Zverograd Mission 4-Element VK-916 Unwinnable for the non-Koshka player?

By TheBlackKnight, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

I tried this mission the other night. Before we had rolled a die, it became obvious that the non-Koshka player can't win. You have 8 turns to get 16 spaces (ssuming optimal route) with your walker, in order to secure the VK and get off the board on the designated spot. Most walkers can move 2 spaces a turn. If your walker has to stop for any reason or is prevented from moving at full speed for a turn, or destroyed even once, you cannot possibly win. If the non-Koshka player does not win in 8 turns, Koshka wins. It is basically impossible for the non-Koshka player to pull this off, unless their opponent doesn't field any units and lets them move unmolested, in which case they could win on the last turn. Perhaps an airdropped SSU walker might pull it off, under ideal conditions, but that is about it.

Please tell me I am incorrect or missing something. Otherwise this mission wasn't playtested very well.

We house-ruled the time limit to 12 turns but Koshka still won, owing to the time limit.