New heroes

By Jafix, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I also think, that the subtypes will be optional, or they will be available via skill cards :D which would be awesome as you would know your general direction when you pick your hero, but fate would determine your subclass and other skills...

looking forward to the game.... sounds promissing!

wait...do you think the subclasses are linked to one hero?

for me,you choose one archetype,then one of the hero from this archetype,and then one of the two subclasses...right?

Hadoken said:

wait...do you think the subclasses are linked to one hero?

for me,you choose one archetype,then one of the hero from this archetype,and then one of the two subclasses...right?

Yes, this is correct based on what we've heard so far.

First of all,

this elf girl character is our missing scout or healer character.

Snake girl, which i mentioned several times and which i was putting into second edition rooster was or still is, a mage.

Look on the picture

?di=15133474556512

Leroic, Tarha and this "Snake Girl", when i was first calculating new hereoes, i add this char in my theories :) (Three mages theory). So, this char was only tested and will not be implemented (now) or will be present in chinese version. Coloring of this char is purple something and its not definetly widow tarha. :)

F: Dwarf / Elf knight

H: ELF druid with a staff / Billy the mace

S: Oliver twist (halfling) / I hope for archer

W: Leroic / Tarha

Jafix said:

First of all,

this elf girl character is our missing scout or healer character.

Snake girl, which i mentioned several times and which i was putting into second edition rooster was or still is, a mage.

Look on the picture

?di=15133474556512

Leroic, Tarha and this "Snake Girl", when i was first calculating new hereoes, i add this char in my theories :) (Three mages theory). So, this char was only tested and will not be implemented (now) or will be present in chinese version. Coloring of this char is purple something and its not definetly widow tarha. :)

F: Dwarf / Elf knight

H: ELF druid with a staff / Billy the mace

S: Oliver twist (halfling) / I hope for archer

W: Leroic / Tarha

that means nothing,the chinese card is a prototype and is printed on simple paper sheet.

It's very possible the color scheme is not final...maybe.

(or maybe it's a promo char we will see in the future -or in a precomand bonus- )

Well, change of coloring in this phase is not possible. I agree that this hero will be promotional or we will se him later :)

But can anyone please agree with me, that there is a snake thing on character sheet? :)

Jafix said:

Well, change of coloring in this phase is not possible. I agree that this hero will be promotional or we will se him later :)

But can anyone please agree with me, that there is a snake thing on character sheet? :)

If that character sheet corresponds to one of the minis I've seen with a swirly thing surrounding it/her, then to me it looks like some kind of fireball swirling around her rather than a snake.

That Mini is, as Beren Eoath suggested, our scout girl. That thing is not a fireball but some kind of cape made of leafs. It is our scout girl, which can be seen on terinoth event pages :)

Jafix said:

That Mini is, as Beren Eoath suggested, our scout girl. That thing is not a fireball but some kind of cape made of leafs. It is our scout girl, which can be seen on terinoth event pages :)

it's a healer ;)

Beren Eoath said:

Widow Thara is a mage - you can see that on the picture from chinease version. She is the one on the right.

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/771306/gtm-back-page-ad-focuses-conversion-kit

Check out the picture of Widow Tarha's character card. The "snake girl" card in the chinese version is Widow Tarha as has already been suggested.

Unclechawie said:

Beren Eoath said:

Widow Thara is a mage - you can see that on the picture from chinease version. She is the one on the right.

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/771306/gtm-back-page-ad-focuses-conversion-kit

Check out the picture of Widow Tarha's character card. The "snake girl" card in the chinese version is Widow Tarha as has already been suggested.

So it is.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but there is no snake girl. If you look at the leaked Chinese picture closely you will see that the player put his fate tokens over her face which makes you see a snake when there isn't one. If you look off to the side of her head you can see clearly, if you have a large enough screen, the horn from Tarha's headdress. Plus, as others have shown Terha's real card you can see they are the same person. Why would the creators have two female characters wearing the same thing and be striking the same pose? I am a huge supporter of the familiars, and I truly hope that they would add in a snake familiar someday. Again, I am not trying to be mean.

