Moving the IS-5's

By Major Mishap, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

A speculative question, the new SSU tanks will take up 2 squares, possibly four if they go OTT. Being tracked vehicles and incapable of moving sideway's, do you think DT will disallow sideways movement?

I've got a few tanks and have started to use them and was thinking that to move tanks you move the front square of the tank and the rear of the tank moves to the vacated square, This would give more realistic movement for tanks but don't know if its an uneccessary complication or not, thoughts?

No facing so I would think they can move in any direction. I also think they will take up four squares.

Agreed.

Yeah, I guess they wil keep the rules simple. Don't think the tanks will be 2 squares wide though looking at the picture and using the MG as a size guide. Also the turret is as wide as the hull and those 85mm are very close together, no need for a turret 2 squares wide.

Having played most of my at43 games on a city board without a grid I always assumed the movement was from the front of the vehicle, the ass end just followed the natural flow when turning. It kept things simple lacking a gridded surface. Now with a grid I just keep the same policy and rotate as needed. I have not played a lot of games so I cannot speak from extensive trials but like I said it kept at43 city boards fair.