High Elves

By Yepesnopes, in WFRP House Rules

Yepesnopes said:

Yepesnopes said:

Saying that, if I don't find any creative solution, I will change To or Ag in the Sword Master Captain career for St, and make the Sword Master Captain career just a customized Sergeant or Veteran.

Thanks for the input!

Im at work now - so dont have my stuff to reference, but whats the primary stats for the Sword Master careers (basic and the ones you have made...) ? I find that alternating the primary stats slightly ie. a basic guy might need St and Ag, a sergeant To & Wp, captain S & Fel or Int .... making sure to dish out a few new skills symbolising higher level of leadership ie. Intuition, Leadership, etc. - one idea I always find cool is to have an advancement path along the line of basic career opening into 2 alternate intermediate careers (an elite scout & a sergeant perhaps?) finally leading up to an advanced career (perhaps a captain, which required you go through sergeant first)

Well, I did a bit more.

After looking into the coments of Boehm I directed the Sword Master Captain career to a more conventional captain stile. I will include some more fancy WFB inspired careers like the Bladelord after the arriving of hero's call. So I will have a taste on how tier 4 and 5 career abilities look like.

In the pdf document of the Asur I included a whole new chapter (chapter 3) trying to cover the rules of foreign nobles (in that case high elf nobles) dwelling in the Empire, and two ideas for escenarios involving elf nobles in the land of the Empire.

Finally, I also included a customized High Elf version of the noble lord .

As a player of mine has pointed out, there is aparently some inconsistency between the nobles tax free stipend income stated in Lure of Power (1gc per noble rank per month), the upkeep price of retainers (which can be as high as 1gc per week for the men at arms), and the stated monthly income of a landed noble appearing in the players guide of 100 gc per month (which I guess is without discounting the taxes the noble has to pay to the higher lords).

and last but not least the Foreign Affairs Adviser, a must for any traveling noble.

Foreign%20Affair%20Adviser.jpg

Jokes a part, any feedback in the form of criticisms regarding any of the house rules will be always welcome.

I added some careers for High Elf with the noble trait in order to complete chapter 3 .

In the zip folder with the customized High Elf careers I added the Dilettante and the Courtier.

In the zip folder with the new High Elf careers I added some Knight like careers. The Ellyrian Reaver, the Harbinger, the Silver Helm and the Caledor Dragon Knight.

As always, any feedback will be taken into account.

Now I am going to move to cover some Sea themed careers to cover the region of Cothique.

Cheers

Thanks again for making these more easily available. I'm going to read through them today and if I have any thoughts I'll definitely post. Otherwise they look awesome.

This stuff is really great! Well done! Allows for more depth into the High Elves, and even can have a Ulthuan adventure! I'm glad there are people around who are willing to make stuff like this, just adds fun for everyone.

No new files today.

I am going to wait until I finish the whole booklet before I post anything else.

What I have done these days is

Finish the 1st chapter, the history of the Asur. I have gathered the information found around itnernet and in the High Elf army books and I have added some pictures.

Finish the 4th chapter, High Magic. Indeed, the idea of my project started due to this chapter. After looking at it, I realized that it needed more work. So what I have done is rewrite it and extend it to make more rule clarifications. Also I changed slightly the High Elf spellcaster careers to make their progression more gradual.

Finally, I have changed some of the already existing career abilities

Warrior Monk -> For game balance I changed it to the same probabilities as that of the Chamberlain.

Shadow Warrior -> This career had the same ability as that of the Assassin. Since High Elfs can also enter the Assassin career, I changed that of the Shadow Warrior to diferentiate it.

Admiral -> For game balance (compared to the Noble Lord) I increased the ratio of usage of the Admiral career ability.

Sword Master Captain -> Again, this career had the same ability as that of the Captain. Since High elf can enter the Captain career, I change it for diferentiation.

Now I am working on the last chapter. In chapter 5 I want to cover journeying and journeying through the seas. The house rules will be based on those of the lord of the rings and mainly in many post I have found in these forums. They won't be complex niether extremly detailed.

Cheers

Here's a quick statistical analysis:

Typical Neutral Skill check: Agility 6, 1 trained, 1 white, 1 purple, 2 black: Success chance: 87% Three success: 51%

2 into stance: Agility 4, 2 green, 1 trained, 1 white, 1 purple, 2 black: Success chance: 91% Three success: 59%

--

Typical Neutral Skill check: Agility 5, 1 trained, 1 white, 1 purple, 2 black: success chance: 81% Three success: 39%

2 into stance: Agility 3, 2 green, 1 white, 1 purple, 2 black: Success chance: 87% Three success: 49%

Honestly, the difference between 5 and 6 is not that big of a deal. The success ratios in this system are high no matter what.

BTW, I love your work and I'm going to make it standard for my players to take these as PC options.

Thanks for the hard work,

jh

Boehm said:

Looks great - though Im not really sure I as a GM would be comfortable allowing a PC a lion companion ??

The worry is of balance correct? (that's what it would be for me)

I would allow it however if it can be balanced to the campaign. I don't think ti would be applicable to all campaigns. It's a bit different from the small but vicious dog that the rat catcher has because it is essentially an "extra PC." In games like D&D, the druid is the best example. The druid has the 'extra pc' and is balance in that game only by the fact that he can't wear armor..but in my experience, having the extra creature essentially has been played as "an extra set of hands/claws" for a player. Without significant roleplay NERFING by the GM, I've seen player after player simply play their animal companions as just remote control objects without morale or moral.

jh

Emirikol said:

Honestly, the difference between 5 and 6 is not that big of a deal. The success ratios in this system are high no matter what.

While I agree with the statement, there's more than just succes of failure, there's boons, amount of succes, banes, opposed checks, initiative (in which your group going first means you kill one opponent), higher ranged damage, and likely more happy.gif

This is one thing I love about the system, players may calculate their chance of failure succes, just like in % system, but they have no way of calculating the chances of different outcomes, unless they're some mathmatical brainiac...

Agreed. The only reason that I even bother to calculate them is from a game-balance standpoint behind the scenes. Players won't have any idea about their chances. It's an illusion that they're going to miss or be missed much however in combat.

jh

I finally finish my project, I moved the topic .

I know I said I will do a chapter for journeying and seafaring, but after looking at all the information I have regarding the subject from previous editions, I realised that it deserves an independent project. May be after this one...

Cheers

As someone still playing WFRP 2ed I'd love to get my hands on this set of houserules. Since the Dropbox is down I've be searching the web, however without luck :(

Would it be possible to resubmit the whole project to Dropbox for a few days so I could download it? would be amazing!

Cheers Lithoan

Agree, I would like to get my hand on these as well :)