Let the run begin.

By Frisky AI, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Mikko Leho said:

I hope that you no longer have to roll a dice in the game. Their necessity for some cards was a bit… random.

I didn't like any of the random cards because I didn't like leaving anything to chance. And watching an opponent futz with Playful AI for 20 minutes was always a drag. On the other hand, on the occasions Bartmoss crashed, those were enjoyable.

There was a place for random cards in the game.

Asmoridin said:

Does this mean there are Netrunner resources out there already (presumably dead ones), that might get revived?

Not mine, because I'm not interested. I did write to FFG with the notion that they contract me to write about their game, however.

Not Byron Massey's, because he died, tragically.

The others were enthusiastic.

It's the oddest thing to look at the the other threads. 20 years ago, we had these conversations. 15 years ago, we repeated them. And here we are … again

My best friend had a baby when NR v. 1.0 was new. He had a second kid in time for Proteus. A third kid when Classic came out. (The fourth kid was Dominion or something.)

That first kid is ready for college. The most experienced NR players got old. How'd that happen?

Frisky AI said:

randomblink said:

Frisco AND MAthias?!

Who is Mathias?

FFG hasn't closed the deal with me yet. It would've behooved them to ship a set to me for BayCon this weekend so I could introduce the game to folks, but there's not yet a hint that they care about the old-timers who can sell the game better than they can.

dude it was 20 years ago.. most people do not know who the **** you are.. nor do most people care.

Wasn't it more like 16 years ago?

Frisky AI said:

randomblink said:

FFG hasn't closed the deal with me yet. It would've behooved them to ship a set to me for BayCon this weekend so I could introduce the game to folks, but there's not yet a hint that they care about the old-timers who can sell the game better than they can.

HAHAHHAA. LMAO! partido_risa.gif

Wait… you are serious aren't you? sorpresa.gif

Penfold said:

Frisky AI said:

randomblink said:

HAHAHHAA. LMAO! partido_risa.gif

Wait… you are serious aren't you? sorpresa.gif

False. No one could possibly type that with a straight face.

Sorry but I have to majorly disagree. A blink deck was the most fun I ever had playing NR.

Hell, I just got my gf addicted to old school NR and I've already started reconstructing my old Blink/Weefle decks.

Dice add that additional random fun to the game… in my opinion.

Frisky AI said:

randomblink said:

Frisco AND MAthias?!

Who is Mathias?

Matthias, Skip Pickle and Frisco… those are the names I remember from old school netrunner. Just found skip on twitter… twitter.com/skipperpickle

Brings back memories… can't wait to crack open a new booster pack. It's been too long… (please let there be blinks)

There won't even be booster packs. If there are blinks they won't be the old ones.

What is a blink?

MarthWMaster said:

What is a blink?

It was an icebreaker that either broke subroutines or gave you net damage depending what you rolled on a d6.

MarthWMaster said:

What is a blink?

THIS is a blink .

I won using a Blink in my last game as Runner. I had an early lead but had somehow not been able to find a single Code Gate breaker and the Corp was making the most out of it and eventually they were going to win if I couldn't get through. When I drew a Blink, I had to take the chance on it.

Yeah, I got burned a bit along the way, but it worked ;)