You cannot be mean, because you are right! That is Tarha with fatigue token on her face... *double self-facepalm* I double checked it. Stats on "snake girl" are same as on Tarhas hero sheet. Well, R.I.P. "Snake Girl "

I love the idea of snake familiar so much, that i see one despite the fact, that he do not exist. (actualy, i love familiars sooo much that i play as overlord. Yes, monsters counts as familiars)

So, most possible rooster is now:

Warriors: Dwarf / Elf Knight

Scouts: Oliver Twist (Halfling) / "Great Unknown"

Helaers: Elf Druid / Billy the Mace

Mages: Leroic of The Book / Widow Tarha a.k.a Snake Girl ( corazon_roto.gif )

Sorry guys for my posts about Snake Girl, my jugment was clouded :)

It's not your judgement that was clouded, it was the picture they took. The quality could have been a lot better, however it provides some additional details. For instance, there are several cards with backings we haven't seen yet. Can't wait for the next preview.

It truly is a terrible picture of the game. I almost think they wanted it that way, so no one could get any real details. I hope that their next preview will include the final hero along with going into more the characters special abilities/classes. Like I said before I am also a huge lover of the familiars like you Jafix. They are the one thing our OL player hates most about the game which in turn makes us try to get them even more to play. Also, in the next preview I hope they show us at least one new familiar (that is if they are still in the game).

I was reading a thread on Boardgamegeek.com discussing the special abilities of our heroes. The card we've seen most often is Leoric and he has 2 special abilities. I was browsing and saw a a version of his card that only has 1 special ability with no second box. The chinese photo we've seen shows several characters with small boxes belows their special ability but not a full box like we've seen with others. The card we've seen from the conversion kit of Landrec the Wise has not secondary ability either. Some have suggested that it might be a double sided character card. One with a secondary ability and one without. Thoughts? Speculation?

It would seem from the most recent preview (4/19/12) that the second (lower) box with the Feat is a once per game ability and the arrow to its left indicates to flip over the character sheet to indicate it has been used. So this would explain the back of the sheet looking the same but with missing text in the lower field.

Next preview is out. "Great Unknown" have a name now :) She is an elf with bow! :D

W: Dwarf (Berserk)/ Elf Girl (Knight)

S: Oliver twist (Thief) / Jain Fairwood (Wildlander)

H: Billy the Mace (Cleric) / Elf girl with a staff (Druid)

W: Leroic of the book (Runemaster) / Widow Thara (Necromancer)

And Dark Young was right. Gratz on that guess :)

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3222

They will also present old heroes on facebook :)

She doesn't seem like an elf though.

Iam fantasy deformed, if someone is holding a bow and has a "WOOD" in his or her name, he or she is automaticly elf in my head :)

They spelt "Jane" wrong, though.

IronRavenstorm said:

Like I said before I am also a huge lover of the familiars like you Jafix. They are the one thing our OL player hates most about the game which in turn makes us try to get them even more to play. Also, in the next preview I hope they show us at least one new familiar (that is if they are still in the game).

Latest preview states that the conversion kit has 3 cards for familiars, presumably for Ronan, that DQ chick with mini-dragon and another character with integrated familiar that I can't recall. So yeah, familiars are definitely in the game, but maybe they won't appear as tokens on the board, just a card ability.

Third familiar is Vyrah the Falconers pet, Skye :)

Yes, my dreams have been answered. I totally called it on being a female archer. Now we just have to play the hardest game of all. The waiting game. I hope that the game will start shipping sometime next week. Then it might be here by the end of May. Thank you FFG!!!

IronRavenstorm said:

I hope that the game will start shipping sometime next week. Then it might be here by the end of May.

You haven't been paying close enough attention this week. They said that people attending the Days of Terrinoth event or whatever it's called would be among the first to try it out, and that's end of June/beginning of July. So the game will likely not hit stores before the end of June at the earliest.