Laser Grenadiers question.

By BernieTerminator, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

I was facing a opponent at my local gaming store tonight, and he decided to shoot his heavy laser grenadiers at my Pounder type 4 mech. The stat line for his laser grenadier read for type fours " 1/3 " He says this means that for every hit his laser grenadiers inflict it does 3 damage to my mech. I said that that means for every 3 hits his does to my mech it will inflict 1 damage. Could someone please reference me to a page in the rulebook detailing this rule, I just want to resolve this for future matches. Thanks

on the card the stat format is X/Y. the X is the number of dice rolled the Y is the amount of damage inflicted per hit rolled. So in the case of the heavy laser grenadiers the stat is 1/3 which mean for each model one dice is rolled and for each hit result 3 damage is inflicted. A full strength heavy laser grenadiers squad will roll 3 dice, and the laser weapon special ability will let them re-roll hits so each die will be rolled until a miss occurs. so your friend is correct. This info is on page 11 of the revised core set rulebook.

Hmm, okay, thanks good sir!

Dakkon426 said:

on the card the stat format is X/Y. the X is the number of dice rolled the Y is the amount of damage inflicted per hit rolled. So in the case of the heavy laser grenadiers the stat is 1/3 which mean for each model one dice is rolled and for each hit result 3 damage is inflicted. A full strength heavy laser grenadiers squad will roll 3 dice, and the laser weapon special ability will let them re-roll hits so each die will be rolled until a miss occurs. so your friend is correct. This info is on page 11 of the revised core set rulebook.

Kee-riminey, those things are powerful.