C Grenades Question

By Kry, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

Hi guys.

Here is my question...

If I am next to a doorway of a building, and an enemy unit is inside. Can i use my Grenade/Knife attack to "Clear/soften" the enemy unit before actual entry into the building through the doorway? Hence, I am tossing a grenade inside the doorway?

Next grenade question...

Does grenade damage get a damage increase modifier if tossed in and detonated inside a small contained area? Hence concentrating the blast? Or does the defending unit change thier save modifier from hard to soft cover? or lose thier modifier all together?

If you're standing outside the door of a structure, you can only attack an enemy standing directly next to the door inside the structure. Unless you have Jump, you'll have to kill him, not just soften him up before being able to walk through that door.

C attacks ignore all cover (whether they are knife, grenades or punches), but using them in confined quarters have no special effect.

Just wanting to add that close combat takes place after other weapons are fired. and nice work on the tripple post.