What kind of single packs would you like to see in the future?

By ASura2, in Tannhauser

??! said:

Do we really need the Shogunate and Matriarchy troopers with alternate colors? You could buy the same pack twice if you want to use two Shin agents for example. You could just put a little sticker on one of the troopers, repaint the helmet or whatever to distinguish them. I think there were 2 important reasons to buy the Reich and Union trooper packs: First, the only other access to the troopers was the expensive base game. Second, the troopers had no command pack before the trooper packs were released. For the Shogunate and Matriarchy troopers, we can get everything by just buying the same pack twice - a thing at least I seriously consider for the Shogunate pack. When new packs are released, I'd rather like to see someting really new!

Of course there should be something else in the trooper pack than the same items and the same (colour alternated) troopers. Some new packs and bonus tokens, for example. I already considered just buying the same pack twice and put some white dot on the new troopers to tell them apart from the "old" ones. That´s right for me. My fear is, however, that FFG really will release new alternate trooper packs with new content, which would force me to buy this one, too. This would leave me with three trooper packs, from which one would be totally overfluent. The big question is: Will FFG release the trooper packs a second time with new content or not. If I knew the would not, I would buy a second, idenctical pack at once. If I knew they would, I´d just wait.

To answer your question: for me, no alternate colour packs are really needed if there is no additional content. The sticker solution is fine with me.

Katsuyori said:

My fear is, however, that FFG really will release new alternate trooper packs with new content, which would force me to buy this one, too. This would leave me with three trooper packs, from which one would be totally overfluent. The big question is: Will FFG release the trooper packs a second time with new content or not. If I knew the would not, I would buy a second, idenctical pack at once. If I knew they would, I´d just wait.

I didn't even think about that! You are right then: They really should tell us whether there will be a second trooper pack or not!

well i'm certainly not going to wait another year while FFG decides or keeps their plans secret to get a second shogunate troop pack, with only alt. colors and maybe 2-4 more tokens & cards.

i'm just painting the second set to have dark navy blue - black uniforms, and find a transparent marker that gives the most matte finish possible to simply overlay a darker tone/hue on the character cards. if that doesnt work out, i'll just mark the bases A / B like voivodes.

(if anyone knows of a marker that can do this, let me know please!)

at this time, my vote for single packs (after Shogunate get 2 more heroes) is for more mercenaries, rather than a new faction or more stuff for existing factions - they'll have plenty of options - for me at least! Mercenary Heroes that aren't just glorified troopers/vacancy fillers would be great, as well as versatile mercenary troopers. They could build on the Phantom Division or the agency associated w/ Wolf (which i don't recall the name of)

Miah999 said:

You may be right about the medic, most Tannhauser characters are pretty survivable already, but the is alway the close combat Commando Omega.

As for the Blutstrum, they are a full millitary division, they'd have grunts just like any other unit. Like the Shin does.

The Omegas would be awesome, Union could relly change their playstyl if they got H-t-H focused troops. You sure the Blutsturm is a full millitary division?

As far as I know the unit,s full name is the Blutstrum Division, and it is commanded by Fieldmarshall Komstfelder, it serves not only as the Kaiser personal guard, but also as the "High Police" (like the Gestapo) (see page 36 revised rules). Assuming Tannhauser's military units follow some sense of real world units, a Fieldmarshall would command no less then 5000 men. So, I think there would have to be plently of lower ranked individuals in the unit, to suppot and carry out it's two primary missions.

Artemus Maximus said:

at this time, my vote for single packs (after Shogunate get 2 more heroes) is for more mercenaries, rather than a new faction or more stuff for existing factions - they'll have plenty of options - for me at least! Mercenary Heroes that aren't just glorified troopers/vacancy fillers would be great, as well as versatile mercenary troopers.

The Shogunate definitely should get new heroes (maybe even that red oni as an epic), and we really don't need another faction in the next time. I'm undecided on the mercenarys though. As much as I'd like to have cool mercenary heroes and troopers, I think there's a problem with them. If the merc heroes are "just glorified troopers", no one will use them because every faction has cooler characters. But if they are powerful, everyone will use them or at least everyone wants to use them, resulting in complaints like: "I lost because my opponent got the powerful merc XY!" If we get powerful merc troopers, we'll see a lot of teams from different faction using the same troopers. In short, characters that can be used by every faction will be either overpowered so that everyone wants to use them or characters with only a special niche that are only seldom used.

