DT News and Articles from Front-Toward-Enemy.US

By Miah999, in Dust Tactics

Has anyone gotten a sneak peek at the landmine rules yet?

The tokens placement are obvioulsy open to see.

I wonder if they just prevent advancing units unless they want to eat damage (which could be wicked against the Axis because unlike the Hammers, Zombies and Apes do not have jump) or whther there will be an element of the unknown like the bombs in Stratego, perhaps you lay 6 mine token bout only two or three are "live/real" as indicated my markings on the bottom?

"I don’t know how much this model will cost you but as a premium model it’s not likely cheap, even with the cost of Elite Membership, but we’ll see."

It's up on Paolo's site now.

Price tag?==> $100

It looks quite nice, but, I have to say, I will be passing, mostly because the only SSU unit I own is a Fury of Ivan that I picked up as part of a huge Dust Tactics lot on ebay.

It's a pity that it's not a unit from one of the more established factions. I would have bought a pre-painted Loth in a heartbeat.

Miah999 said:

The first Dust Elite Model…

http://www.front-toward-enemy.us/2012/12/the-first-dust-elite-exclusive.html

Ps I haven't seen the Land Mine Rules yet, so I'm not sure how they'll work…

Happy gaming

No thanks, Paolo. Just gimme my Braineaters and Icarus.

I think Warfare has landmine rules. I suppose I'll find out after xmas.

The FTE post seems disappointed that the Elite model is only visually different, but I think that is a good thing - there shouldn't be exclusive stats/units for the Elite program IMO - just different paint jobs/model poses etc.

attila said:

The FTE post seems disappointed that the Elite model is only visually different, but I think that is a good thing - there shouldn't be exclusive stats/units for the Elite program IMO - just different paint jobs/model poses etc.

I agree. We already have the Dust-48 Deluxe line for "experimental" units.

As an elite member, I didn't think we would get something other than cool takes on existing models. Paolo seems smart enough to know he'd lose a good chunk of his audience if he did otherwise. Cool model and innovative base. I'm ordering one for our groups SSU player.

What are the dimensions of this 1/35 scale monster?

175mm long, 75mm to the top of the hull, and 110mm wide…

It hangs over the side of two squares by 20mm, but fits well within their length.

for compairson the Ludwig is 95mm tall not counting its gun.

The "little" mortar shells included in the kit are 43mm long and 11mm in diameter.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for that, the 1/35 scale does appear to fit in better for size compared to the SSU tanks than a 1/49 would. My 1/48 KV2 is quite tiny in comparison.

The 1:35 definatly makes for a giant, but your 1:48 KV-2 is probably more accurate in terms of size.

When it comes to choosing what scale to start with it's just a matter of the effect you want to achieve. Do you want a monster super weapon or an accurately sized tank to support your forces.

I'll post a picture of the Sturmtiger, a Mao, and a 1:48 M60 I have laying about somewhere.

Agreed, you have to have 1/48 vehicles for normal vehicals. I asked because I was a bit put back by the size of the SSU tanks which are scaled way bigger than the IS3 tank its all based on, should have been the same length as my KV2.

I think they scaled up the SSU tanks to make them "completely" fill two game squares, or maybe it was to justify their carry capacity.

Thanks for all the comments.