New heroes

By Jafix, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Jafix said:

W: Leroic of the book (Runemaster) / Widow Thara (Necromancer)

i'am not sure there will be a Necromancer class.

my quess i shaman/witch doctor or something like that.

Well, it is just a name of subclass :)

Like the Wildlander will be typical ranger so the necromancer can still be a typical witch doctor or shaman :)

Runes are responsible for most of magic atacks, Runemaster class which is confirmed is covering this part of magic. What kind of magic is not covered then? Life control magic (life steal, necromancy etc) Curse magic (debufs, confusion, mind control). I didnt play any other terinoth situated games except descent 1. So my guessing have a really low value :)

I have been following the news that is why I said I hoped that it would start shipping. You can't blame a guy for hoping.

Going back to the familiars. I am happy to see that three of the old ones are going to make it. It will be sad to see if Furr the Spirit Wolf and Shadow Soul don't make the cut. Our OL hated them the most. Hopefully, they will add in new wonderful familiars to replace the ones that don't cross over.

IronRavenstorm said:

I have been following the news that is why I said I hoped that it would start shipping. You can't blame a guy for hoping.

Going back to the familiars. I am happy to see that three of the old ones are going to make it. It will be sad to see if Furr the Spirit Wolf and Shadow Soul don't make the cut. Our OL hated them the most. Hopefully, they will add in new wonderful familiars to replace the ones that don't cross over.

I'm not holding out hope for familiars. They seem to be wanting to reduce the number of "bits" in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if the three familiars in the Conversion Kit are abstracted out in some way and are no longer represented on the board by a token.

I'm not holding out hope for familiars. They seem to be wanting to reduce the number of "bits" in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if the three familiars in the Conversion Kit are abstracted out in some way and are no longer represented on the board by a token.

It will be sad day if they cut the familiars out. I am just holding out hope that they will keep them since they are allowing these three to carry over. Sure, it might not be the high numbers we saw over the first edition, but maybe a few to help aid their hero masters.

I understand them wanting to cut some things out to make the game play a lot faster, but how much time does having a familiar take? I truly believe the game is going to be good, but I somewhat fear they could mess it up. I just want to keep a positive look until I get a chance to play the game.

Lets summarize all things we know so far

W: Knight (Syndrael) X Berserker (Dwarf)

S: Thief (Tomble Burrowell) X Wildlander (Jain Fairwood)

M: Runemaster (Leroic of the Book) X Necromancer (Widow Tarha)

H: Disciple (Billy the Mace) X Shaman (Elf Girl with a Staff)

We all know now, that Syndrael can be Knight or Berserker but she will never be a Wildlander (elf that cannot use bow? preocupado.gif )

I was also wondring about which old heroes will be Healers because most of them were suited for Warriors, Mages and Scouts. If they force Steel horn or One Fist to be healers, i will laught my ass off :)

If i think about Runemaster and Necromancer, i can imagine they role in a game but when comes to Disciple and Shaman… Disciple as paladin and shaman as typical healer (priest)?

That halfling on wolf hero from Tomb of Ice (Okuluk?) is a healer, you can check him out on Facebook.

I know, my thoughts are coming exactly from this hero. In 1E, Okaluk and Rakas were typical scout class. They have Stealth and 6 movement. They were fast errand boys :)

Now they are fast mass healers. So iam full of fears, which characters, which were originaly W/S/M will be reformed and reintroduced as healers. Vyrah the Falconer? Sure, he must know how herbs works. Sir Valadir? Sure, he must study at least first aid on some noble school! :D

Maybe Ispher and Spiritspeaker Mok (he's definitely shaman). Aurim of the many potions certainly. Jonas the Kind. One of the elves perhaps (Lindel?). That pixie from ToI.

I see Vyrah the Falconer more as a scout type (hunter=wildlander).

Me too :) iam just concern, what kind of heroes will be forced into the role of healers despite the fact that they are typical representatives of other clases.

Iam very very very curious about the upcoming necromancer class. If he will rise my dead minions, i will be pretty pissed of. (Those are my skeletons! Give them back!) :)