Bot Hunter question

By player769046, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Sorry if this is asked before, but I could not find it in the forum.

I would like to ask if the Bot Hunters do have 2x Bazookas like in the picture of the unit card, or if they have 5x Bazookas like in the description of the 2nd weapon line of the unit card? Thanks alot for your info.

Certainly the Bot Hunters only have 2 bazookas.

thanks. So this is a card misprint. Is there already an errata for the bot hunter unit card out?

Yeah, it's a bit of a misprint. Guess they should have done it like the Frontoviki card with its two DPM MGs:

Dust-DTP039-03.jpg

I don't think there is a correct version of this card, though.

yes, this frontoviki-card shows how the bot hunter card should have been done. Interestingly no-one at FFG seem to recognize the mistake (I am not sure if they proofread the unit cards of their mini boxes and the unit card pack…), but a total newbie, a friend of mine, detected the mistake even before his first game, just right after the rules explanation.

Crazy, I am sure surely a lot of people out there play the bot-hunters with 5x bazookas, like their unit card (incorrectly) implies.

I don't think anybody plays them with 5 bazookas, simply because the figures themselves clearly shows only 2 bazookas, and everybody knows what a bazooka looks like. I think a newbie is more likely to catch the card mistake than an experienced player, because the newbie will be reading the cards literally and taking it at face value, while the experienced player will just instinctively gather from it was it's supposed to mean, rather what it's actually saying.

The more important mistake in the Bot Hunter card is that, the way it's written, both bazookas HAVE to shoot at the same target, since they only have a single weapon line. The Frontoviki's DPM MGs, however, can shoot at different targets.

superklaus said:

yes, this frontoviki-card shows how the bot hunter card should have been done. Interestingly no-one at FFG seem to recognize the mistake (I am not sure if they proofread the unit cards of their mini boxes and the unit card pack…), but a total newbie, a friend of mine, detected the mistake even before his first game, just right after the rules explanation.

Crazy, I am sure surely a lot of people out there play the bot-hunters with 5x bazookas, like their unit card (incorrectly) implies.

Nope, never heard of anyone playing with 5 bazooka's and never seen it mentioned on the forums before either - well spotted. It doesn't matter what the card says anyway as the models are WYSIWG and you can only use what the models are actually armed with, any exceptions like panzerfausts and charges are mentioned in the rules.

Seems that this is fixed in the Unit Card Upgrade pack.