new faq

By kamacausey, in CoC General Discussion

Runix said:

Also note that Canopic Jar likewise prevents additional copies of a unique player from being put into play,

I have to say, I'd be pretty upset if I were playing and the opponent put a copy of me into play.

eirei said:

Runix said:

Also note that Canopic Jar likewise prevents additional copies of a unique player from being put into play,

I have to say, I'd be pretty upset if I were playing and the opponent put a copy of me into play.

Meh, I love it when people play me against me. Good times. ;)

Argh! Didn't get to my post quickly enough to edit it. Oh well, enjoy the free laugh, I guess, you all know what I mean. happy.gif

eirei said:

Meh. I've played enough videogames from the 80's that having to fight against another version of yourself seems pretty normal to me.

Magnus Arcanis said:

eirei said:

Runix said:

Meh, I love it when people play me against me. Good times. ;)

Says the man who actually has a card named for him lengua.gif I'd love to see me played in there as well! But alas, there were no programmers back then, only people who sought to automate looms. Maybe that's what I could be! An insane spinner…

COCLCG said:

hahaha. oh hellfury. you make me laugh. even when im trying to encourage new players you still have to stick your nose in.

What encouragement? That patronizing pat on the head to a vet was encouragement? Congratulations, COCLCG. You have single handedly made this consumer completely turned off from this game and this forum intolerable to read with your insults to everyone who might even slightly disagree with your lunatic rantings with your fly off the handle responses. All while you act like the victim and claim to change. You could at least be entertaining when you troll.Put another notch in your flame bait belt. Here is one more member who cannot stand to read your numerous pleas for validation. I have learned your alignment; and it is Chaotic Stupid. Ban me. The **** has been scraped off of my heels. Any locals in the Portland/Vancouver area want to give my cards a good home, let me know.

[ADMIN: Post deleted for personal attacks. Use our forums to share your opinions and your enthusiasm for the game. Just keep it clean, keep it civil, and keep it appropriate for audiences of all ages. Thank you.]

ok. that was a defensive reply and i apologise. i hope you continue with the game. i wont be on here anymore. problem solved. perhaps i am a lunatic, and i certainly have issues, but ive never claimed to be the innocent so i dont know where thats coming from.

i simply mistook this 'vet' who was claiming that the ONLY way was power drain to stop glimpse of the void, as a new player ( but must in fact just be a very narrow minded one ). but anyhows, im gone, you can stay and enjoy the normal peoples input.

COCLCG said:

i simply mistook this 'vet' who was claiming that the ONLY way was power drain to stop glimpse of the void, as a new player ( but must in fact just be a very narrow minded one ). but anyhows, im gone, you can stay and enjoy the normal peoples input.

Only effective way, I still claim it, yes. Don't think of millin strategy against it, the re edition of stone of the peak made that strategy non viable.

Nice drama btw O_O

I am new to this game, so I may not know all of the intricacies of all of the cards yet, so excuse me if I am way off base. But, why does the only way to beat combo have to be to continuously lock down the combo cards? I've always seen the way to beat combo is to try and delay it until you win. The later the game goes, the less likely this is to happen. There is no reason a single well timed power drain shouldn't net you a victory on most occasions. The same could be said of snow graves. If it buys you 1 to 2 extra turns it has done its job. Even a card like Nyaralthotep (a little slow) has potential against a combo. I would argue that any card advantageous discard effect (byakhee attack, etc.) work well. They are going to have to choose between removal, combo, or card selection/advantage which is positive for you.

Combo is inherently fragile because it requires a specific mix of cards and each must be protected until the others are gathered. Anything that breaks a piece of the combo in anyway can result in combo losing the game. If they can't win the game before the combo comes up or fails to be able to break the combo when it does, then they are in trouble, and should be.