Fallen Grey Knights?

By antijoke_13, in Black Crusade

We also have Santa. Santa is not a codex approve unit. But hey, who doesn't love presents!!

Maybe they were designed to carry 20 colonists? Hell they used to be able to carry Terminators.

Knights where also intended to be giant tools for colonists. Not sure how a giant chainsaw armed mech is gonna help you settle on a world... unless you need a massive mechanical lumberjack.

Sure but the chicken and egg problem still exists then. Literally EVERY Rhino chassis vehicle would have come off of a STC (with some clearly recent modifications, ie BA supercharged engines). STC's were created and deployed a minimum of 5000 yrs before the concept of an Astartes existed so... as Lynata said, how is it that its the SM main vehicle model. Same with the Land Raider. It's specifically stated that the design was found as part of an STC template, thus, not designed for marines.

Like, I can see chapters not telling people that they are messing with engines, but to withhold an entire vehicle pattern. Seems like kinda a jerk move, except maybe for Iron Hands because mars.

Ugh trying to un derp GW fluff. lol

Knights where also intended to be giant tools for colonists. Not sure how a giant chainsaw armed mech is gonna help you settle on a world... unless you need a massive mechanical lumberjack.

Um... who DOESNT need a massive mechanical lumberjack!?!? Now I want to paint a knight in flannel.

Edited by CaptainStabby

Um... who DOESNT need a massive mechanical lumberjack!?!? Now I want to paint a knight in flannel.

Make it plaid. And sing monty python's lumberjack song when you deploy it on the tabletop.

Sure but the chicken and egg problem still exists then. Literally EVERY Rhino chassis vehicle would have come off of a STC (with some clearly recent modifications, ie BA supercharged engines). STC's were created and deployed a minimum of 5000 yrs before the concept of an Astartes existed so... as Lynata said, how is it that its the SM main vehicle model. Same with the Land Raider. It's specifically stated that the design was found as part of an STC template, thus, not designed for marines.

Like, I can see chapters not telling people that they are messing with engines, but to withhold an entire vehicle pattern. Seems like kinda a jerk move, except maybe for Iron Hands because mars.

Ugh trying to un derp GW fluff. lol

I think the guard got the chimera apc, because they need some heavy wepons on it to provide fire support (and because they are aquatic) The real question is: Why don't astartes us chimera APCs?

My answer would be something like this:

Imperial fist: "I want to replace our rhino's with chimeras, they are way better and carry bigger guns!"

Administratum lord: "Look guys, we made the chimera guard only to make up for them loosing the right to use landraiders."

Dark angel: "That was an edict of the Emperor himself and a wise desicion to! Guard don't need landraiders! They'd only cram ogryns in them. Eeeew!"

Imperial fist: "You let the space wolves have Leman Russ tanks!"

Ad. lord: " They quoted some legal mumbo jumbo about names and rights. And besides would you say no to them? I was glad to see them leave my office!"

Dark angel: "I would have said no."

Ultramarines: "The Rhino is fine!, There's nothing about chimeras in the codex."

Imperial fist: "Again with the codex!"

Imperial Fist: "Seriously though, where did all the space in the Rhino go when you put this turret on it? Can we get one of those Guard Enginseers who worked on the Chimera to look at this?"

Made worse when you realise there's no way you can fit in 10 marine figures inside a rhino.

Made even worse than than with the new guard Taurox vehicles having a battle canon in their apc turrets!

(Battle canons do not work that way! but I shal restrict my rants about the Taurox.)

That said i like the razorback. Especially the twin plasma lascanon or twin lascannon variants. (Mostly has to do with my "Lightbringers" homebrew chapter)

Maybe they were designed to carry 20 colonists?

Stacked on top of each other? :D

Like, I can see chapters not telling people that they are messing with engines, but to withhold an entire vehicle pattern. Seems like kinda a jerk move

It also messes with the Techmarine background - there's a reason they are not trusted by their own battle-brothers!

Obligatory Battletech:

464px-RSVAIndustrialMechs%26Exoskeletons

Made worse when you realise there's no way you can fit in 10 marine figures inside a rhino.

Granted, the models are probably not "to size" to begin with..? :huh:

Trick question: how do you make a Space Marine fit through the top access hatch?

Chronus.jpg

Perhaps the truth is that there is a top-secret implant that just inflates Space Marines to the size we know, and whenever they're alone (such as when boarding a vehicle or chilling at their crib) they return to their normal size!

Inflatable_muscle_man_costume.jpg_220x22

Edited by Lynata

I think my bigger problem is why is he using a hand auspex? Like... does the tank not have a sensor suite?

It's not an Auspex, it's the new Game Boy.

hrrmm... I dunno. We need to ask the Ultramarines if a Game Boy is codex approved.

I feel we should get more in depth with that Black Knight idea a page or so ago. I think it was really good.

What would they be like? How would they emulate the chapters they were drawn from? Would they be taken from all the geneseed stock or something fresh?

How would you want them to perfectly emulate all four of the chaos gods at once?

Would Abadon love or hate them?

Trick question: how do you make a Space Marine fit through the top access hatch?

Perhaps the truth is that there is a top-secret implant that just inflates Space Marines to the size we know, and whenever they're alone (such as when boarding a vehicle or chilling at their crib) they return to their normal size!

I think there was a techmarine model with the big shoulderpads removed so he could actually get inside the vehicle.

This guy on the other hand...

Marine: "Sir, shouldn't you get inside? the shrapnel is flyin-"

Sergeant: "**** the shrapnel and open fire!"

Marine: "But Sir, the enemy have snipers and-"

Sergeant: "**** the snipers! Now drive me closer I want to hit them with my sword!"

Marine: "Sir, you are holding an auspex!"

Sergeant: "****. I tought it was my power sword. Never mind, I shall hit them with my auspex! For the Emperor!"

I feel we should get more in depth with that Black Knight idea a page or so ago. I think it was really good.

What would they be like? How would they emulate the chapters they were drawn from? Would they be taken from all the geneseed stock or something fresh?

How would you want them to perfectly emulate all four of the chaos gods at once?

Would Abadon love or hate them?

Hate. Abadon hates everything...

Obligatory Battletech:

464px-RSVAIndustrialMechs%26Exoskeletons

106269.jpg

As soon as i typed mechanical lumberjack i had to think of this thing. Took a bit to find a picture tough.

Mechwarriors dark age Agromech! (Drawing agro:you are doing it... wrong?)

Edited by Robin Graves

I think my bigger problem is why is he using a hand auspex? Like... does the tank not have a sensor suite?

sensors on tanks are not codex approved

Jokes aside, it does seem to be connected to the inside of the tank - so perhaps it's just a handheld console for the monitors you'd have inside the vehicle?

There'd probably be a way to link it to a power armour helmet's lenses, too, but him not wearing one is a whole 'nother can of worms. :P

Jokes aside, it does seem to be connected to the inside of the tank - so perhaps it's just a handheld console for the monitors you'd have inside the vehicle?

There'd probably be a way to link it to a power armour helmet's lenses, too, but him not wearing one is a whole 'nother can of worms. :P

He's not wearing a helmet. This means he thinks he's too pretty to die. Wearing a helmet would interfere with the protective qualities provided by being pretty.

Maybe he just wants the extra Renown ;)