Cat o' the Canals in need of errata?

By perthius, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Seznal said:

JerusalemJones said:

Does Immune to Opponent's Card Effects include keywords like Deadly or Stealth, or passive effects from cards like Moment of Glory?

Yes it does. If I have understand it it right only Claim, and Claim Replacements can kill her for example Pyat Pree. So these card is too good in my opinion.

Seznal and Perthius did too

Claim replacement can't kill her, can it? Not that there's a lot of that going around these days :P

For attachments, I've seen people play OOH Aegon's Blade, which seems like a decent choice.

Dobbler said:

Perthius overreacted, which he admitted and I'm not sure if "too good" is a vote for errata. Ok 2 persons if you want. happy.gif

Rogue30 said:

Dobbler said:

Perthius overreacted, which he admitted and I'm not sure if "too good" is a vote for errata. Ok 2 persons if you want. happy.gif

No need to remind me to never try and bring humor to the boards again. I hear ya loud and clear.

On a more important note from this thread, why the hell have the boards not improved since then? I want better editing functionality for one.

~Also, @Dobbler, no one likes a necromancer. Black magic gives me the heebie-jeebies.

At last year national I played cat of the canals with northern steel on her... a great combination cause the steel cannot be discarded... If spending the winter stores in targa box will be a reprinte (so a search attach) I will retry that combination... but... let's not speack about a ban please... seems too much :-)

Twn2dn said:

Claim replacement can't kill her, can it? Not that there's a lot of that going around these days :P

Claim replacement is acting on your claim, not on Cat. So yes, claim replacement can get her.

I have a question. Her card states "No attachments except a single Weapon. " But how about attachments that have both "Weapon" and "X" as keywords? It says she can only have "Weapon", but says nothing of cards that have "Weapon" and "X" too. Could she even use an attachment that has more than "Weapon" printed on it?

Rogue Cypher said:

I have a question. Her card states "No attachments except a single Weapon. " But how about attachments that have both "Weapon" and "X" as keywords? It says she can only have "Weapon", but says nothing of cards that have "Weapon" and "X" too. Could she even use an attachment that has more than "Weapon" printed on it?

YES, she can.

Dobbler said:

No need to remind me to never try and bring humor to the boards again. I hear ya loud and clear.

Well, this thread was funny to read.

Dobbler said:

Cat O' the Canals is BUUURRRROOOOKKKKENNN!

Or maybe not.

Bumpity bump bump for giggles

This gave me a very good laugh.

I also didn't know Stag was calling for Cat to be banned. I'll have to bring up that up next time i see him. ~Silly old man.

All kidding aside - i don't like characters that can never go away. Brings back bad memories of high immunity CBK dudes. *Shiver*

I was around for character lite I never want to go back there.

I'd rather have cards like Laughing Storm than cards like Cat ANY day.

Stag Lord said:

I'd rather have cards like Laughing Storm than cards like Cat ANY day.

...the good thing is that everyone can have his own opinion... :-)

Kennon said:

~Also, @Dobbler, no one likes a necromancer. Black magic gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I'm finding this mildly hilarious, since I made a necromancer reference to Dobbs on facebook earlier today. :)

Also, I still remember suggesting at one point (long ago, in a galaxy far, far away) that I thought Littlefinger would make a good character that was "Immune to plot effects" but lacking other kinds. I still think that would be balanced... "Card Effects" is just overwhelmingly blanket IMHO.

I think Cat mostly draws ire because you can't swat her. I think she's good for the environment, a 1 str weenie that can defend any challenge. You can't voltron her, and it takes just as much effort to trick her up with **** to do multi challenge renown power grab. It also takes some effort to make her CBK... but even then until I see decks around her on the level of the wilding decks or the berric decks... she's perfectly fine aggrivating the control players because she won't kneel.

Attaching the new prized Needle onto Cat can be a new fun way to annoy people, especially if you also have Brienne in play. 2/3 challenges where opponents can't trigger effects!

Well this Necropost had me totally confused, i was reading the thread and thinking why are people wanting to see her in play before they errata her...then i noticed the date.

Thanks