Koshka and Grand'ma

By Wolfscout, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

So can Koshka and Grand'ma be separate units on the board or must they be used together with Koshka piloting? There is mention in the rules that she can board or disembark as she will, but nothing about her HAVING to pilot the walker. Also if the walker is destroyed does Koshka disembark and fight on her own. FURTHER, if she is piloting the vehicle are her points paid for with the vehicle or are her points added to the army total as if she were a separate unit?

Koshka and Grandma may be used as separate units or together. Koshka counts as passenger, see does not pilot the walker. Again they are two separate unis and so yes you must pay points for both of them

Thought so but wasn't sure. Thanks!

can you use fighting spirit when Koshka is with a different unit or is it onyl used wehn piloting Grand MA?

Think so.

so if grand ma moves then fighting spirit can be activated?

and then if Koshka leaves grandma and attacks she will also get to use fighting spirit in the same turn?

and one other thing…..

If Koshka is piloting Grand Ma does Koshka need to activate and pass if she wants to stay piloting Grand Ma like troops do now when in a vehicle with carry skill?

badgertheking said:

and then if Koshka leaves grandma and attacks she will also get to use fighting spirit in the same turn?

The fighting spirit skill states a move action must be made before it is used.

Yes as long as Koshka and Grandma are on the same square and therefor part of the same unit.

badgertheking said:

and one other thing…..

If Koshka is piloting Grand Ma does Koshka need to activate and pass if she wants to stay piloting Grand Ma like troops do now when in a vehicle with carry skill?

I don't understand what you mean activate and pass? Are you by chance refering to Dust Warfare?

badgertheking said:

and one other thing…..

No, the pair just count as a unit in the same way as heroes with soldier units.

Ineed. She's not the same as a carried unit.

So in that case do they share wounds?

Mr_Brightside said:

So in that case do they share wounds?

Seems very flawed to me…

Either she is part of the unit and shares wounds or she is riding it like a transport and acts seperate…. It makes piloting quite useless as it stands as there is no benifit other than the skill share….. Which is no different to when a hero joins a unit.

Will this work?

Why not just read the rules carefully?

When piloting a vehicle, both units activate at the same time, unless the Hero intends to disembark the vehicle. If the Hero disembarks he must do so before the vehicle activates during the turn.

A pilot works neither exactly like a Hero attached to a squad, nor a soldier being carried by a transport. The pilot shares his skills with the walker and activates along with it, but they do not share wounds. For the hero to disembark and use his skill, he must do so before the walker is activated, so they can't both use the skill in the same turn.

Hahahaha Funny…..

How many times have the rules changed…….

badgertheking said:

How many times have the rules changed…….

Pilot rules? None.

We already had the discussion a month or more ago. I agree that it seems logical and within the game mechanics that pilot heroes should share hit points with what they are piloting. The same as a hero shares hit points with any other unit it joins.

Further it would justify the point cost of the hero and make the SSU more competitive.

All of this however is mute as the rules boys at FRG or Dust say no they do not share hit points I asked.

They maintain that the pilot is a passenger and does not therefor share hit points.
The rules boys are not effected by logic or common sense. They have proved that many times, sucks don't it!

Ummm how in VK name sharing a human person's health with pieces of metal and stuff seems logic? :D

BUt for real i don't rly get the pilot idea. After using her ability and getting walker destroyed they schould be able to join a squad IMO.

What I mean is when a hero joins a squad they share hit points. So if a hero pilots a walker wouldn't they become one unit and therefor share hit points?

Besides the the the Grandma Koshka combination isn't worth the points any other way.

I am not saying the the two merge but the pilot matters. You can put me in the best fighter plane in the world and guess what? Its going to crash because I can't fly a plane.

As for the join another squad that makes sense to me, but again the rules boys say no!

Hmm i wonder, what if she disembarks and there is no one else to pilot the walker? :D Self-destruction:D

Considering the hero-walker connection in health, they would need to increase the point-cost of pilot then as 9 life walker would be a hard time getting down;)

The rules state you can field Koshka or Grandma by themselves. Besides no other walker have pilots. Not represented in the game anyway.

As I said I don't think you have to increase the points at all.

Yes the that does give the unit 9 Hit points, but it costs 54 points for Koshka and Grandma. That is equal a heavy walkers points!

Lets face it Grandmas weapons are short ranged like most all SSU units. Those extra hit points would allow you to close and do some real damage.

In the games I have played against the SSU, Grandma gets smoked by my long range Axis fire power.

I haven't ever seen 54 points hvy walker;)

It's more of a armored medium walker. I guess it could cost that much if after walker destruction the pilot would die, no longer being able to support your troops. (Not that it can in fact atm).

I just came up with an idea, why not try an online battle of Axis vs SSU ? We made such battles on BBG few months ago, it would be a good tester of units not yet released.

Just received Op. Zverograd so didn't had the time to play yet…but you guys have me confused lol.

- Koshka joins Grand'ma = They activate as one unit and they only share their skills?

- Grand'ma dies while Koshka is piloting = Koshka don't die, but she disembark and can be activated next turn?

- Koshka is piloting Grand'ma and want to disembark = Koshka disembark BEFORE activating Grand'ma, so you proceed with Grand'ma acitvation. Then you can activate Koshka on the same turn?

- Can Koshka re-embark Grand'ma on a following turn after she disembarked the walker?

- What's the point of having Koshka piloting Grand'ma? Can't see the benefits…

I'm not sure but:

1+2 = YES

You need to activate Koshka, disembark, make an action. hten your enemy activates his unit. THEN you can use grand'ma. If i remember correctly you cannot get back into the walker, just like into a squad. The benefit is that with Koshka the Grandm'a gets her special once per game ability.