Transported vehicles and destroyed carriers

By TheBlackKnight, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Zverograd has the rules for vehicle-carrying vehicles. Obviously the only one we know of right now is the SSU walker transport chopper. The rules say that vehicle carrying capacity falls under the regular carrying capacity rules. What is missing, however, in those "regular" rules is a rule saying what happens when the vehicle carrier is destroyed. It is clear that infantry in a carrier roll one die per figure, and heroes roll one die and can lose one health. But what about a vehicle like the SSU aero-walkers? What happens to them if the chopper is destroyed while carrying a walker?

guess they follow the same rules as there are no others to cover it, so roll 1 dice and possibly suffer 1 damage.

Yeah, that would be the logical way to do it. Though it certainly seems quite tame… When I shoot down a carrier chopper I'd hope to have a good chance of destroying the carried walker with it.

I agree. I think it would make more sense to roll a die per health left on the vehicle. It most likely won't destroy it, but it would do a more appropriate amount of damage.

Yeah, that would work, roll as many dice as the vehicle has Health left. At least there would be a chance of outright destroying it.

Loophole Master said:

Yeah, that would work, roll as many dice as the vehicle has Health left. At least there would be a chance of outright destroying it.

Sounds sensible and should be updated with newest FAQ (like few other things… :D ).