Score deploy in tournament scenarios

By player1165836, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

Break the Line and Key Positions assume that a Soldier units in zone at the end of game for victory condition. Then, I can hold some units as Air Drop for the last turn in the game and place unit in zone very easy. If last turn of mine and Air Drop unit is Jump troopers - enemy cant even React to my deploy. Its a bit tricky or I miss something?

Not having your units on the board to be able to attack or defend is a big tradeoff. It would be perfectly legal, but the more you hold back in the reserve, the easier it is for the enemy to destroy what troops you have on the ground and get their troups in your deployment zone.

Yep. But I can build up roster for defend my position only (and one unit for air drop), its more simple then attack, i think.

Drag0n said:

Yep. But I can build up roster for defend my position only (and one unit for air drop), its more simple then attack, i think.

Worth a shot, but it's certainly a bit risky. And if the opponent is smart in where they put their troops, they can make sure your troops land where they want them to land (and if you win initiative on the final turn, they'll still have achance to attack.)

Also, if your opponent has units like Hans that have the Scout / Reserve ability, then they can do the same thing.

Anyway, I do think it's worth trying out though - if you try it, post back here with how things went!

Counteraction is possible, and its great for game. I just want to sure that is legal action, thanx :)

Report as soon as gather some statistics, of course. But I havent many players around, so its may take some time

Drag0n said:

Counteraction is possible, and its great for game. I just want to sure that is legal action, thanx :)

Report as soon as gather some statistics, of course. But I havent many players around, so its may take some time

Oh, it's totally legal action.

Another thing you can do in a similar way is field the Chef and trot him over to the deployment zone. Nothing the enemy can do about him at all, and as long as the chef never fires, he will be completely safe and will be easy points.

Chief is a totally unbalanced hero in scenario conditions, I think.

Drag0n said:

Break the Line and Key Positions assume that a Soldier units in zone at the end of game for victory condition. Then, I can hold some units as Air Drop for the last turn in the game and place unit in zone very easy. If last turn of mine and Air Drop unit is Jump troopers - enemy cant even React to my deploy. Its a bit tricky or I miss something?

As I was said - opponent can take counter measures, but one unit in defend = minus one unit in attack, so be it! :)

Drag0n said:

As I was said - opponent can take counter measures, but one unit in defend = minus one unit in attack, so be it! :)

No big deal, Lothar, snipers and observers is all you need to cover the area and they do not want to be near an attack.

of course, if that units include in roster. And will survive long range attacks from me