Question thread for those with the book already

By blkdymnd, in Dust Warfare

Figured we could keep a general Q&A.

My first one - what I'd Sigrids health in the book? There was a preview on Bell of Lost Souls that had her only with one health point on her profile

blkdymnd said:

Figured we could keep a general Q&A.

My first one - what I'd Sigrids health in the book? There was a preview on Bell of Lost Souls that had her only with one health point on her profile

She is indeed only 1 HP she is a Infantry 2 with Move 6 and a Laser-Pistole B which has a 12" range but is pretty nasty for shooting sense laser weapons have the reroll ability so basically you shoot your lasers then choose which dice you want to reroll (you only get to reroll a number of dice equal to the number of hits you made with the lasers) more often then not you are rerolling the misses. Also she has the Berserk special ability that allows you to reroll all combat dice. In essence basically you have her lead a squad of lazer guys they shoot re roll their laser shots then she could be like no I want more damage and rerolls again all dice (which if I am not mistake the second set gets to still reroll new hits for their lasers). It is a nasty little damage combination.

The 1 may be a typo, cause next to DC it has 4, and all the other units previewed on BoLS, have health equal to there DC(Damage Capacity) I would assume. How do phasers work in warfare? Thanks for all the quick answers Denied.

SGTManuel said:

The 1 may be a typo, cause next to DC it has 4, and all the other units previewed on BoLS, have health equal to there DC(Damage Capacity) I would assume. How do phasers work in warfare? Thanks for all the quick answers Denied.

huh I didn't notice the DC, your right that may be a typo. I;ll have to ask the guys at FFG about it.

Phasers are fun to, they ignore armor saves. You still get your cover saves but you don't get armor saves sadly. Those can be really nasty under the right circumstances.

Denied said:

SGTManuel said:

huh I didn't notice the DC, your right that may be a typo. I;ll have to ask the guys at FFG about it.

Phasers are fun to, they ignore armor saves. You still get your cover saves but you don't get armor saves sadly. Those can be really nasty under the right circumstances.

Yeah, they are pretty much the same in Tactics. They can be very brutal.

What is the Hero Limit of a force? I'm assuming one per platoon?

7times7is49 said:

What is the Hero Limit of a force? I'm assuming one per platoon?

Exactly right one hero per platoon max

Additionally the chart for force org / point values assist breaks down to

AP Total #of Platoons # of Heroes

150 or less 1 0-1

151-300 1-2 0-2

301-450 1-3 0-3

Each extra +1 Max +1 Max

So as you ramp up the point value of games you increase the amount of cool things you can bring. If I am not mistaken most competitive play will probably occur around the 151-300pt range (more towards 300 pts)

what are armor saves and how dose vehicale damage work?

Soldier and Vehicles have different armor ratings,

Soldier 2 gets two dice to attempt to shrug off a hit. (Two total for the entire squad).

Solider 3 gets three dice... etc etc..

Think the same with Vehicle armor... but there is also a chart after damage is taken. For possible special damage done to the vehicle.

Vehicle 3 gets three armor dice to try to shrug off.

Vehicle 7 gets seven dice...

Denied said:

150 or less 1 0-1

151-300 1-2 0-2

301-450 1-3 0-3

Each extra +1 Max +1 Max

So as you ramp up the point value of games you increase the amount of cool things you can bring. If I am not mistaken most competitive play will probably occur around the 151-300pt range (more towards 300 pts)

Don't forget the platoon upgrade that gives you an extra hero.

Tarnis Phoenix said:

Denied said:

150 or less 1 0-1

151-300 1-2 0-2

301-450 1-3 0-3

Each extra +1 Max +1 Max

Don't forget the platoon upgrade that gives you an extra hero.

If I am not mistaken that is specific for just the Allied forces though, just like the Axis forces can get a platoon upgrade that gives them an extra walker for outside of standard force org.

I really like all these platoon-specific and faction-specific upgrades. Unit-wise (at least in Dust Tactics) the Axis and Allies are too similar in my opinion, so it will be good to have more differences.

So what type of command squad leads the Ally Assualt Platoon? I know it's the Boss for the Combat and the Heavy for the Elite, I am asking cause on the BoLS preview Sigrid can be taken in place of a sturmpioneer command squad for the Blutzkreuz platoon.

I like the entire platoon building system, I feel like you can build semi-realistic. The other thing is even when taking heroes, they enchance forces, the game doesn't become hero hammer to see who's hero can take down half the board. Also just popped in my mind do the command squads still have abilities for there medics and mechanics etc?

Ok. How about squad sizes? In Tactics, you get what's on the card. There really is no size adjustments. I saw in the example that a Gunner squad could have an extra bazooka. Is this the only type of upgrade, or are there squad sizes of like 5-10, etc?

Tarnis Phoenix said:

Soldier and Vehicles have different armor ratings,

Soldier 2 gets two dice to attempt to shrug off a hit. (Two total for the entire squad).

Solider 3 gets three dice... etc etc..

Think the same with Vehicle armor... but there is also a chart after damage is taken. For possible special damage done to the vehicle.

Vehicle 3 gets three armor dice to try to shrug off.

Vehicle 7 gets seven dice...

So let me see if I got this right. If I am Armor 3, not only am I harder to hurt than Armor 2, but I get to roll 3 dice to resist damage? So if my squad takes 2 damage I get to roll 3 dice to resist it? And that stacks with cover? So I get one save per wound for the cover, then whatever gets passed the cover goes against my 3 dice of Armor saves? And then damage resilience?

So if a squad of zombies is hit for 4 damage, the roll 4 dice for hard cover (counts as soft) and get say 1 result, so now they are face 3 damage, then they roll 3 dice for damage resilience, getting one result, reducng damage to 2 and then get to make 3 armor saves?

ANd walkers get 1 armor save per armor class as well! Wow, Armor 5, 6 and 7 got very scary real fast.

But cover works differently in Warfare from what people have posted, you don't roll for cover, soft cover reduces all damage by 1, heavy by 2. So in your example 4 hits on a Zombie squad 2 hits reduced by heavy cover (not sure if Zombies can use heavy cover in Warfare), roll 3 dice for Armor saves and any hits that are left are for damage reduction to handle.

Just to clarify, damage reduction does happen last?

SGTManuel said:

But cover works differently in Warfare from what people have posted, you don't roll for cover, soft cover reduces all damage by 1, heavy by 2. So in your example 4 hits on a Zombie squad 2 hits reduced by heavy cover (not sure if Zombies can use heavy cover in Warfare), roll 3 dice for Armor saves and any hits that are left are for damage reduction to handle.

Checking to make sure... Yup.

Zombies also decrease their cover status: Hard cover = Soft Cover to them and Soft Cover = No Cover to them.

Interesting. Seems they are trying to find ways around the limitations of the 2 result die mechanic. Though I think I would have preferred a different armor save system. Something like this: Weapons have three damages (infantry, armor, aircraft) that deteremine the number of dice rolled to hit/damage a target. Then you get your Armor Class save (1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3 and so forth). Keep cover as it is.

But I will have to wait and see the rules for reals.

I like that they didn't over complicate cover, but it's nice to see that it works inconjunction with Armor saves. Will have to just play it a few times and see how it plays out. For one of the guys with the book did they change damage reduction or is it still roll a dice for each hit that got through cover and armor and ignore it on a hit? Thanks

are there any abilities with drastic changes between tactics and warfare?

Has black ops changed any? I can see it having add ons to make it more versatile (instead of adding a die to you roll, you reduce your opponents by one for example).

Are there any rules for playing with more than 2 people?