??! said:

Artemus Maximus said:

at this time, my vote for single packs (after Shogunate get 2 more heroes) is for more mercenaries, rather than a new faction or more stuff for existing factions - they'll have plenty of options - for me at least! Mercenary Heroes that aren't just glorified troopers/vacancy fillers would be great, as well as versatile mercenary troopers.

The Shogunate definitely should get new heroes (maybe even that red oni as an epic), and we really don't need another faction in the next time. I'm undecided on the mercenarys though. As much as I'd like to have cool mercenary heroes and troopers, I think there's a problem with them. If the merc heroes are "just glorified troopers", no one will use them because every faction has cooler characters. But if they are powerful, everyone will use them or at least everyone wants to use them, resulting in complaints like: "I lost because my opponent got the powerful merc XY!" If we get powerful merc troopers, we'll see a lot of teams from different faction using the same troopers. In short, characters that can be used by every faction will be either overpowered so that everyone wants to use them or characters with only a special niche that are only seldom used.

+1 to red oni as epic :)

ya that's true w/ overpowered mercs... didn't think of that - we have that with Asteros already...kinda frustrating sometimes.

actually a team of niche mercenaries wouldn't be bad, even if they're marginally better than troopers (and really, wolf & gorgei have their moments where they can be of good use) - after all, a H2H mercenary (Ronin?) could help out everyone who desires another H2H or sneak character, without the need for making him/her really powerful. Then when all mercenaries are combined to form a squad w/ merc troppers, there is additional benefits for this, something to create synergy amongst the mercs? Maybe 1 mercenary hero who can be fielded with no other faction & gives bonus modifications to characters w/ merc symbol?

I'm just saying it sounds like a better idea to me to add characters to mercenary pool that can possibly make up a new faction AND be used by everyone in general - as opposed to creating a new faction or adding more heroes to existing factions - would be easier to level the playing field in certain modes, imo

Well, I wouldn't mind some extra mercs, but I don't relly feel that appealed to a merc faction. I'd rather have more heroes and troops for the existing teams, and also more tokens and packs for the existing charachters. And I hope that we will get some none Matriarchy characters soon, its not that I don't like the recent support for the Matriarchy, it's just that it feels like the other teams have been forgotten.

I agree with MeisterH on everything. I don't think we really need a new "mercenary faction", and the idea about the mercenary that can't be used with a faction proposed by Artemus Maximus sounds cool, but many people would not buy that character because they mostly play one or maybe two factions. So I don't think we'll ever see a character like that. On the other hand, I'd immediately buy that Shogunate-themed melee expert Ronin mercenary to bring hand-to-hand combat into my ranged teams.

??!,

I just noticed your updated signature line, and I agree with everything but the Archmandrite, Oksana was an Archmandrite so we kind of already have one. I'd rather have Vetchorka or Polounotchka which are the other two Combat Armor Goddesses like Zor'ka. But since each is different and is supposed to have a different weapon, we could have all three and each would play very differently.

Thanks for your notice and comment, Miah. I know about Oksana, but she rather is a former Archmandrite who turned rouge, collected technology and now kind of wants to turn on the government. So I thought it would be nice to have a "normal" Archmandrite too.

I also thought about Vetchorka. As far as I understand, it was planned to install the Vetchorka "entity" into a Combat Armor controlled by Oksana. The project failed because Oksana didn't act as planned, so we don't have a Vetchorka combat armor. That's why I thought we could get kind of a "free" Vetchorka, a powerful enery being or ghost without any combat armor. But maybe that would be too powerful.

Now that I think of it, what I'd really like to see soon is the Matriarchy trooper pack! Come on, FFG, we know you have it! Why don't you just release it?

??! said:

Now that I think of it, what I'd really like to see soon is the Matriarchy trooper pack! Come on, FFG, we know you have it! Why don't you just release it?

Yessir!

Katsuyori said:

??! said:

Yessir!

I know, I'm dying to try them out.