DT News and Articles from Front-Toward-Enemy.US

By Miah999, in Dust Tactics

Miah999 said:

And I too hope the 2nd edtion helps fix this. Personally I hope it imposes a if it's on the card then it's there, if it's not on the card then it's not philosophy, or a set of corrected card need to be included.

Unless it gets to beta testing for the general public (and why not, its not like its all new stuff) I have no faith that the rules will be any better than now. Lets face it, they updated unit cards to new points system and still managed to put errors in where there were none before.

Major Mishap said:

Don't the rules say the opposite?

A: When attacking a squad composed of multiple figures
attached to a single base, Incendiary Blast weapons roll
one die per + symbol listed against the target squad’s
armor class.
At first I understood it the way you have (you know, the logical way), that it's one die per "+" remaining in the target's card. But that's not actually what they're saying. All they're saying is that a 1/+ weapon rolls 1 die, a 1/++ weapon rolls 2 die, etc. Of course, they're so lost that they didn't realize that there are NO weapons with a 1/++ listing, what there is is 2/+.

Just says troll one die per + symbol to me, so if a card has 3+ then you roll 3 dice - doesn't it atontado

Major Mishap said:

Just says troll one die per + symbol to me, so if a card has 3+ then you roll 3 dice - doesn't it atontado

The rules do say " a 1/+ Incendiary Blast weapon rolls one die against squads composed of multiple figures on a single base". Just one die, no matter how much health the squad has left.

Says one die PER + though. a unit has 4+'s then you roll 4 die surely?

Sorry, but no. It's one die PER "+ symbol" in your attack line in the target's armor class, it's got nothing to do with how many Health "+" the target has. And they further make this stupid ruling clear when they explain that a 1/+ weapon rolls ONE die against a squad of multiple soldiers in a single base.

Loophole Master said:

Sorry, but no. It's one die PER "+ symbol" in your attack line in the target's armor class, it's got nothing to do with how many Health "+" the target has. And they further make this stupid ruling clear when they explain that a 1/+ weapon rolls ONE die against a squad of multiple soldiers in a single base.

O'h, right, why didn't you say that :)

Major Mishap said:

O'h, right, why didn't you say that :)

enfadado

The tents look great Miah, cant wait till I get home to print some out!

Hey, thanks for the tents! I love having inexpensive 3D elements to use on the board. Cheers.

Subfactions sound cool.

I guess I'm one the guys in the "historic" field (rather than the sci-fi/pulp one), so I hope for more "dustified" vehicles, alternative troops and heroes, specialized walkers, and such.

The only thing that worries me a bit is the new core set. I like to have a constant slow trickle of new units into my Dust game. A new box set will dump a whole bunch of new (potentially redundant) units at once.

Other than that, I'm really happy with all the news.

Loophole Master said:

The only thing that worries me a bit is the new core set. I like to have a constant slow trickle of new units into my Dust game. A new box set will dump a whole bunch of new (potentially redundant) units at once.

Other than that, I'm really happy with all the news.

I've heard rumors thta the new core set will contain some previously released units, but take that with a grain of salt, as it's just a rumor.

The other yet to be answered question is: what factions/sub-factions will be featured in the new set?

I would not mind if they release similar units, but share the concern if they are identical, as we play with only one of each unit legal.

As far as subfactions, I noticed there is an entire decal sheet that is French decals, for now only useful for the French Kill squad, and wonder if they are planning ahead for a French subfaction complete with vehicles? Since the "story" seem to indicate the Japanese are Axis, will they be a subfaction instead of faction in and of themselves?

With a new set you will be able to get several unit at a once with slightly reduced price. Since it looks like the campaign is moving toward warmer area so maybe we can expect the pacific theater or the north africa. That should be interesting.

Beta Testers for 2nd Edition?!

How do I get in on that action? complice