a teaser, but I want them to look a bit more like dice than just the faces…

Despair.png

Looks really nice! Much nicer than my copy and paste's :) .

mindshadow2k said:

Looks really nice! Much nicer than my copy and paste's :) .

Cool. I will post a zip of all the dice when I get them done. Might be a while though, I was just playing with this right now. Probably start working on this in the next week or so. Also I think the symbol will be a bit smaller. The ones with 2 results are about the same size as one. so I will probably use the same sizing method… however… Triumph and Despair WILL be big like this. Also, the dice size in general will perhaps be smaller. I will have to play with it in MapTools.

They will have in the name somewhere, the die result (as reference to the chart) so they match exactly without having to look it up. So a name like BLK-02.png, meaning Black "2" roll result. I will have to figure out how I want exactly to do it though since some sides have the same thing. Untimately I want them to be in Numbic order though for ease. I will probably have to start making them before I decide.

MindShadow, it might be cool enough if we build this out a bit… to break this out into a thread about "MapTools Online Support". Whatta you think? Easier to find if people use it.

Yeah if it going to focus mainly on providing utilities designed specifically for that then it certainly would make sense so that it can remained more focused and those that do not even care to use it as an online tool can ignore it :) .

At the beggining of this year with a friend developed a Twitter Dice Roller Daemon named "Ask Dadinci". Right now you can use the table 1-1 in page 12 of the manual to convert result.

The instruction are in this page

FOR EXAMPLE:

If you need to roll 2 ability, 1 proficiency, 1 difficulty and 1 set back you can ask Dadinci:
@dadinci 2d8+1d12+1d8+1d6

In this example Dadinci answered:
@filupa 17 [2/3][7][3][2] (all individual die rolls between square brackets)

Using the table 1-1 in page 12 this roll was:
1º Ability = 2 => SUCCESS
2º Ability = 3 => SUCCESS
Proficiency = 7 => SUCCESS + ADVANTAGE
Diffciculty = 3 => FAILURE x2
SetBack = 2 => BLANK
-------------------------
The FINAL RESULT for this pool was: ONE SUCCESS + ONE ADVANTAGE
-------------------------

I hope this can help.

It's is possible in some time we add the Edge of the Empire "Custon System"

Greeting

FILUPA

I have been playing with making these look like dice and it seems to be (esp on the d12), the dice are all too large or the symbols are too small. I think I am abandoning my plan and going with your idea.

I might also just make a generic token like symbol that has the color so you know what die, and perhaps a small number in the corner that says "d6" or something.

By the way, the table thing works really awesome. I have not built the roller yet. Thanks again for showing me this. I had never messed with the tables in MapTools.

Hehe yeah tables can open a new world for you in MapTools that is for sure :) . Glad I could show you a new toy that you can use to make your life hopefully easier (and probably more difficult because now you have more options hehe).